No Holding Calls on the Colts D-line

Did anyone else who attended the game (or watched the game on TV) feel like the refs in the game against the Dolts didn't call tons of holding that the colts O-line was doing against our d-line?

The entire game my section and I were screaming mad about it, but I'm wondering if that was just the anger / liquor talking.

Also, a bunch of illegal blocking in the back on their returns was not called.

Thoughts?

Basically, I'm still pissed the AFC championship won't be in baltimore.

Re: No Holding Calls on the Colts D-line

The officiating we had was poor, but that's not why we lost, we just didn't play the way we should have & took care of business so poor officiating didn't have an impact. My section was screaming the whole game, I mean Suggs was getting tackled almost every play. When they finally called the holding late in the 2nd half, I screamed about time & got some cheers from those around me.

The lack of holding calls against the Colts, the lack of calls on their special teams returns, the supposed defensive offsides on us (not), the Reed lateral (he was not out), etc. were all botched calls. We just didn't show up offensively & the last drive by the Colts our D couldn't get off the field on 3rd down. I am not happy, but if we show up & force the Colts to play our game instead of trying to play their's, we are all out at M&T this Sunday night partying away.

This officiating crew was the SB XL crew from last year, & everyone saw what they did in that game, so did you really expect anything better?
    Last edited by PARavensJeff; 01-18-2007 at 02:49 PM.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

I was at the game, and I taped it and watched it play by play -- some in super slow motion (like the direct helmet hit on the ball on the Todd Heap catch/fumble) and I saw time and time again holding by (I believe) #71 of the Colts. It was blatant. But like PARavensJeff said -- that's not what cost us the game, although it definitely sucked, especially the call that Ed Reed was OOB, when he clearly was NOT, and that pitch to CMac could have EASILY been that defensive TD spark we so desperately needed because the offense and offensive play calling sucked so bad.

GO RAVENS!!!

4. Re: No Holding Calls on the Colts D-line

Hey! You and I were looking at the same game! I saw plenty of blatant holding by the Colts O-line during the game. If I can friggin' see it on the tube I know that the officials had to see it.

I don't see the Colts much but the song remains the same every time I do. The zebras seem to have limited vision when it comes to them holding. I believe it was Pryce who finally got the refs to call one because the Colt who was blocking had him by the chin and shirt and was bending him backwards.

Sorry if I'm a "conspiracy" guy but, I truly believe that there are double secret orders from the league telling the refs to look the other way. I mean lets look at the "drama" about to unfold with the Pats /Colts game. The league office is peeing its collective panties with glee... I'm sure Tagliaboob's suckcessor's reaction was "Excellent Smithers".

Well, if the Boston Red Sox are purportedly a CIA front, I'd believe anything.

GO RAVENS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by GREYREDSTAR View Post
    Hey! You and I were looking at the same game! I saw plenty of blatant holding by the Colts O-line during the game. If I can friggin' see it on the tube I know that the officials had to see it.

I don't see the Colts much but the song remains the same every time I do. The zebras seem to have limited vision when it comes to them holding. I believe it was Pryce who finally got the refs to call one because the Colt who was blocking had him by the chin and shirt and was bending him backwards.
    Hey, good stuff except they finally called it on the guy blocking Suggs, when he dragged him down for the 15th time. I guess the other 14 x I saw it didn't happen.

My youngest son Kyle w/ Michael Phelps after the Browms game 12/24/11

Season Ticket Holder Since 96,
    Loud, Proud & Purple in Section 504. GO RAVENS, all the way to Indy for the Lombardi!!!

We knew going in we'd have to battle the Colts AND the refs. We did absolutely NOTHING to try and offset it, say like trying to score at the end of the 1st half. I'm still pissed about that.

8. Re: No Holding Calls on the Colts D-line

Quote Originally Posted by skaybaltimore View Post
    Well, if the Boston Red Sox are purportedly a CIA front, I'd believe anything.

GO RAVENS!!!
    Wow! I never heard that one. Thats not from the Drudge reprot or something is it?