Thread: Decosta on WBAL

Decosta on WBAL

Said it's very unlikely that we draft a CB at all or a RB in the early rounds. Said we have 3 rookie corners on the roster as it is we don't need any more. Also said don't be surprised if Anderson,Musa and PJ are our 3 RB's. This year's class in his opinion is very weak on RB but he's very confident they could replace Pashos because the Tackle position is very strong. So you mock drafters stop predicting a RB or CB in the 1st rd! Look for an OL or LB with our first pick although he did say we're deep enough to take the best available player. I think we need to sign a RB or draft one in the 2nd or 3rd rd but apparently Eric disagrees.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

Re: Decosta on WBAL

Quote Originally Posted by F Angelos View Post
    Said it's very unlikely that we draft a CB at all or a RB in the early rounds. Said we have 3 rookie corners on the roster as it is we don't need any more. Also said don't be surprised if Anderson,Musa and PJ are our 3 RB's. This year's class in his opinion is very weak on RB but he's very confident they could replace Pashos because the Tackle position is very strong. So you mock drafters stop predicting a RB or CB in the 1st rd! Look for an OL or LB with our first pick although he did say we're deep enough to take the best available player. I think we need to sign a RB or draft one in the 2nd or 3rd rd but apparently Eric disagrees.
    Lots of things can and will change between now and draft day.

To be honest, it's possible we could draft any one of the positions you just talked about.

PP

I agree with Purple Poe.

I don't think they have totally finished evaluating their draft board. Plus we have the NFL Combine where teams interview players. You have to remember that Ozzie and Eric play their cards close to the vest and are not going to disclose their picks. Since we pick so far down in the draft, don't be surprised if we trade down to get more picks.

Quote Originally Posted by F Angelos View Post

If that's what Decosta said, then that means we will be drafting a CB or RB with the first pick and/or on day one of the draft. Our FO is known for putting out misinformation as to what our focus will be. Remember that our FO likes to play close to the vest, so don't believe everything that is put out there publicly by our FO.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

As much as we play close to the vest, my guess is we're going with BPA no matter what. We've got a ton of long term needs and not a lot of short term ones, so I can't see us "playing for the now". We're a year or two away from dumping and/or losing a bunch of older guys and need young talent to take over, so I can't see us not taking the BPA at any position other than maybe TE.

You can make an argument for literally any other position that we need some good, young talent.

- C -

I also agree with PP.

Too many things change. It will be BPA. I also hope that Eric isn't implying that they may not resign Pashos.

Not resigning Pashos would be a huge mistake. Yes, he may be able to be replaced, but why chance it? He's already proven and he's young. Why not resign him and address other needs?

I have to agree the running back class is fairly week. You have 2 guys that are top-notch in Lynch and Peterson, one guy that COULD be top-notch in Bush, and a whole lot of mediocre backs; Irons, Hunt, Darius Walker, Pittman, Darby, and maybe Booker and Moss are some of them.

I'd love to see an OL in the first, a LB in the second, and a CB/RB in the third.

I can see going without a CB on the first day because of Pittman, Martin, and Prude, but not draft a RB? Daniels is unproven, MA is 50 years old, and Musa is the most injury prone player on the Ravens. I love(d) Musa, but get him the hell out of here. He's damaged goods. My feelings are that if Musa isn't resigned, they'll draft a RB on the first day.

I heard Decosta about 2 months ago and he said that he thought OT Joe Staley was very underrated and if he is there at a place where the value is right we might take him.I searched a bunch of draft sites then and he was pretty much all over the board as far as a projection,some had him as the 3rd best OT and some had him as the 13th best OT.

Fast forward to now,and it seems like he is shooting up the charts,one site has him as the 22nd overall pick.I guess that teams and analysts have had more time to look at tape on this guy and like him,he is from a small school so that didnt help either.

Looks like the Ravens draft dept was ahead of the game,once again.

Joe Staley could potentially be the best T in the draft, but he probably wouldn't play much as a rookie. He's like Chester; raw, incredibly athletic, and has the potential to be the best OL in the draft. The guy runs a freaking 4.7.

Joe Staley: My dad is from Pittsburgh, so I grew up a huge Steelers fan.

:bag:

Because the Ravens have been so honest and forthright when predicting their first round pick in the past!

Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    Because the Ravens have been so honest and forthright when predicting their first round pick in the past!
    Actually, they are usually pretty easy to read when it comes to their first round pick, just about all of them have been heavily linked to the Ravens headng into draft day. It will probably be the same this year.

After reading that interview, I could get to like that Staley kid. We DO need another interior lineman to round out the middle. Staley may be a little light for tackle, but with that speed, he'd make a superb guard - like Chester will be.

Terry, Staley, Chester, Brown, and Pashos would be nice two years down the road.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM