Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Panthers Interested In Boller?

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Anything short of a first rounder or DelHomme, this would be a mistake. Boller's contract is cap friendly, McNair is 34 going on 50, and really showed his deterioration the last two TD-less games. We need 2007 insurance, and probably a new starter in 2008, and Olson is a question mark.

well said T...i agree 100%......But whatever happens Leftwich is NOT the answer....he is just plain bad!!!
    Living in Houston, Tx....still living, eating, breathing the Ravens

"I have nothing against Boller, but the conflict (and sometimes borderline hostility) that is demonstrated in the thread is a reason why Boller needs a fresh start."

Well, when any of us (borderline hostile or not) that post on ANY message board actually play a game for the Ravens then maybe the above mentioned conflict will matter. Until then, I'll go with the guys that know more then me(i.e. the people who actually work for the Ravens) and if they seem to think it's better to stick with Boller, then I'm all for it
    Screw 'em all

Proud Member of BASH - Baltimore Association of Steeler Haters

Quote Originally Posted by ladyraven127 View Post
    "I have nothing against Boller, but the conflict (and sometimes borderline hostility) that is demonstrated in the thread is a reason why Boller needs a fresh start."

Well, when any of us (borderline hostile or not) that post on ANY message board actually play a game for the Ravens then maybe the above mentioned conflict will matter. Until then, I'll go with the guys that know more then me(i.e. the people who actually work for the Ravens) and if they seem to think it's better to stick with Boller, then I'm all for it
    except for last week....i agree....I trust them! I dont trust our O, but, for the most part they(as a whole) do not let us down

I would not trade Kyle Boller until it is clear who is our quarterback beyond next year. Kyle may not be great, but I think he has improved and he certainly is a serviceable backup, which every team needs.

I think fans need to quit bashing the guy. I realize he is a slow work in progress, but unless we got a high draft pick, like a second round pick, I would not consider a trade.

Byron Leftwich? Ugh, no thanks. The guy is a freakin statue.

I wouldn't mind to trade Boller for a first day pick, as I agree a change of scenery would benefit him. I also think a lot of players don't believe in him (my opinion), and it's obvious a large portion of the fan base don't. I really like the kid, and I want to see him do well, but I don't think he ever really had a chance here, and that's a shame.

IF they do trade him, they better sign a veteran backup to McNair, AND draft a QB of the future on the first day of the draft. JMO.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

The comments about Leftwich are funny. For the last 3 years most posters have been saying "we could have Leftwich instead of Boller!" Ignoring the fact that he just wasn't very good. Now that he has likely been pushed out in JAX everyone thinks he sucks.

PR, you make a great post. And I agree with pieces of it. However:

The players have no faith in him (I don't care what is publicly said),
    Until you have some shred of proof or are in the locker room and have heard players talk, I wish you'd drop this shit. You have absolutely no idea what goes on behind closed doors, and people who HAVE been back there have said otherwise; especially with the young guys.

Other than that, I think the Panthers would be a good fit for him. And no, I don't want Leftwich here. I'm pretty sure we want a QB that can actually move around.

Quote Originally Posted by FHRaven View Post
    The comments about Leftwich are funny. For the last 3 years most posters have been saying "we could have Leftwich instead of Boller!" Ignoring the fact that he just wasn't very good. Now that he has likely been pushed out in JAX everyone thinks he sucks.
    When we were in Jax a few years back they all had nothing but bad things to say about him. He is not even the starter anymore...beaten out by someone with a whole lot less moxy than McNair

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    This thread has now brought up an interesting topic that I think would warrant a thread of its own which I will start.
    You made a post about a post you're going to make? :grbac:

I'm just about ready to the advice of others and put you on ignore.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    PR, you make a great post. And I agree with pieces of it. However:

Until you have some shred of proof or are in the locker room and have heard players talk, I wish you'd drop this shit. You have absolutely no idea what goes on behind closed doors, and people who HAVE been back there have said otherwise; especially with the young guys.

Other than that, I think the Panthers would be a good fit for him. And no, I don't want Leftwich here. I'm pretty sure we want a QB that can actually move around.

Okay to give you this. The ONLY way I see Boller being able to salvage a career here is after the 2008 season, (let's call it the 2008 30-and-over-veteran purge, because that's what it really is). Also note that Billick's new deal is up after 2008 and he may not be here and a new coach may want to start fresh with a different guy. That is unless my theory of Neuheisel being the heir apparent after 2008 is correct as he seems to have a connection with Boller.

Otherwise, I think Boller deserves a break from this entire situation and a fresh start with another team. I feel the same with Leftwich. That kid was thrown to the wolves in the same manner as Boller, and he has talent.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

not gonna lie, it's kinda funny how Grossman may end up being the best QB of that year's draft and we burned all sorts of picks to leapfrog Chicago to get Boller.....:bag:

Make no mistake PR, I agree with you on what you're saying. For reasons that I don't think are talent or potential based, I don't see him here when his contract is up. Maybe Boller himself is ready for a change and doesn't want to resign here. But a change in scenery I think would be best.

not gonna lie, it's kinda funny how Grossman may end up being the best QB of that year's draft and we burned all sorts of picks to leapfrog Chicago to get Boller.....
    Weeeeeellllllll, let's not forget Carson Palmer was in that draft. Besides, let's not send Rex Grossman to the hall of fame just yet. He's just now playing better Football, and he could well lay an egg tomorrow night. He's still not the best QB of that draft.