Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

24x7 Article: SLASH TO GET THE CASH? - More Letters 2 TL (Photos by Sabina Moran) (1/

There is a new article on the main page.

SLASH TO GET THE CASH? - More Letters 2 TL (Photos by Sabina Moran) (1/19)

Link to complete article...

(This thread created automatically by 24x7 Admin's RSS robots).

Re: 24x7 Article: SLASH TO GET THE CASH? - More Letters 2 TL (Photos by Sabina Moran)

"The club could explore free agency or make some sort of trade for a player like Michael Turner. Personally I think Turner is the real deal and worthy of a late first round pick. His “tires” have relatively low mileage for a player with 3 years of experience. That will happen when you are behind LT on the depth chart"

I agree at #29 we could have a proven commodity that would fill a big need especially when the RB class isn't suppossed to be that great this year.

Blog Entries

Re: 24x7 Article: SLASH TO GET THE CASH? - More Letters 2 TL (Photos by Sabina Moran)

I wonder if TL would also send the Ravens a thread imploring them to change the offensive philosophy from the present "just getting the points the Defense says they need" to becoming a top 5 offense. With that goal, the offense forgets that there is a great D behind them. They go on the field, and the object is to SCORE, and score TD's, not just to "manage the game" and then depend on the D to win it. For this offense, the role of the D is to get the ball back for them and shut out the opponent, or to keep them under the score they say they need. The role of this offense is to rack up 35 plus points per game so that the points for/points against ratio remains unassailably high. The role of this offense is to be playing with a lead all the time, which makes the D even more ferocious and effective.

Can't we at least aspire to this goal?? It was done in Minneapolis when Billick was there. It can be done here. So TL, what do you think? Let's get these thoughts to the Ravens as well. As far as the planned effort to regain the Baltimore Colts history, count me in on that too.

Rocky we beat Pittsburgh one time this year 27 - 0. We also beat the Bills 16 - 7. How do you explain the difference?
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Blog Entries

Festivus, I'm not quite sure what you're getting at here, unless it's that maybe we do aspire to this goal, but are successful to varying degrees.

What I'm on about is that, as much as I think that Brian Billick is the right coach for the Ravens, I wish that the offensive philosophy would change from the conservative one which has prevailed, because the feeling is that our great defense will always rise to the occasion and bail us out. Change to an offense that aims to be the phase of the team that's going to win the games by putting up a lot of points. I think we could do that with some O-line changes on the interior and an improvement in the running game.

AIM for a top 5 offense, not for a mediocre one. Even if the D is good enough to prevail if the offense is mediocre. Jeez, we would have been in the AFC championship game if our offense had just been mediocre last Saturday. But it had a bad day, so the slip from mediocre is to really bad, and that's what we got on Saturday. A top 5 unit could have slipped from good to mediocre, which would have been enough to win the day.

OK, I agree that this seems a bit simplistic. But it's OK to dream.
    Last edited by RockyMRaven; 01-20-2007 at 03:02 AM.