Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: KRUGER...sounds like he Answer for the Ravens to Dominate the AFC EAST.

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    Film Study - Good point but a bust is a bust is a bust - regardless of injury.
    Let's put this another way: I don't care why Cody wasn't on the field either, but his contribution to the organization was close to 0. Edwards contribution to the organization has been negative. IMO, his play has been below the replacement level.

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    Let's put this another way: I don't care why Cody wasn't on the field either, but his contribution to the organization was close to 0. Edwards contribution to the organization has been negative. IMO, his play has been below the replacement level.
    I do not think Edwards has been all that terrible at all. He is one of the slowest guys out of his stance I ave ever seen. I am not sure what is up with that, but when he does come off the ball he tends to hold his ground or get a push, and is solid sliding down the line in suport and pursuit. He is also a strong tackler and big body in the rotation who plays with decent leverage and hands. He should not be out there on 3rd down until he learns how to come off the ball on the snap, but the guy is a legit DT and servicable 3-4 DE.

It took til 2007 but he proved he can play a bit. Dude got 41 tackles a sack and a pick. His sack came because he was so slow off the line the C and G both split to block other guys and he had a free 3 step to the Qb, but he made a lot of hustle plays stopping the run in 2007 when that was all we could do.

http://www.nfl.com/players/dwanedwar...e?id=EDW667014

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    Good point but a bust is a bust is a bust - regardless of injury.
    Disagree. A guy who can't play his way into the rotation, who isn't good enough to justify his drafted position, represents a mistake by the organization. A guy who actually can play, but whose career is cut short due to injury, is just bad luck.

I guess I agree that the end result to the team is the same: you still need to add talent at that position, because you're not getting production. But if the guy wasn't a mistake, then you can trust the organization to go find someone else. If the guy was a mistake, then the organization needs to rethink things, change what they're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    To this day this pick continues to baffle and haunt me. I remember it really well cause I was playing poker in a local NL $500 game. We were on the clock and I was involved in a massive hand where a guy picked off my bluff cause I was paying more attention to the tv than I was to the hand and he thought that was a tell. He said after realizing I was a Ravens fan that if he'd have known that, he wouldn't have called my bet. Oh well.

Still, we announced that pick and I said "WTF?" I thought, well maybe he'll turn out to be a surprise...maybe I just don't know the guy. So much for that. I sorta wonder if someone in the Ravens organization got fired because they put the wrong name on the card or something...

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Disagree. A guy who can't play his way into the rotation, who isn't good enough to justify his drafted position, represents a mistake by the organization. A guy who actually can play, but whose career is cut short due to injury, is just bad luck.

I guess I agree that the end result to the team is the same: you still need to add talent at that position, because you're not getting production. But if the guy wasn't a mistake, then you can trust the organization to go find someone else. If the guy was a mistake, then the organization needs to rethink things, change what they're doing.
    Agreed. I've always looked at it that way as well.

A true bust IMO is a player who simply isn't good enough and the FO made a mistake.

A guy like Cody - well, we'll never know - but his injuries were not something they could have foreseen.

The end result is the same, but when evaluating the pick itself, I don't fault the FO or scouts because bad luck isn't something that can be judged ahead of time.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Hoping he can be either a great pure DE to replace Trevor Pryce in a minute or a hybrid to replace Suggs if we can't get him into a long term deal...