Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Senior Bowl Prospects

I read some info from scout.com on the Senior Bowl preview and players that will be watched. Maybe we can list names of possible prospects here.

One name I'd like to start with is Ryan Kallil of USC. He apparently is the top rated center in the draft so far and "with a good performance" could "move into the bottom of the first round."
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Re: Senior Bowl Prospects

Center is just about the last position the Ravens will be drafting this year, at least early.

Since the Ravens are locked into a "pound the rock" running-oriented O (courtesy of the fact that it's the only thing the HC seems comfortable with running), the Ravens damn sight better prioritize the O-line this year if they're to have any shot at pushing through a very tough schedule, which includes 3 West Coast road trips.

GO RAVENS!!!

4. Re: Senior Bowl Prospects

I would love to draft a big time Center, maybe even a Gaurd. I would also like to see what it would take to make a move on Michael Turner from San Diego. Perhaps trade Derick Mason and a third rounder if need be. I have faith in Ozzie.

Quote Originally Posted by Daskcool View Post
    I would love to draft a big time Center, maybe even a Gaurd. I would also like to see what it would take to make a move on Michael Turner from San Diego. Perhaps trade Derick Mason and a third rounder if need be. I have faith in Ozzie.
    Even with Mason, it'd probably take more than a 3rd rounder. But Turner should be fresh next season -- unlike LJ, who carried a major load this year -- and I don't know that it'd be a bad idea to spend a 1st round pick on Turner. (Hell...it'd be better than a wasted 1st round pick on Troy Smith, that's for sure.)

GO RAVENS!!!

Isn't Chester supposed to take the center position anyway?

I would guess that's why HDDream was suggesting we won't be drafting one.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

skay-

our team isn't stupid enough to spend a first round pick on troy smith. No one is. Excpet maybe the Browns.

So it's a moot point.

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    skay-

our team isn't stupid enough to spend a first round pick on troy smith. No one is. Excpet maybe the Browns.

So it's a moot point.
    DUH! Obviously. It was thrown in there merely as an afterthought in response to several fans who'd been clamoring for him for months now.

GO RAVENS!!!

Chester will be center, and he'll be a big time center at that. He's got the athleticism, strength, and intelligence to be a top-notch center.

I'd worry more about drafting an OG high, but there's a good chance the coaching staff is happy with starting Vincent. Who knows, though.

If Justin Blalock falls in the first, the Ravens may be tempted to take him. I think Aaron Sears and Ben Grubbs are also possibilities to take the RG spot.

who knows, we might pick up Steinbach too..

Odds are looking like CB/RB/LB for our 1st rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by LBoogy View Post
    Chester will be center, and he'll be a big time center at that. He's got the athleticism, strength, and intelligence to be a top-notch center.

I'd worry more about drafting an OG high, but there's a good chance the coaching staff is happy with starting Vincent. Who knows, though.

If Justin Blalock falls in the first, the Ravens may be tempted to take him. I think Aaron Sears and Ben Grubbs are also possibilities to take the RG spot.
    All signs point to the team cutting Vincent with Mulitalo and Flynn serving in backup roles. Flynn and Mule will have their deals restructured. I agree that Chester will be a killer center with Jason Brown remaining at LG. RG could go to a draft pick or a FA signing like Steinbach.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!