Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Re: James Harrison = Idiot = pit bulls fascination

Guess I'm safe with my 2 Papillon's....
    They think they're tough but it would amount to small bites
    I've been exposed to friends Rotties and Pit Bulls and there was ALWAYS a air of caution in the surrounding space around said dog and people.
    I can honestly say ain't nobody been scared to move within the space MY dogs claimed as their own.
    You might get licked a bit but mauled???
    I personally don't need a big badass/tough dog to make me feel the same.
    I'll take my tiny/tough amazeingly smart and loving little compainions over a potential lawsuit any day.

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven View Post
    Pit bulls are thee worst dogs known to man. I feel bad for james harrison kid but hes stupid for owning one of these dogs. hopefully they take the dog out who perpertrated this vile act.

You always here people that say if you love them they wont attack. Thats bullshit because they always attack some kid or innocent neighbor. those dogs are looking for the opportunity to tear into something. Its just the way they are.
    You sir, are clearly a moron.

That is all.
    “I already believe I am the best linebacker in the game. Now, I have to show one more thing ? That I am the most dominating, influential person in the game and the best football player to ever put on a pair of cleats.” -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by BUDDAROW View Post
    Guess I'm safe with my 2 Papillon's....
    They think they're tough but it would amount to small bites
    I've been exposed to friends Rotties and Pit Bulls and there was ALWAYS a air of caution in the surrounding space around said dog and people.
    I can honestly say ain't nobody been scared to move within the space MY dogs claimed as their own.
    You might get licked a bit but mauled???
    I personally don't need a big badass/tough dog to make me feel the same.
    I'll take my tiny/tough amazeingly smart and loving little compainions over a potential lawsuit any day.
    I sort of agree with your second point, again, referring back to the comparison to a gun. Yes you should always be cautious around Pit Bulls. You wouldn't leave a loaded gun unserpervised around kids but that doesn't mean people shouldn't be allowed to own guns.
    Requiring training courses for certain breeds of dogs is not out of question in my book.
    Little dogs are FAR more Likely to bite, though equally as less likely to do damage.

Quote Originally Posted by effo5231 View Post

That is all.
    And you are clearly a douchbag....I just hope that dog doesnt have any flash backs when you have company over or your kids pet it the wrong way. How humane are you if you have to cage that thing up anyway.

But if something does happen I could only say that I would only like to see it happen to a douchbag like yourself...I'd be the first one to say I told you so.

that's all
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Thumbs down Re: James Harrison = Idiot = pit bulls fascination

Quote Originally Posted by effo5231 View Post

And you are clearly a douchbag....

C'mon children. Even six year-olds can do better than that.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

And you are clearly a douchbag....I just hope that dog doesnt have any flash backs when you have company over or your kids pet it the wrong way. How humane are you if you have to cage that thing up anyway.

But if something does happen I could only say that I would only like to see it happen to a douchbag like yourself...I'd be the first one to say I told you so.

that's all
    I never said I cage my dog up... I said that if I'm not supervising him, he is kept segregated from my children. Have you ever heard of baby gates?

As for you liking to see a "douchebag like me" attacked... all I can say is that I think its pretty telling about the kind of person you are that you think people who rescue abused animals deserve to be attacked by dogs. Makes you seem somewhat petty that me calling you a moron is enough of a reason for you to wish a mauling on me just so you can say "I told you so."
    “I already believe I am the best linebacker in the game. Now, I have to show one more thing ? That I am the most dominating, influential person in the game and the best football player to ever put on a pair of cleats.” -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T
    C'mon children. Even six year-olds can do better than that.
    Seems to me that crazyraven is always a party to these six-year-old level fights. But I guess that's just a coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    Seems to me that crazyraven is always a party to these six-year-old level fights. But I guess that's just a coincidence.
    In his defense, I did start the name calling and that was wrong. I apologize for it.

However, it is hard to maintain one's objectivity when reading something so vitriolic and divorced from reality as "Pit bulls are thee worst dogs known to man" and "they always attack some kid or innocent neighbor. those dogs are looking for the opportunity to tear into something. Its just the way they are."

If someone wants to provide good info for why pit bulls are more trouble than they're worth, I'll listen to it and respond in kind with good info on why they're a great breed in responsible hands... but crazyraven decided that it made more sense to just make random and insane accusations that have nothing to do with actual fact and I'll be darned if that didn't just get my blood boiling.

I have a 5 yo 20 lb Bichon that was attacked by a neighbors dog when she was out front on her lead. My son was out with her but she got bitten twice.
    Muffin got really aggressive around strangers and other dogs for 2 months or so after the incident, we almost had to retrain her. Any one who knows Bichons know they are the sweetest, friendliest breed out there, they are little white puff balls of affection.
    I can not imagine what would happen to a dog with a reputation for aggression is poked or pissed off, and toddlers love to poke dogs, tug ears and tails. Because of the attack I referenced earlier, I will never own a bigger dog them a Bichon.

I never said I cage my dog up... I said that if I'm not supervising him, he is kept segregated from my children. Have you ever heard of baby gates?
    Either way the dog is not allowed to roam the house freely. This isn't a good thing if he is confined to certain areas of the house. But you have to do what ever you have to do to keep those kids safe.

As for you liking to see a "douchebag like me" attacked... all I can say is that I think its pretty telling about the kind of person you are that you think people who rescue abused animals deserve to be attacked by dogs. Makes you seem somewhat petty that me calling you a moron is enough of a reason for you to wish a mauling on me just so you can say "I told you so
    I certainly don't want to see you get mauled but Did you think i was going to compliment you after you called me a moron? if you're going to dish it out you better be able to take it.

Seriously though I'm afraid of those dogs, there is no doubt about that. You can sight all kinds of articles debating that those dogs are the sweetest pets but the realities show up when you google pitbulls and click on News. You'll see tons of pitbull attack stories. James Harrison's kid is the latest victim but its not the only one.

You even admitted yourself that these dogs are like having a loaded gun in the house. They are dangerous animals. I dont think i said anything that was misinformed.

In his defense, I did start the name calling and that was wrong. I apologize for it.
    No problem and back at ya, dawg :D

Seems to me you are way to obsessed with what I do around here Highwater. Get over it already and PLEASE leave me alone.
    Before I go and I say "that is all"... I would fucking love it if I saw Highwater helpless, getting chewed and mauled by a pitbull. I wouldnt intervine. Id just let that pitbull have at it.

Wait! That aint right....I shouldnt think like that, I take it back.

That is all.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Seriously though I'm afraid of those dogs, there is no doubt about that. You can sight all kinds of articles debating that those dogs are the sweetest pets but the realities show up when you google pitbulls and click on News. You'll see tons of pitbull attack stories. James Harrison's kid is the latest victim but its not the only one.
    I pointed out earlier that the main reason for the proliferation of "Pit bull attack" stories in the news is that pit bulls get misidentified as the culprits in attacks with ridiculous frequency. Upwards of 25 different dog breeds regularly get called pit bulls by news agencies and uninformed witnesses, I already posted this link but you must have missed it.

from Peter King's article today...and I agree with him...

9. I think you can start firing up the e-mails about this right now, but I won't back down: I laugh when I hear fans of the pit bull breed say pit bulls are no more harmful than any other dog on the planet, and they only turn bad when they're trained to be bad. Yeah, right. Why do I never read about golden retrievers attacking, maiming and killing people? I do not understand why families with children use pit bulls as guard dogs or pets.