Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Skysports

Re: Skysports

I have done the same, I signed up to NASN and almost straight away they pulled NFL Access and now there is no sign of any NFL progs of any sort. What makes it worse is that I gave up Sky Sports for it!!!!! Oh well good old Pontel have come to the rescue

Quote Originally Posted by Maryland Ben
    I have done the same, I signed up to NASN and almost straight away they pulled NFL Access and now there is no sign of any NFL progs of any sort. What makes it worse is that I gave up Sky Sports for it!!!!! Oh well good old Pontel have come to the rescue
    I like pontel but I just can't wait for the DVDs...I sticking to live WebTV...Can't believe NASN!!!:grbac:

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Nice to see you here Maryland Ben.

I don't know what I'd do without Pontel.It was like a dream come true when they got an NFL license.If only some of that could rub off on Nasn.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

NASN are frustrating but I've gotta believe their hands must be tied in some way to what they can and can't show NFL wise. With NFL Total Access there's no excuse unless the NFL are planning to put NFL Network onto our screens in the near future, but with regards the games I don't whether it's the fact that Sky choose games rather than buying a package that restricts NASN from buying some games, it has to be something because there is no way any company would be stupid enough to intentionally put out the product they are putting out at the mo.

That being said this is the same company that is giving me their broadcast free of charge at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers
    NASN are frustrating but I've gotta believe their hands must be tied in some way to what they can and can't show NFL wise. With NFL Total Access there's no excuse unless the NFL are planning to put NFL Network onto our screens in the near future, but with regards the games I don't whether it's the fact that Sky choose games rather than buying a package that restricts NASN from buying some games, it has to be something because there is no way any company would be stupid enough to intentionally put out the product they are putting out at the mo.

That being said this is the same company that is giving me their broadcast free of charge at the moment.
    Yeah i get Setanta for free and then at 12am it switches to NASN! Don't gonna complain, living in Ireland we get more prem league live games than you guys in the UK! :insane:

question for the UK guys. have you ever heard of the "slingbox"? i do not know much about it. just hear commercials (adverts, i believe that is your word for it) on the radio.

you hook the device up to your computer and to your tv. you then can watch your tv from anywhere on a laptop or other computer. i think that is how it works. not sure if one "slingbox" hooked up is able to allow multiple people to watch, but possibly one of your more computer savy friends here could get this item and hook it up. you then could watch the game on his tv every week. he would just need to cue up the proper channel for you, unless it allows you to change stations, which it could.

anyway, just a thought. not sure if i am making sense or explaining it enough. the "slingbox" is available at Best Buy from what i understand. good luck.

I don't know if this Sky TV deal is news to y'all Limies, but someone just posted it on a Redskins board.

The National Football League has awarded Sky the UK and Irish rights to the NFL under a new four-year deal, up until the end of the 2010-2011 season. The new arrangement will bring an increase in the number of games shown live in the UK.

From next season onwards, NFL fans in the UK can look forward to:

* More than 100 live matches each season; double the current commitment.
    * Extra live games through the Sky digital interactive service.
    * All 10 Playoff games in January.
    * Super Bowl live at the end of each season.
    * Live and recorded pre-season and NFL Europe League games.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The new deal means that you can see more live games every Sunday night from the start of the 2007 season than you are getting now even with the extra red button matchups, fans in the UK can look forward to the 2007 NFL Draft on Sky, preseason action, and an increased interactive presence. This deal also covers the NFL Network’s Thursday and Saturday games for the current season, meaning that Sky will pick up seven extra games this season, including mouth-watering matchups between Baltimore and Cincinnati (Thursday November 30th) and Dallas and Atlanta (Saturday December 16th).

Well spotted Mista T. - I assumed SKY would show that match, at least that is confirmed now. The funny thing is SKY have no other sport to show on at that tiem in the morning, I can not understand why it took so long to get it going. With the demise of NASN I think most people will move back to SKY.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Good for Sky viewers.We have everything on a plate for us football wise.

NFL game pass.For that live gameday experience on the internet.
    NFL field pass.For any radio commentary if you cannot afford the above.
    Pontel.com to build your Raven game library on DVD.To research closer what is going on.
    Sky for a pick and mix of live NFL games.
    Channel 5 for Monday night and after baseball season is over Sunday night games.
    NASN for SEC college football and not much else.

We cannot complain across the pond,can we?
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Will they shoow the S.D. match this weekend on 'red button' ?
    Seems an obvious choice!

Quote Originally Posted by UKRaven View Post
    Will they shoow the S.D. match this weekend on 'red button' ?
    Seems an obvious choice!
    I totally agree...makes perfect sense but then again, we get no love from those guys....what are your thoughts on Nick and Kev?

AMAZING

Sun Oct 1 San Diego @ Baltimore & New England @ Cincinnati SSX*, 6pm
    check out www.skysports.co.uk