Obama criticizes Mass police officer

the other night a woman in Cambridge Mass observed two men breaking into the front door of a house across the street. the responding police went to the residence; the owner, a Harvard professor named Gates, protested, was arrested and taken to the station.
    Pres Obama (who of course was not present) said the police 'acted stupidly'. Dr. Gates is demanding an apology from the Cambridge police.
    judging from the pic Dr. Gates was pretty out of control.
    I wonder, if he called the police as his house was being invaded, if he'd complain about their fast response and thoroughness of the peace officers.
    Last edited by sailorsam; 07-23-2009 at 07:19 PM.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Re: Obama criticizes Mass police officer

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    the other night a woman in Cambridge Mass observed two men breaking into the front door of a house across the street. the responding police went to the residence; the owner, a Harvard professor named Gates, protested, was arrested and taken to the station.
    Pres Obama (who of course was not present) said the police 'acted stupidly'. Dr. Gates is demanding an apology from the Cambridge police.
    judging from the pic Dr. Gates was pretty out of control.
    I wonder, if he called the police as his house was being invaded, if he'd complain about their fast response and thoroughness of the peace officers.
    I am sure most Americans would be irate if a couple police officers knocked on your door and arrested you for being in your house. Any conservative ideologue on this board should agree with that.

I am also sure that Obama would like to change the word "stupidly" to something more along the lines of "surprisingly" maybe. I cringed when I heard it and thought that would be a couple days of fuel for the Limpballs of the world.

Funny how you support police officers arresting somone who's only crime is being in their own house....and you continuously rail against Obama as some communist.

Trap - Communists arrest people in their own homes for no reason. At least be consistent in your viewpoints.

You show your true GOP blood here by being critical for whatever suits your purpose. Obama could come out as some wacknut religious freak and you would criticize that I am sure.

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    Maybe he was profiled many times in the past, who knows but he didnt like the cops from the beginning and then played the race card.
    That may just be the reason he reacted the way he did. If he lived a life of being constantly profiled by cops I totally understand. Remember the US hasn't always been an equal country and racism stills exists among some police departments. I'm not saying it excuses his actions but I could understand them.

Now Obama, thats just uncalled for.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller