Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: YaGONE Figurs?

Re: YaGONE Figurs?

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    There is just no room on the roster for Figurs,he might as well pack his bags now.

The additions of Carr and Webb were the final nails in the coffin for him and if he wasn't already viewed as expendable he sure as hell is now.
    Even if that is true that is no way to live. He should be thinking he has a chance to be a hall of fame player, and putting in the work in the off seasons that Jerry Rice did and Ray Lewis does, not packing his bags and thinking about getting a real job.

Anything can happen, even if the odds are against it at this point. Plenty of guys came in and did next to nothing good in the first 3 years and went on to have great numbers. Maybe no one that looked as shook as Figurs did at times last year, but as a rookie he did show something other than he fumbles too much.

He had better K and P R avg than Mason did in his first couple years. It was year 3 that Mason emerged as a force on special teams, when he may have got a little bigger and stronger. If Figurs can get 10 punds bigger up to @190, he should be a lot more effective, and have less reason to be afraid of contact, and maybe even be able to get through an arm tackle or two.

http://www.nfl.com/players/derrickma...s?id=MAS078652
    Mason has the same # of TDs in his first 2 years, same fumbles and less avg on his return numbers.
    http://www.nfl.com/players/yamonfigu...s?id=FIG715551

I think you have to give Figurs a fair shake and a fresh look this year at camp, but he does begin on the bubble.

http://www.nfl.com/players/derrickma...s?id=MAS078652

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    I think you have to give Figurs a fair shake and a fresh look this year at camp, but he does begin on the bubble.

Figurs will get every chance to showcase himself this TC and PS. In fact, I bet he returns more kicks in the PS games than anyone else.

And, I'm sure the Ravens hope he shines, because barring an injury, he's not going to make this team and I'm sure they'd love to be able to trade him and get something in return.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Figurs will get every chance to showcase himself this TC and PS. In fact, I bet he returns more kicks in the PS games than anyone else.

And, I'm sure the Ravens hope he shines, because barring an injury, he's not going to make this team and I'm sure they'd love to be able to trade him and get something in return.
    That would be better than cutting him, but barring injury is a lot to ask. Right now we have more than 53 good players, but who knows how many survive camp and preseason games.

Blog Entries

Agreed. I dont see him making the final roster. He's not a real WR at this point. We have 5 definite WR's making the final cut (Mason, Clayton, DWill, M. Smith, and K. Washington), so if we carry 1 more guy I would have to think it would be between Justin Harper, Ernie Wheelright, Isaiah Williams, and Edwin Williams.

I'm sure that even if he is cut another team will sign him quickly.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Guys like this carry absolutely no trade value.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    Guys like this carry absolutely no trade value.
    If (and, yes, it is a very big if) he finds a way to have a big TC and PS and another team needs a KR, I definitely could see a team offering a 6th-7th round choice for him.

Obviously, he has to play well and there has to be another team in need of a KR, so it's a big if all around - and I really don't expect him to play well enough to make it happen - but I'm sure they will give him every opportunity to try and make it happen.
    Last edited by B-more Ravor; 06-05-2009 at 11:30 AM.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap