Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: Conservative trashed DHS report now looking pretty accurate

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    So you are more American then me, becuase you consistantly travel to places we are not friendly? Becauase you have to go to Bolivia where the richest man in town gets to eat one crappy meal a day to feel better about living in US?
    If I'm going to be that close to death for fun, I would be climbing Everest or K2 or the like...
    If I'm travelling half way accross the world I'm going to Austrailia or New Zealand... Because I choose not to go to third world countries, I'm not American. Damn, I don't get that one.
    Being content staying in ones country doesn't seem un-American to me. BEing more interested in the rest of the world then your own home country(yourself and Obama) seems more un-American to me. I wonder if Obama pretends to be Canadian overseas... My father was born in Canada, and my name is wholly french Canadian, and I travel as American everywhere I go....
    where did I ever say i was "more american" than you? You and Trap need to stop trying to prove everyone else so wrong and actually take the time to read a post accurately. i said, and I think the idea could be easily substantiated, that if one travels outside of their country they could develop a better appreciation for their country than someone who doesn't leave their country. You reply is some shoot from the hip, "So you are more american than me" read the post before making such silly statements.

by the way it would cost about 75 grand to climb everest currently. K2? Ok...you adventurer you! i think there has been less than a dozen americans to summit K2...probably less than half a dozen. what's the highest altitude you have been? and where have you been where you "travel as an american everywhere" Trap has some good stories. I am impressed until he starts complaining about the McDonalds being different. His adventureous spirit loses its steam at that point. ;)

Its easy to get on here at act all hard and what not but if the furthest you have been from home is Ocean City its kind of hard to believe that you would be so brazen abroad.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    where did I ever say i was "more american" than you? You and Trap need to stop trying to prove everyone else so wrong and actually take the time to read a post accurately. i said, and I think the idea could be easily substantiated, that if one travels outside of their country they could develop a better appreciation for their country than someone who doesn't leave their country. You reply is some shoot from the hip, "So you are more american than me" read the post before making such silly statements.

by the way it would cost about 75 grand to climb everest currently. K2? Ok...you adventurer you! i think there has been less than a dozen americans to summit K2...probably less than half a dozen. what's the highest altitude you have been? and where have you been where you "travel as an american everywhere" Trap has some good stories. I am impressed until he starts complaining about the McDonalds being different. His adventureous spirit loses its steam at that point. ;)

Its easy to get on here at act all hard and what not but if the furthest you have been from home is Ocean City its kind of hard to believe that you would be so brazen abroad.
    k2= joke... I've never been above about 8k feet roughly, snowboarding out west.

I'll rephrase it for you.

I see absolutely NOTHING interesting about third world countries. I have no plans whatsever in the worst areas in the world.
    You are so correct o wise one, I have never been anywhere scary to be as an American. Funny me, I thought that was smart. The most dangerous place I have been is Edmonson Village. Where I have been, the people are sucking at the Amewrican tourist teet. I have been out of the country hundreds of times(mostly to our northern neighbor, but have never left the NW quadrant. I ddin't say I've been evereywhere.
    I would be so Brazen because I would plan ahead and be where I should be.

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post

BTW Galen - Did you write this about Palin? It sure is something youd say and I think this is your blog - the radical left.:grbac:
    no that's not me...they were too kind to her in that blog. I didn't see where they accurately described her as a:

"cheatin' wife, mother of a oxycontin snortin' drug addict son, mother of a daughter who was knocked up at age 16, community college drop out, white trash trailer park caribou-barbie who hasn't read anything more than Reader's Digest"

That is how my blog describes her.:happyanim

LOL - Cheaten wife - that was before she got saved Galen.

You are seeing too many fake pics of her. Click on link and scroll down to McCain on top of her. Its a fake Galen.

http://www.celebroundup.com/category/sarah-palin/

There are too many fakes of her. BTW, she is the most photo searched politician on the internet.
    she needs more saving! She is now the most searched politician on the net since the conservsatives all finally figured out that Annie Coultergeist is a shemale. :hammer:

I would be so Brazen because I would plan ahead and be where I should be.
    that's fine but falls far short of saying I have severe hatred for america because I like 3rd world travel AND try to keep my passport upside down. That's my only point. conservatives tend to be very generous with their dishing out of "anti-american" labels.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    that's fine but falls far short of saying I have severe hatred for america because I like 3rd world travel AND try to keep my passport upside down. That's my only point. conservatives tend to be very generous with their dishing out of "anti-american" labels.
    Except that your disdain should be for those that hate American's. since, well you are one. Instead you lvoe these people, and wonder what they think of Us... American makes the world a better place moreso then any nation in the world. If other countries don't see that, fuck 'em, they are not getting my tourism dollars...

Except that your disdain should be for those that hate American's. since, well you are one. Instead you lvoe these people, and wonder what they think of Us... American makes the world a better place moreso then any nation in the world. If other countries don't see that, fuck 'em, they are not getting my tourism dollars...
    That may be true but how do we expect to defeat terrorism if we dont know how terrorist think. The first rule in war is to know thy enemy.

Whether you think so or not other people's opinoin of America does matter. Negative opinions only hinder America's role as defender of democracy.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Here's a little know fact about water boarding. The CIA have been water boarding and using other enhanced interrogation techniques for 50 years now. The Bush administration were the first to document such acts. A stupid move IMO.

