Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Available offensive linemen?

Cuts have come in from around the NFL. In particular, I've been looking to see if a decent offensive tackle has shaken free, that the Ravens might pick up as a reserve to push Tony Pashos or start in the event we can't rely on Pashos any longer. So far, I've seen Mike Pearson, Rob Pettiti, and Kelly Butler on the list released... any thoughts on the Ravens bringing one of them in?

I also noticed Chris Liwienski was released at OG from Minnesota, we might want to take a look at him as well. However, I'm not sure of his health status.

Re: Available offensive linemen?

Pettiti is worth a look. Also, Big-bodied Fonatu was waived by the Bucs. I wonder if he could handle right tackle?
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

Blog Entries

I think whoever we get needs to be able to play G. We are severly thin with the injury to Rimpf, though if we can get someone to push Pashos, I'm all for it...
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag
    I think whoever we get needs to be able to play G. We are severly thin with the injury to Rimpf, though if we can get someone to push Pashos, I'm all for it...
    I agree, when do we have to make a move? Is there a date by which we need to have picked up a player who has been cut?

Quote Originally Posted by Art-Florida
    Pettiti is worth a look. Also, Big-bodied Fonatu was waived by the Bucs. I wonder if he could handle right tackle?
    Pettiti - Have a look yes, but Dallas' OL is far from stellar and I'm not too bothered about picking anyone up from there.

Fonoti - Big body but his feet are set in cement, wouldn't have a hope in hell of being any use to us at RT.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag
    Definitely, but not quite as thin as OT.

Having somebody that can do both would be great, but I think OT is the highest prioroty right now.

Flynn, Brown, Chester and Vincent can be moved around abit to cover if need be.
    If one OT goes down, we're screwed!!

We currently have 10 defensive backs on the roster right now.

Certainly you want depth there as well, but that is where the depth will need to be thinned out to get offensive line help.

I would consider looking at an older vet as well such as Zeus or Eathan Brooks.:bag:
    Both have been here and wouldn't need a major introduction into the system, playbook, and facilitys.
    They're probably not in football shape right now, but they're warm bodys that can fill a need in an emergency situation if need be.
    One minor injury to Ogden, Terry or Pachos qualifys as an emergency right now with absolutely no depth behind them or nobody with any real playing experience at that position on the roster.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

My concern is, how many times have we read, from Aaron and others, that Terry can't play RT. If Pashos goes down, what happens then? We don't have a backup at RT on the roster.

Either the FO knows something everybody that follows the Ravens doesn't, or they are really hoping Pashos stays healthy.

Also, I think anyone they bring in will be solely for depth. It's really too late for anyone to come in and push Pashos.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

The Ravens could use an extra right guard, and three are now available. Toniu Fonoti, Chris Liwienski,and Fred Matua are all good enough. None of them is perfect, but maybe better than what we have.

9. Re: Available offensive linemen?

I would consider looking at an older vet as well such as Zeus or Eathan Brooks.:bag:
    Both have been here and wouldn't need a major introduction into the system, playbook, and facilitys.
    They're probably not in football shape right now, but they're warm bodys that can fill a need in an emergency situation if need be.
    One minor injury to Ogden, Terry or Pachos qualifys as an emergency right now with absolutely no depth behind them or nobody with any real playing experience at that position on the roster.

I agree with you FANATIC...Someone who can step in in case of an emergency...Both Brown and Brooks knows the system and McNair would get up in their butts when they make mistakes...It's also his site side so McNair could see most of what is coming at him....By the way FANATIC, who's the chick on your avatar??? Inquiring minds would like to know

The Deadskins cut Spencer Folau. OT. Any thoughts on him?
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Scouting Report on Spencer Folau: 33 yrs old 10 year veteran. 6'5 310 lbs

Is versatile and has adequate size and quickness.Can come off the line and deliver a blow.Generally plays with solid leverage and gets seperation.Can set quickly in pass protection and force rushers wide.Lacks awareness,takes poor angles and has mental lapses.Gets knocked back by strong bull rushers andis not comfortable blocking in space.