Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: FA Possibilities Thread

And he had 80 carries in a backup role. I like Turner, but lets not twist stats to prove a point.
    Ok Jamal had 314 carries to get 1132 yards.

Michael Turner only needed 80 carries to get 502 yards.

Jamal had 3 carries of 20+ yards
    Turner had 7 carries of 20+ yards

Jamals longest carry was 52 yards
    Michaels longest carry was 73

Jamal had 234 more carries. Don't you think thats more then enough carries to get more then 3 20+ yard runs?

I think Michael Turner would be a nice fit here. I would give up a draft pick for him...not a 1st rounder, but I think they should look at this guy. He could come in and be the starter from day 1.

FM

FM, I don't think we'd get a choice. I believe he is an RFA so we would (depending on how SD treats him, but 99% certainly) be required by league rules to give up at least a 1st rounder.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Thanks Festivus. If the choice at TB is what we have or giving up a 1st round pick for Turner...I give up the pick.

Look at it this way: We have a very late 1st round pick anyway. It is not likley that pick would come in and make a big impact from game 1 next year. Turner, on the other hand, I think could and would be a difference maker right away.

FM

I think we will see Turner in Giants blue next year. I also think that Jamal will be gone and that the Ravens will promote MA and draft a rookie RB to fill the empty slot.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobtown View Post
    I think we will see Turner in Giants blue next year. I also think that Jamal will be gone and that the Ravens will promote MA and draft a rookie RB to fill the empty slot.
    You are implying Musa Smith will be gone, which I agree with 100%.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    You are implying Musa Smith will be gone, which I agree with 100%.
    He might be back (knowing how stubborn BB can be), but as I see it the Musa experiment is done. The guy simply cannot stay healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobtown View Post
    He might be back (knowing how stubborn BB can be), but as I see it the Musa experiment is done. The guy simply cannot stay healthy.
    The only thing that could save Musa is that when he is healthy, he has flashed very good potential. I would bring back Musa to compete with PJ Daniels for the 3rd string RB. No one is going to sign Musa for better than that.

I would not give up a first rounder for Michael Turner, and I doubt Ozzie would. Ozzie hated the experience of not having a first rounder in 2004, so I doubt he will go that route again.

For some reason, I get the feeling that MA could be a cap casualty as he did not get used much here. I also think the team will restructure Jamal and draft a young back in the first or second round. A Michael Bush/Jamal combo or a Kenny Irons/Jamal combo would be awesome.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Thumbs down Re: FA Possibilities Thread

Jamal has GOT to go...period. If he is not the feature back he whines and he is simply not good enough to be the #1 TB anymore....what else do you need to see?

Jamal, not the O-Line is not the biggest weakness on the offense. We need a back like Willie Parker, Thomas Jones, L. Maroney...Michael Turner.

Nobody in the league has a big, slow back like Jamal as their #1 anymore.

FM

Quote Originally Posted by Fanman View Post
    Nobody in the league has a big, slow back like Jamal as their #1 anymore.
    yeah, he's definitely slowed down a lot this year. Old Jamal outran everything