Of course the public would flip if/when they heard about water boarding. Myself am a little uncomfortable with it. Althrough the SEALS, DELTA and combat controllers go through it as part of their training.

I'm a little split on this issue. I dont like the claim that now the terrorist know what to expect and therefore interrogations wont work. Everyone knows the US doesn't torture, we dont kill POWs.

IMO the best intel comes from covert agents in the field. That tactic has proven hundred times over to provide reliable, credible intel. That is why covert operations take a huge chunk of the federal budget.

I had a long talk with my first shirt a couple of weeks ago about this. He used to be a SERE instructor. He told me he wouldn't rely on any info gain during water boarding. As a SERE instructor he would water board the trainees. He said they got them to say anything they wanted. The point of the training was to see every man's breaking point. Once you reach that point your say anything and everything.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

can't remember ever saying that I "love these people" who hate americans. seriously Jonboy, you make up more stuff on these boards then you talk facts.

GALEN - She is the most PHOTO SEARCHED politician on the net. Thats because she is hot. Even most DEMs admit that. Even Michelle baby said she was cute.

Thanks for proving my point that you hate white women. You hate Coulter too.

Once saved you are always saved.
    but I love Contessa Brewer and Angelina Jolie. Hmmm so what should we think now Trap? Hard to hate white women and love Contessa and Angelina. hmmm...maybe I just dislike stooopid and loooooud women? White, black and purple...add men to that as well when they are stooopid and louuuuud a well.

You may well be the most naive person on earth.... you and most other Americans. Deep breath here!
    Let me start by saying that I am proud to be an American. I am also thankful to be an American.... But...
    We do good for others when it benefits us... almost exclusively. I can list at least 20 instances when our do-gooding(meddling) did more harm than good. Start with Afghanistan... There would have been no 911(probably) if we had completed our mission there. We(prodded by Sen Wilson) gave them aid when the Soviets were trying to take over there because they wanted direct access to the Black sea.. it was a valiant and grand act......until the Soviet Union collapsed. Then we withdrew, leaving the country with no government, thousands of rounds of ammo, explosive devices and just generally abandoned them. Mr. Wilson pleaded with Congress to aid them in the rebuilding of their country, but we felt no need to... Our objective was to stymie the Soviets, not to help the Afghans... we couldn't have cared less about them!. We were ONLY concerned about the spread of Communism... not the welfare of the Afghans. Subsequently, the Taliban took control of the country, and welcomed with open arms Bin Laden and his Al Quaida and 911 was conceived, developed, and deployed. This is absolute fact, and cannot be denied.
    In a similar scenario, we backed the crooked regime of the Shah of Iran, because he was our "friend". No matter that he was a thief, liar, and stole wealth from the people of Iran like a bandit in the night. When he was overthrown, we then turned to Saddam in Iraq to be our ally against Iran, taking advantage of the long standing fued between the two countries. WE built up Saddam's army, sold him weapons of all kinds, including aircraft, missles, the works. Then when he assailed the Kurds... with massive gas attacks, killing thousands, and the rest of the world urged sanctions against him for these aggregious acts, who stopped that effort? Ronald Reagan. He twisted arms and bent ears until all advocaters of sanctions were silenced... As Rush said in 1988.... So now the bleeding heart liberals want to crucify Saddam for gassing a few Kurds... liberal hate speech, I tell you, plain and simple. (Of course, many years later, that was one of the reasons he advocated ousting Saddam... what a ... you fill in the blank here... what DO you call a jackass who changes with the wind.. just to make a few million or so?... oh, yeah Rush Limbaugh).. So, all we did was set up Saddam to be a powerful foe... because it was in OUR interest... there was NO OTHER REASON!. You know the rest of the story(Paul Harvey).
    How about Noriega?
    How about Haiti?
    How many of you know that Ho Chi Minh sought help from Pres. Wilson post WWI to be free from the oppression of the (French?, I think it was,) but we ignored their plea, and he turned to the Soviets for help.... There was no benefit to us to help them right?.... whoa, that turned out good didn't it.
    The list goes on.
    And on...
    And most of it a result of our obsession with eradicating communism.
    The people who hate us are considered by uninformed Americans to be jealous... but that's only part of the equation. Since WWII, we have been meddling all over the world. The CIA was originally created to perform covert operations only... We toppled governments in a dozen or so countries... because it was good for US, not them.
    If you don't know this to be so, then you are uninformed, by the American form of propoganda.... Publicize the good deeds, hide the dirt. That's been our policy for too long
    The trouble is.... the rest of the world does not hear our version... They hear the facts... and quite possibly, hear it even worse than it may have been.
    That said, we now have a unique oppurtunity to begin to turn it around, and it HAS to start with acknowledgementof past failures and a promise to be globally concious instead of America first, last and always , and the rest of you, be damned!
    We may well be the greatest country on earth(once again), but the rest of the world matters, too......IMO

LOL - You found 2 white girls, big deal. Just 2? Thats like saying I never met a white female I didnt like.
    Trap you fall for the bait everytime and subsequently show the illogical nature of your original premise. The sadder thing is that you probably won't even understand what I just did to you and will keep doing it over an over again.