Quote Originally Posted by Rochardrik View Post
Hold on now...those projections are for "by 2035" The last time I checked, that's like 26 years.. Advancements in these areas come exponentially.... especially when you have an actual concerted effort to make these advances... which to now , there have been no real efforts .... Additionally, advances in the disposition of nuclear waste could pave the way for nuclear power plants... dozens of them. Necessity is the mother of invention. Just look at all the things we now use because of the research done in WWII..
I'm not saying this bill is a good thing.. I haven't been able to analyze it. But I do believe these projections are based solely on what we know today.
There has been huge effort and great strides in the power sources you discuss for the last two to three decades, they are still nowhere NEAR efficient enough for widespread use....

Nuclear on the other hand, is another animal altogether. But with a Liberal president and legislature you can kiss those dreams goodbye... LIbs REFUSE to have ANY SORT of REASONABLE energy plan, AT ALL.
There are only two reasonable ways to reduce our dependance on foreign oil, EXACTLY TWO.
1. Nuke plants
2. Tapping DOMESTIC sources of fossill fuels(ANWAR, ICS, Oil Shale, etc).

No lib will support either any time soon, they'd rather tax it....