Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Panthers Interested In Boller?

http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/

(You have to scroll down)

This would be an excellent move for Baltimore, Carolina and Boller.

1. For Baltimore: It is an opportunity to get as high a draft pick as we can for Boller (maybe a 3rd or 4th. I'd take that). Baltimore ought to strike while Boller's value is high right now. We can then start fresh with a drafted QB this 2007 draft.

2. For Carolina: It gives them a young QB in need of a change of scenery that could also challenge for the starting job eventually. Boller did well when playing the Panthers and could utilize him as a backup to Jake Delhomme.

3. For Boller: It gives him a much needed FRESH START! Face facts folks, Boller is NOT the future here in Baltimore. The players have no faith in him (I don't care what is publicly said), and the fanbase, for the most part, has no faith in Boller. Boller will always be under the microscope here in Baltimore by players and fans. I am sure Boller still carries with him the day Ravens fans cheered when he was injured. If Boller is to salvage anything in his NFL career, it will have to come with another team. This could be his chance and the best thing the Ravens franchise can do is to let Boller go while at the same time, get something in return for Boller.

I hope this trade happens. It would end the Boller hugger/hater crap, and we can start fresh with a new QB. (Maybe a Kevin Kolb hugger/hater club? How about a Byron Leftwich hugger/hater club. There was a rumor that we would pursue Leftwich to groom behind McNair. I like that idea).
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Re: Panthers Interested In Boller?

The timing is perfect, with one year left on his contract.

Good post, good argument.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

I'd do that deal for a #2 pick if they would go that high. Unlikely, but I would do it.

If the offer was for 3rd or a 4th I'd want a contingency that if he ends up playing a certain number of games (or something like that) that it becomes a #2.

Great post PR. Pretty compelling argument.

The problem with Kyle's situation is that some Baltimore fans will hate him regardless what he does.

I still like his chances to become our QB of the future, rather than going with another rookie; but, that may be a bit unrealistic at this point. If we can get a 3rd round pick or higher for him, I'd probably take it.

The sad thing is that Kyle does a lot of things well, but his progress is sometimes overshadowed by boneheaded mistakes. If we were to resign him, I'd also be content.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    http://blogs.charlotte.com/panthers/

(I hope this trade happens. It would end the Boller hugger/hater crap, and we can start fresh with a new QB. (Maybe a Kevin Kolb hugger/hater club? How about a Byron Leftwich hugger/hater club. There was a rumor that we would pursue Leftwich to groom behind McNair. I like that idea).
    While I am in the Boller fan club, a change of scenery is what is best & right for Kyle, I wouldn't do it for less than a 3rd w/ contingency on PT upgrading the pick. Also, as far as your comment of Leftwich, no I don't want him here. We already had 1 water buffalo here in 99 & he lasted 6 quarters. We don't need a water buffalo II.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PARavensJeff View Post
    While I am in the Boller fan club, a change of scenery is what is best & right for Kyle, I wouldn't do it for less than a 3rd w/ contingency on PT upgrading the pick. Also, as far as your comment of Leftwich, no I don't want him here. We already had 1 water buffalo here in 99 & he lasted 6 quarters. We don't need a water buffalo II.

1. I am sensing that you guys would trade Boller for a draft pick in the 2008 draft. I would move Boller for a draft pick in this coming 2007 draft. I agree that I would try for a 2nd round pick, but realistically, we'd probably end up with a 3rd or 4th pick in the 2007 draft. I would take that.

2. I hear what you are saying about Leftwich, but the guy has talent, and he is in a similiar situation in Jax as Boller is here. Leftwich was kind of thrown to the wolves, because Jax was in a rush to replace Brunell. I am sure Leftwich has a hater/hugger club dow there. Byron has some mobility, and alot of talent, and would probably serve well to have a true mentor in McNair. I think Leftwich has a great future as well, but it won't come in Jax. Byron needs a major change of scenery.

7. Re: Panthers Interested In Boller?

One thing you overlooked is that we have no back up QB if we get rid of Mcnair. Olsen is on the practice sqaud but very unproven. Kyle whether liked or not, did exactly what we need of him this year, come in and fill in for Mcnair when we needed him too. Id only trade boller for another QB that needs a change of scenery....dont know what that would be right now.
    Season ticket holder since 1996 Section 148 Tailgate Lot H
    See my photos and video at www.bmoreravens.com

Quote Originally Posted by ravensfan1996 View Post
    One thing you overlooked is that we have no back up QB if we get rid of Mcnair. Olsen is on the practice sqaud but very unproven. Kyle whether liked or not, did exactly what we need of him this year, come in and fill in for Mcnair when we needed him too. Id only trade boller for another QB that needs a change of scenery....dont know what that would be right now.
    As stated in the thread, we could go after a Byron Leftwich or draft a first day QB to serve as the backup. A backup QB is not hard to find.

a 3rd going to a 2nd based on playing time would be fantastic, might even be better to do a 3rd this year and conditional 4th for next year depending.

Kyle has potential to be successful, but he needs a fresh start away from the QB meat grinder of the 90s and 00s

Thumbs down Re: Panthers Interested In Boller?

Anything short of a first rounder or DelHomme, this would be a mistake. Boller's contract is cap friendly, McNair is 34 going on 50, and really showed his deterioration the last two TD-less games. We need 2007 insurance, and probably a new starter in 2008, and Olson is a question mark.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Did it rain? All the mushrooms have sprouted out. Oh, wait, those are haters.
    You wanna aee some hatred? They dump Boller and sign Leftwich, you'll really some. Pass.
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Getting rid of Boller this year is truly insane! If you want to scrap the Playoffs next year and just start rebuilding now, then trade him. Of Course you should get rid of everyone else over 30 on the roster! There is no way we make it to the Playoffs next year w/o Boller backing up McNair!
    ... They shall mount up with wings as Eagles;