Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I'm pulling for Musa. He had a terrible injury and to make it back when most people said he'd never play again is awesome.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Russian Roulette

MA is insurance for Jamal, and probably Musa. One preseason game doesn't mean a thing.

On another note, I believe Cory Ross can give us more flexibility than Daniels. Again, I am not saying that based on his fumbles. But, rather the heath of Musa and the diverse capability of Ross. Tough SOB

Blog Entries
    MA is also going to be very useful as a FB...though we're seeing some good starts from Justin Green and Dan Wilcox.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

4. I think we need draft picks also....but KEEP the VET!!!!

There is no way we should trade MA unless there is A LOT in return.

The thing is that, given Jamal's injury history we need a proven back-up; especially a guy who is a 1,000 yard rusher, can effectively play Fb, and is willing to do whatever he can to help the team as a whole.

I LOVE how Musa has been playing so far this summer. It was completely unexpected and a lot of us figured he would be cut. We can't forget he was a top back in his class. HOWEVER, he's STILL unproven in the regular season. P.J. Daniels and Cory Ross, though intriguing, are rookies. We need Mike Anderson. Period.

I would slow down on the trade talk. Injuries happen and the season hasn't even started yet. Have to wait and see what injuries occur, assess strengths and weakness's, which will set our priorities. Then go from there. But hey.......what do I know?

7. Re: Trade Mike Anderson To The Jets

Isn't it a little early to be throwing MA under the bus? MA ran with the second team offense mostly and didn't get a chance to get going cause they mostly sent him on dive plays.

While Jamal made something happen with his dive plays, remember that he worked exclusively with the first team O-line which was clicking on all cylinders in that first series.

I'd wait to reserve judgement on MA until a later date. Something tells me that we're gonna need him and he's gonna make a contribution to this team.

Besides, as good as Musa's looked, lest we forget that this kid's got a reserved gurney in the trainer's room. It seems that as soon as he gets that chance to get on the field he winds up not being able to leave under his own power.

I like Musa, but the smart money says that it's not a good idea to place all of your hopes on not one but two guys who've had injury concerns in the recent past.

MA is probably the heathiest proven veteran RB that the Ravens have and IMO it'd be stupid to trade away a guy unless you're getting above value returns and also got positive reassurances that P.J. Daniels can handle the back-up duties which I'm not convinced of yet if asked.

MA is going to get that ball rollin sooner rather than later as he's a productive and proven back in this league unlike Daniels and Ross. I'd take a proven 1,000yd rusher over these two unproven rookies anywhere, anytime.

Just my opinion.-Pro-

Re: Trade Mike Anderson To The Jets

PJ Daniels is a scrub. He'll be cut.

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

No, sorry, but trading Anderson is not a good idea. And, besides, we'd only get a lower round pick for him, so that's not worth the change they'd be taking. Without Anderson, and until Musa can prove that he can stay healthy, you could end up looking at PJ Daniels as your starter if Jamal and Musa were to get hurt.

With the aging stars we have on this team, this season is too important to take that chance.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard
    PJ Daniels is a scrub. He'll be cut.
    Cut a 4th round draft pick?? Not so fast. He hasn't looked good in the 1st game but he can turn it around.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Quote Originally Posted by Bez513
    Cut a 4th round draft pick?? Not so fast. He hasn't looked good in the 1st game but he can turn it around.
    5th, but you have a point, it's a little early for that kind of talk.

I have to revisit this thread, because while there are some good points for not trading Anderson, there is one thing to consider. Would Mike Anderson WANT to be considered the 3rd RB on this team. It is a matter of egos. We don't need another season of a RB griping.

As of now, the top two RBs are Jamal and Musa. There really is no place for Anderson unless he is coverted to a fulltime FB.

I am watching this game again on NFL Network and PJ Daniels ran the football pretty well. I would rather have a youngster like PJ Daniels as the 3rd RB instead of a vet that could have an ego problem about sharing carries. Plus, with teams like the Jets needing a reliable RB, we could get a draft pick in return. We lost a conditional 4th for McNair. We could retain an extra 4th or even gain a 5th round pick.

I say that we ought to think about trading MA. Maybe we could do it at the deadline, or we could be fair to MA and trade him now where he could learn his new team's system. Either way, I think Anderson is the odd man out here.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!