Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Results 76 to 89 of 89
  1. #76
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    USRaven
    Posts
    151

    Re: 2009 Baltimore Trip Part II



    I am 20 paces south of you. We are just on the other side of that building- we back our vehicles up to Ostend St between Sharpe St and Peach St.




  2. #77

    Re: 2009 Baltimore Trip Part II

    Hey guys, any word on the Terps kick off time? Will I jus wait and buy tickets outside the ground or is someone looking to get a few of them?

    Thanks for all the maps and directions etc - can't believe its only a month away




  3. #78

    Re: 2009 Baltimore Trip Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by Irishraven View Post
    Hey guys, any word on the Terps kick off time? Will I jus wait and buy tickets outside the ground or is someone looking to get a few of them?

    Thanks for all the maps and directions etc - can't believe its only a month away
    Me neither, I am so freaking excited!




  4. #79
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    USRaven
    Posts
    151

    Re: 2009 Baltimore Trip Part II

    I am working on getting us 5 Terps tickets- Dave, Gordon, Irish (2) and myself. I still don't see where they have confirmed the kickoff time.

    If all else fails on the Terps tickets (freebies) I will resort to one of the websites and get 5 together (at a reasonable price). I think Irish said less than $60 would work. I will check with everyone before I make the purchase.

    Ravens game---looks like we are all within a block of each other. SWEETTTTT!






  5. #80

    Re: 2009 Baltimore Trip Part II

    Great work! Sure let me know, i'm easy either way!

    This day 4 weeks and i'll be flying to DC from Dublin - its just so damn exciting!!!




  6. #81
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    USRaven
    Posts
    151

    Re: 2009 Baltimore Trip Part II

    Some bad news about your trip Dave:
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...,6920729.story

    'Ride The Ducks' tour business ends Baltimore operation
    Company focusing investment in other cities; 29 workers to receive severance

    "Ride The Ducks" amphibious sightseeing rides ceased in Baltimore as of Tuesday so the company that operates the tours can concentrate its investments in other cities, an official said Wednesday.




    We will have to find something else for you to do.

    No luck on getting free Terps tickets yet. Still no game time announcement either.




  7. #82
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Huddersfield, England
    Posts
    973

    Re: 2009 Baltimore Trip Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by TOEMAN View Post
    Some bad news about your trip Dave:
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/mar...,6920729.story

    'Ride The Ducks' tour business ends Baltimore operation
    Company focusing investment in other cities; 29 workers to receive severance

    "Ride The Ducks" amphibious sightseeing rides ceased in Baltimore as of Tuesday so the company that operates the tours can concentrate its investments in other cities, an official said Wednesday.




    We will have to find something else for you to do.

    No luck on getting free Terps tickets yet. Still no game time announcement either.
    Would free Towson tickets be easier?




  8. #83

    Re: 2009 Baltimore Trip Part II

    Hey guys, 2 weeks and counting! Watched the Steelers game last night, was very impressed with them but it was only game one so wait and see I guess...

    I know there is a ravens merch stand near the tailgating plot but does anyone know of a shop in DC where I can pick something up for the other half? She really wants to have something before we head over that morning - i've had a look on google maps etc and can't seem to find anything close by...

    Can't believe there is still no time for the Terps game!!!




  9. #84
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Norwich, England
    Posts
    2,093

    Re: 2009 Baltimore Trip Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by Irishraven View Post
    Can't believe there is still no time for the Terps game!!!
    With the Terps & Scarlet Knights both taking hefty defeats last weekend I struggle to see that it won't be a midday kickoff.




  10. #85
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    USRaven
    Posts
    151

    Re: 2009 Baltimore Trip Part II

    Ravens Gear-
    which airport are you flying into--BWI or and an actual DC airport? BWI will have gear for you.

    Game Day- you will be tailgating right next to Dan the T Shirt man.

    Modells
    1518 Benning Road
    Washington, DC 20002
    (202) 399-6583
    This is east of downtown DC--15 minute cab ride but I would call and verify they have Purple since you will be in Redskin country.




  11. #86

    Wink Re: 2009 Baltimore Trip Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by Irishraven View Post
    Hey guys, any word on the Terps kick off time?
    I just heard on TV that the Maryland-Rutgers game will have a 3:30 pm kickoff. (It will not be televised.) Enjoy!

    (Since Navy-W. Kentucky will also have a 3:30 k/o, I will have to abandon my plans for a weekend trifecta of Maryland football).

    Quote Originally Posted by Irishraven View Post
    does anyone know of a shop in DC where I can pick something up for the other half?
    In the Nation's Crime Capital? Doubtful that you'd find anything there. Or anywhere else in Metro DC (Maryland inside the Beltway, or in Virginia). Not that I shop, or go to Metro DC often, but I can't recall ever seeing Ravens wear in stores from the days that I used to work in/around DC.

    Some places in Prince George's County outside the Beltway carry Ravens gear, but not recommended unless you come armed to defend yourselves!
    Last edited by Mista T; 09-14-2009 at 06:35 PM.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).




  12. #87

    Re: 2009 Baltimore Trip Part II

    Thanking you very much :0)

    Great, 3:30pm works much better! - I think the DC tour begins at 9am and lasts for 2 hours! Can just get off at Union Station and head from there to College Park!

    Its not too long now, damn am I excited!

    Lads who are bringing flags, are you putting anything on them? I reckon it will just be for photos while tailgating, can't imagine the Ravens fans in the ground being too impressed if we were to wave them during the game!




  13. #88
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Norwich, England
    Posts
    2,093

    Re: 2009 Baltimore Trip Part II

    Quote Originally Posted by Irishraven View Post
    Thanking you very much :0)

    Great, 3:30pm works much better! - I think the DC tour begins at 9am and lasts for 2 hours! Can just get off at Union Station and head from there to College Park!

    Its not too long now, damn am I excited!

    Lads who are bringing flags, are you putting anything on them? I reckon it will just be for photos while tailgating, can't imagine the Ravens fans in the ground being too impressed if we were to wave them during the game!
    Paul draped his flag over the covering of one of the tunnels at the corner of the endzone when we were there 3 years ago. I think that lasted for about 10 minutes before stadium security asked him to take it off, though I've got the game on DVD and you can make it out a time or two on film if memory serves.




  14. #89
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Huddersfield, England
    Posts
    973

    Re: 2009 Baltimore Trip Part II

    Guys, i'm going to kill off this tread and start a new one as it's getting too long. I will pick up on a couple of points right away.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland