That 2003 Draft Was An Overall Stinker

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...orts-headlines

Just looking at the players that were cut, that has to be a horrible draft. We did well with at least one of our first round picks (Suggs) and with our 3rd round pick (Musa Smith). While Boller is a disappoinement as a starter, he could have a career in the NFL as a backup.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Re: That 2003 Draft Was An Overall Stinker

Our draft wasn't so bad. Most of our picks are still with us. A couple starting in addition to Suggs, Pashos will start and Mughelli as well (though due to injury). Jarrett Johnson is a valuable backup and Sapp is a special teams ace.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

Quote Originally Posted by RavenFanatic2k6
    Our draft wasn't so bad. Most of our picks are still with us. A couple starting in addition to Suggs, Pashos will start and Mughelli as well (though due to injury). Jarrett Johnson is a valuable backup and Sapp is a special teams ace.

Exactly, and just to clarify, I am talking with the draft as a whole and not our specific draft.

Our 2003 draft is probably one of the top three, if not the best, of any specific team's draft.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

The worst draft of the Ravens existence

Lack of execution didn't get us Leftwich

Not sure that we needed to trade up to get Kyle Boller and wasted a second ; while I think Kyle will continue to blossom (ala Matt Hasselback if treated right), it was the FO not Kyle who made spent 2 picks for him

Dwan Edwards / Devard Darling may make the team but aren't real starters

At least we can be thankful that this is a rarity; if we were Cleveland we'd have to be dealing with this every year

1998 will always be the worst draft in Ravens history (hopefully anyway). 2003's doesn't even come close.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz
    We did well with at least one of our first round picks (Suggs) and with our 3rd round pick (Musa Smith). While Boller is a disappoinement as a starter, he could have a career in the NFL as a backup.

Was this a serious post? Boller who started 34 games for our team is a disapointment,but Musa smith who has 2 career touchdowns, under a hundred CAREER rushing yards and a couple of catches and a fumble. When reviewing our fourth to last draft, THIS preseason is NOT a good indicator of the success of a pick. I agree he may turn into something great but to hearald him at a success at this point is lunacy, no offense.

And, BTW to whomever is STILL complaining about the Leftwich trade has not seen him play. The guy is and has beenworse then Boller with less potential, we would not have a successful franchise if we had drafed him.
    Last edited by jonboy79; 09-03-2006 at 02:57 PM.

I am glad we did not get leftwich though he may perform better with a better team around him. I think he will be seriously injured enough to jeopardize his career.

The fact is that Minnesota screwed up that trade , not us.

The year before or after Minn also screwed up a draft pick.

Laughing out loud. Don't let a Browns fan see this reaction. I don't think Ravens fans know just how spoiled they are. Some teams would KILL just to hit on their first rounder.
    ERIG20, your local draftnik

Signature currently under construction