Been quiet Round here

Without Trap this board has died. Go figure. Well here's something to get the juices going.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/africa...aft/index.html

Can't believe Christians are still this backwards. Beating up kids because they have "demons"?! My people...

You thoughts?
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Re: Been quiet Round here

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Without Trap this board has died. Go figure. Well here's something to get the juices going.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/africa...aft/index.html

Can't believe Christians are still this backwards. Beating up kids because they have "demons"?! My people...

You thoughts?
    AStonishing.... but then, I'm one who still grapples with the fact that Puritans in Amorica went on the "witch hunt " they did in this country... in the 17th century... It just seemed so illogical...which goes to show what people will do when taught a plethora of illogical things which they are told they must have "faith" in... It's amazing what "christians " will attribute to the "devil"

Kinda short sided to lump in all Christians, no?

You really think this is typical of everyone of faith?

Im not a Christian or even a person of faith for that matter but to make such a sweeping indictment is flat out wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Kinda short sided to lump in all Christians, no?

You really think this is typical of everyone of faith?

Im not a Christian or even a person of faith for that matter but to make such a sweeping indictment is flat out wrong.
    No, this is typical of the "religious" portion of the conservative right... 90 to 95%.... The people who think that this country's principles were founded by the Puritans. There are lots of sensible Christians... and lots more who aren't.....The "I read this in the Bible.. so you're wrong" people.... Believe me, I was raised by said demographic. Their intolerance and refusal to acknowledge anything else is astounding! Their ignorance of history and science equally so.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by Rochardrik View Post
    No, this is typical of the "religious" portion of the conservative right... 90 to 95%.... The people who think that this country's principles were founded by the Puritans. There are lots of sensible Christians... and lots more who aren't.....The "I read this in the Bible.. so you're wrong" people.... Believe me, I was raised by said demographic. Their intolerance and refusal to acknowledge anything else is astounding! Their ignorance of history and science equally so.
    Excuse me, I am religious and very conservative. So you think 90-95% of people like me beat children because we believe they are witches?

You think most Christians aren't sensible?

As for history and science, I will gladly discuss either with you. You can show me just how much more you know than I.

Here's a question. When the universe began can you tell me how precise the mass density had to be controlled to prevent the universe from collapsing back in on itself or expanding so quickly that no stars would form?