Bedard to stay in baltimore?

What are the chances that he stays in Baltimore after his current contract is up?

I am thinking about a 20% chance if the team should somehow make a playoff run in the next 3 years that we have him?

Re: Bedard to stay in baltimore?

20%? No way ... after the Mussina disaster, this organization has learned a valuable lesson. If we become a playoff team, I would expect the O's to try top any other offer. I'll give it 50/50.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    20%? No way ... after the Mussina disaster, this organization has learned a valuable lesson. If we become a playoff team, I would expect the O's to try top any other offer. I'll give it 50/50.
    You think Angelos learned a lesson from Mussina? We saw the same thing happen with B.J. Ryan. They could have signed him dirt cheap but didn't. Then they could have traded him and at least got something in return but didn't do that. So we lose him and get nothing to show for it.

The warehouse keeps saying Bedard is "untouchable" when it comes to a trade. This leads you to believe they want to build the rotation around him. So, I'll believe it when I see it. His stock is sky high at the moment, and with the deal Santana just signed, Bedard won't come cheap. Whether Angelos wants to pay that much for him remains to be seen, but history tells us they'll try to lowball him.

5. Re: Bedard to stay in baltimore?

Bedard was a loser.

Fleecing the M's in a 5 for 1 deal should go down as one of the best trades in Orioles history. Of course depending on how the players finish their careers.

Quote Originally Posted by Mwjergs View Post
    Bedard was a loser.

Fleecing the M's in a 5 for 1 deal should go down as one of the best trades in Orioles history. Of course depending on how the players finish their careers.
    Yeah, it really was. I guess it makes up for that early 90's trade when we gave up Finley, Harnisch and Schilling for freakin Glenn Davis.

I know this thread is old, but looking back at it now, that Bedard trade has paid off better than one could have hoped regarding the players we got in return. Hasn't helped the W-L record, but dang.. Adam Jones, Kam Mickolio, Sherrill (now traded), and the young Chris Tillman who the verdict is still out on, but shows a LOT of potential. Time will tell the whole story, but A.J. is a friggin beast.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Blog Entries

Now that we're hearing rumblings of Bedard coming BACK to Baltimore...one wonders if this makes MacPhail a GENIUS or a SAVANT?

Granted, the trade itself was the big story...Getting Adam Jones for Bedard might've been good enough, getting Sherrill for a one and a half year rental would seal it, especially when you consider that we flipped Sherrill for our future 3B...then you look at adding Chris Tillman, who is a member of our rotation 2 years later, Kam Mickolio, who looks like a dependable reliever...that trade brought us several cornerstones for our future.

But then to get Bedard BACK? For nothing? That would just be the cherry on the sundae.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!