Blog Entries

Re: Cap and Trade Day

Hey Galen, give this a read:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124588837560750781.html

oh, and um, I'm just gonna put this here:

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    Here's to doing what's right.
    Regressive taxes at it's finest. Take from the poor and give to the rich(Al Gore)! woohoo.

That is ALL that is going on here. This has nothing to do with the environment and our non-warming climate. I think the new term soon to come out will be Global Moistening. It sure has rained a lot lately. But it's been sunny a couple of days in a row, when is the global drought coming?

Not the first time I have posted this link, but here it is again.

http://greenhellblog.com/2009/06/02/...rade-software/

This is all Cap and trade is about.
    Oh yeah, and it's all about CO2 emmissions, which is FAR, FAR, FAR from proven to have any causative link whatsoever with the climate changing.

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Hey Galen, give this a read:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124588837560750781.html
    oh, and um, I'm just gonna put this here:

a couple keys points to your link:

1. Wall Street Opinion Journal ....that is quoting,
    2. Heritage Foundation - Otherwise Exxon and Big Oil

3. When you can't talk about issues that promote better environmental strategies and the incentivising of clean energy w/o an Al Gore reference you really show your lack of sophistication around the issue.

In truth, the CBO reports that:

"Congressional Budget Office analysis had determined that--despite what Republicans have been alleging for weeks--the Waxman-Markey climate change bill will have only a modest financial impact on American households."

and,

"The CBO report found that households in the highest income quintile will likely see a net cost increase of $245 per year as a result of the Waxman-Markey bill"

So in essence, the highest strain on the wealthiest of households will be about $20 a month. Average households about $10 a month. Small price to pay for incentivising the inevitable cleaner energy of the future.

Keep believing groups like Heritage and be a zombie for Exxon. Windfall profits for big oil, $4.00 a gallon and screw the environment! That is impressive thinking for sure. Truly an independent thinker.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    a couple keys points to your link:

1. Wall Street Opinion Journal ....that is quoting,
    2. Heritage Foundation - Otherwise Exxon and Big Oil

3. When you can't talk about issues that promote better environmental strategies and the incentivising of clean energy w/o an Al Gore reference you really show your lack of sophistication around the issue.
    You can't see a joke when it smacks you in the face, can you?

This will, quite simply, hurt the people the Democrats supposedly want to help: the poor and underprivileged. We have no viable alternative at this point and won't have anything in the near future that provides enough energy to sustain current energy needs. Its pretty sad when Greenpeace shits on it.

Honestly, at this point I'd like to see more Nuclear power plants put into service. Its clean and provides the output needed for our ever increasing power needs and would actually provide the jobs that this bill is supposed to provide.

Don't be surprised by NASA and US Gov't going to the moon again either, as moon rock is an excellent energy source:

http://www.energybulletin.net/node/192

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26179944/

TRap, he's not trying to ruin the economy he is simply trying to lighten the load for the average person. You see, according to him, the thing that most Americans biggest problem is that they have too much wealth right now accumulated in savings, income and assets, and well, Mr Obama would like to liberate those items to lessen the burden on the average man.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    TRap, he's not trying to ruin the economy he is simply trying to lighten the load for the average person. You see, according to Him, the thing that most Americans biggest problem is that they have too much wealth right now accumulated in savings, income and assets, and well, Mr Obama would like to liberate those items to lessen the burden on the average man.

Fixed it for you and don't let it happen again!

;)

Sorry allergic to shellfish, anaphalactyc shock or however it's spelled isn't fun.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Sorry allergic to shellfish, anaphalactyc shock or however it's spelled isn't fun.
    My brother in law has the same thing. Too bad yall cant enjoy those tasty blue crabs.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    My brother in law has the same thing. Too bad yall cant enjoy those tasty blue crabs.
    I've had a little piece, tasted like Old bay. I like old bay on my fries.