Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: OT: 105.7 The Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    I don't want to buy my radio stations...Besides, are there any local radio stations on Sirius Radio?
    NFL Network on Sirius is awesome...educational and more in depth most of the time than local stations.
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Didn't know that...so why would the FCC make WNST's signal so poor in comparison to their competition?
    The signal strengths of radio stations, and the direction they can broadcast, are set by the FCC to attempt to prevent them from interfering with each other. Some can transmit with more power and some can only transmit in a specific direction. WNST is 5,000 watts, which is a decent signal, but they can't direct it southward. If they could they could hit Annapolis with that power, or at least northern AA county. IIRC, 1300 is also 5000 watts but they can direct their signal toward the south more. WBAL is 50,000 watts but at night (they have to change at night because AM signals carry further at night) I can't get them in Westminster, but people in Boston can get them. Try and figure that out.

Day game for the O's.

Trade deadline approaching and O's make a big move.

No workouts today from the Ravens.

Flagship station.

What do you expect?

4. Re: OT: 105.7 The Fan

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    T-Spot - I agree 100%, which is why I seldom listen to any of the stations and get my Ravens fix here and other boards like their main site.

There was the Ohers press conf today.

See press conf transcript thread.
    Thanks, Trap! At least someone on here gets me!

5. Re: OT: 105.7 The Fan

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    Day game for the O's.

Trade deadline approaching and O's make a big move.

No workouts today from the Ravens.

Flagship station.

What do you expect?
    I'm talking about night local sports radio talk!!! It's going to continue until September!!! :grbac:

Why would a station talk Ravens 100% of the time? We have two professional sports teams. I want to hear about both.

Quote Originally Posted by crpravens View Post
    Why would a station talk Ravens 100% of the time? We have two professional sports teams. I want to hear about both.
    AMEN, brother! :happyanim

8. Re: OT: 105.7 The Fan

Quote Originally Posted by crpravens View Post
    I don't want a station that talks Ravens 100%...Would you please read my threads! I live south of WNST and I want a station that I can listen to at night and that doesn't just mostly talk Orioles at night during the NFL season... It's going to happen with 105.7 unless they stop playing the Oriole games at night!

fireanitamarks.com content coming soon!:hammer:

This thread makes me giggle. I love a good ol' fashioned dog-pile. tens of people piling on. Message boards rule.

To stay on topic though, why would you want a radio station that covers the Ravens 100 percent of the time during training camp when 105.7 is the flagship station of the Orioles? You should be thankful that there are two major league sports in this town. I do not know if you are aware of this, but there was a day game yesterday when you started this stupid thread.

WOOHOO!
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

The stupid is strong in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    The stupid is strong in this thread.
    QFT
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid