Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 58
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    8,266

    Re: Conservative trashed DHS report now looking pretty accurate



    Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    Dade, whatever you are smoking, we all need some.

    Affirmative action is as liberal as it gets. Blacks feel they are owed it since they come from slavery. Everyone of them wants it. They demand it. Its really their only way out of the ghetto. As one black told me, the only way out is thru sports or the military or death.
    Well here is one black that doesn't want affirmative action!

    Didn't we just talk about this... not lumping the few in with the many. Short memory there buddy.

    I don't feel anything is owed to me because of what happened to my ancestors. I have worked hard for everything that I have and I haven't gotten any hand me outs. And I'm damn proud of it.

    Going by your standard Trap I'm a dumb black liberal that will vote dem everytime even he they make my life worse.

    For the record I'm a registered independent, with mostly conservated values that voted for McCain.

    All I was saying was that you cant say a blanket statement like all black people are liberal therefore liberals are the cause of crime.

    I dont like blankete statements. Its unfair to label huge groups of people.

    I am sorry if affirmative action has affected your life negatively. I dont like it. But I understand why at the time it was started. Whether you like to admit it or not the "ole boys" club is alive and well, even in the military.




  2. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    8,266

    Re: Conservative trashed DHS report now looking pretty accurate

    Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post

    What did Affirmative Action have to do with a religious rally for God?
    I didn't get off topic with this you did, so you tell me.

    I wasn't there, can't tell you what those people were thinking.




  3. #18
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    8,266

    Re: Conservative trashed DHS report now looking pretty accurate

    Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    I worked 8 years for a job in my office and it went to a minority because of affirmative action. I had two degrees in the field and 8 years experience but because the secretary had a couple of night school courses, that qualified her under affirmative action.
    Do you know for a fact that is was an AA hire. Did the employer tell you as such? Do you know that were her only quailifications, "a couple of night courses". This is one reason I'm against AA. Every time a minority is hired/promoted over a white person its almost always assumed to be an AA. It takes away all legimaticy from someone who may have deserved it.




  4. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    8,266

    Re: Conservative trashed DHS report now looking pretty accurate

    Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    Dont be so sensitive about the affir action remarks.
    Sorry but its one topic that gets under my skin a little.




  5. #20
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    8,266

    Re: Conservative trashed DHS report now looking pretty accurate

    I get you.

    Like I said I dont think all blacks are liberal. Maybe thats because I'm not liberal. LOL.

    Look I try and stay away from labels. Liberal, conservative, etc.

    My Grandma told me once, "Never let anyone put a label on you, once they do they own you."




  6. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    8,266

    Re: Conservative trashed DHS report now looking pretty accurate

    Anytime. My drink is Belgium White Ale!




  7. #22
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: Conservative trashed DHS report now looking pretty accurate

    Why on Earth would I want to go to a place like that?
    I guess people travel the world and put up with the hardships of travel because they are curious about what goes on outside of their own country. As Chris Matthews said in comparing "W" to Obama, "W" was a guy that was content to sit at his ranch in Texas and could care less about the world while Obama is a guy that is curious and will go abroad at any opportunity.

    You are embarrassed to be called american on your many journeys in third world countries. If that doesn't show disdain for American, I'm not sure what would.
    It's not embarrassment...its safety. Again as I have asked others on this board who are critical of that very common approach, tell me your stories...tell me how you do it differently. Usually that is left unresponded to which leads me to believe that those individuals lack travel experience outside of Europe or else they would undertand pretty clearly that waving Old Glory is some parts of the world isn't too prudent. That being said, it was different this spring in Africa where not only were the locals curious about Obama but other western travelers were very enthusiatic to talk about Obama and how unhinged they saw the extreme right.

    Your argument falls far short of me having "severe hatred" for america. In fact, i would suggest that my experiences have given me a broader perspective on the U.S. than you and being that I still live here, might even suggest that I have greater appreciation for my country than you.




  8. #23
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: Conservative trashed DHS report now looking pretty accurate

    You were the only poster with a Palin white trash thread and you constantly harped on that.

    I just mentioned Palin again rising and you said she wasnt electable because she was stupid.

    You gloated over the Couric interview. You were and still are constantly obsessed with Palin. None of the other liberals are.
    That doesn't mean I hate white women! It means I hate Palin. By the way, since it is such a point here with all you quasi racists. My mom is white/american born. She met my dad while on an archeological dig in eastern turkey. Its a long story.


    I traveled abroad probably earlier than anyone in this forum except you but have you been in every country in Europe.
    I traveled in Europe for 6 months back in 1986. In fact, I hitch-hiked out of what was then West Berlin across communist E. Germany only to be dropped off halfway across E. Germany because the guys driving me were shooting heroin and I thought my chances at survival were better standing alone with a U.S. passport in communist E. Germany on the side of a road than being in a car driving with guys high on heroin driving 90 mph on the autobahn. Luckily I was picked up and driven across to W. Germany w/o issue.


    I even took a church missionary trip to Equador to visit Frank Drown who was a missionary who saved thousands of indians in the mountains. That was also in the 70s.
    I haven't met many indigenous andean people who were saved by missionaries. More likely, their culture and religious beliefs were contaminated by some fundamental christain perspective originally derived from snake handlers from Tennessee.




  9. #24

    Re: Conservative trashed DHS report now looking pretty accurate

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    I guess people travel the world and put up with the hardships of travel because they are curious about what goes on outside of their own country. As Chris Matthews said in comparing "W" to Obama, "W" was a guy that was content to sit at his ranch in Texas and could care less about the world while Obama is a guy that is curious and will go abroad at any opportunity.



    It's not embarrassment...its safety. Again as I have asked others on this board who are critical of that very common approach, tell me your stories...tell me how you do it differently. Usually that is left unresponded to which leads me to believe that those individuals lack travel experience outside of Europe or else they would undertand pretty clearly that waving Old Glory is some parts of the world isn't too prudent. That being said, it was different this spring in Africa where not only were the locals curious about Obama but other western travelers were very enthusiatic to talk about Obama and how unhinged they saw the extreme right.

    Your argument falls far short of me having "severe hatred" for america. In fact, i would suggest that my experiences have given me a broader perspective on the U.S. than you and being that I still live here, might even suggest that I have greater appreciation for my country than you.
    So you are more American then me, becuase you consistantly travel to places we are not friendly? Becauase you have to go to Bolivia where the richest man in town gets to eat one crappy meal a day to feel better about living in US?
    If I'm going to be that close to death for fun, I would be climbing Everest or K2 or the like...
    If I'm travelling half way accross the world I'm going to Austrailia or New Zealand... Because I choose not to go to third world countries, I'm not American. Damn, I don't get that one.
    Being content staying in ones country doesn't seem un-American to me. BEing more interested in the rest of the world then your own home country(yourself and Obama) seems more un-American to me. I wonder if Obama pretends to be Canadian overseas... My father was born in Canada, and my name is wholly french Canadian, and I travel as American everywhere I go....




  10. #25
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: Conservative trashed DHS report now looking pretty accurate

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    So you are more American then me, becuase you consistantly travel to places we are not friendly? Becauase you have to go to Bolivia where the richest man in town gets to eat one crappy meal a day to feel better about living in US?
    If I'm going to be that close to death for fun, I would be climbing Everest or K2 or the like...
    If I'm travelling half way accross the world I'm going to Austrailia or New Zealand... Because I choose not to go to third world countries, I'm not American. Damn, I don't get that one.
    Being content staying in ones country doesn't seem un-American to me. BEing more interested in the rest of the world then your own home country(yourself and Obama) seems more un-American to me. I wonder if Obama pretends to be Canadian overseas... My father was born in Canada, and my name is wholly french Canadian, and I travel as American everywhere I go....
    where did I ever say i was "more american" than you? You and Trap need to stop trying to prove everyone else so wrong and actually take the time to read a post accurately. i said, and I think the idea could be easily substantiated, that if one travels outside of their country they could develop a better appreciation for their country than someone who doesn't leave their country. You reply is some shoot from the hip, "So you are more american than me" read the post before making such silly statements.

    by the way it would cost about 75 grand to climb everest currently. K2? Ok...you adventurer you! i think there has been less than a dozen americans to summit K2...probably less than half a dozen. what's the highest altitude you have been? and where have you been where you "travel as an american everywhere" Trap has some good stories. I am impressed until he starts complaining about the McDonalds being different. His adventureous spirit loses its steam at that point.

    Its easy to get on here at act all hard and what not but if the furthest you have been from home is Ocean City its kind of hard to believe that you would be so brazen abroad.




  11. #26

    Re: Conservative trashed DHS report now looking pretty accurate

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    where did I ever say i was "more american" than you? You and Trap need to stop trying to prove everyone else so wrong and actually take the time to read a post accurately. i said, and I think the idea could be easily substantiated, that if one travels outside of their country they could develop a better appreciation for their country than someone who doesn't leave their country. You reply is some shoot from the hip, "So you are more american than me" read the post before making such silly statements.

    by the way it would cost about 75 grand to climb everest currently. K2? Ok...you adventurer you! i think there has been less than a dozen americans to summit K2...probably less than half a dozen. what's the highest altitude you have been? and where have you been where you "travel as an american everywhere" Trap has some good stories. I am impressed until he starts complaining about the McDonalds being different. His adventureous spirit loses its steam at that point.

    Its easy to get on here at act all hard and what not but if the furthest you have been from home is Ocean City its kind of hard to believe that you would be so brazen abroad.
    k2= joke... I've never been above about 8k feet roughly, snowboarding out west.

    I'll rephrase it for you.

    I see absolutely NOTHING interesting about third world countries. I have no plans whatsever in the worst areas in the world.
    You are so correct o wise one, I have never been anywhere scary to be as an American. Funny me, I thought that was smart. The most dangerous place I have been is Edmonson Village. Where I have been, the people are sucking at the Amewrican tourist teet. I have been out of the country hundreds of times(mostly to our northern neighbor, but have never left the NW quadrant. I ddin't say I've been evereywhere.
    I would be so Brazen because I would plan ahead and be where I should be.




  12. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: Conservative trashed DHS report now looking pretty accurate

    Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post

    BTW Galen - Did you write this about Palin? It sure is something youd say and I think this is your blog - the radical left.
    no that's not me...they were too kind to her in that blog. I didn't see where they accurately described her as a:

    "cheatin' wife, mother of a oxycontin snortin' drug addict son, mother of a daughter who was knocked up at age 16, community college drop out, white trash trailer park caribou-barbie who hasn't read anything more than Reader's Digest"

    That is how my blog describes her.




  13. #28
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: Conservative trashed DHS report now looking pretty accurate

    Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    LOL - Cheaten wife - that was before she got saved Galen.

    You are seeing too many fake pics of her. Click on link and scroll down to McCain on top of her. Its a fake Galen.

    http://www.celebroundup.com/category/sarah-palin/

    There are too many fakes of her. BTW, she is the most photo searched politician on the internet.
    she needs more saving! She is now the most searched politician on the net since the conservsatives all finally figured out that Annie Coultergeist is a shemale.




  14. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: Conservative trashed DHS report now looking pretty accurate

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I would be so Brazen because I would plan ahead and be where I should be.
    that's fine but falls far short of saying I have severe hatred for america because I like 3rd world travel AND try to keep my passport upside down. That's my only point. conservatives tend to be very generous with their dishing out of "anti-american" labels.




  15. #30

    Re: Conservative trashed DHS report now looking pretty accurate

    Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    that's fine but falls far short of saying I have severe hatred for america because I like 3rd world travel AND try to keep my passport upside down. That's my only point. conservatives tend to be very generous with their dishing out of "anti-american" labels.
    Except that your disdain should be for those that hate American's. since, well you are one. Instead you lvoe these people, and wonder what they think of Us... American makes the world a better place moreso then any nation in the world. If other countries don't see that, fuck 'em, they are not getting my tourism dollars...




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland