Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Final cuts made

Final cuts made

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...orts-headlines

They cut St. Pierre and Olson, Johnson and Haley, but kept Ross and Daniels, only 3 Safeties and 7 CBs (CMac, Rolle, Ivy, Pittman, Martin, Olgesby and Prude)

The roster from the team's site:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/rosterPlayers.jsp

And depth chart:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/depthChart.jsp
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Re: Final cuts made

Is that depth chart right? Demetrius is the 5th WR?
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

2 QB's behind this line???? That one is a shocker.But in Ozzie and Billicks mind the line is fine so it makes perfect sense.

2 QBs is fine. In the event that both our QBs get hurt, we can sign someone off the street that would give us the same production (or lack thereof) that St. Pierre or Olson would have given us.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

So we can just sign someone off the street,have them learn the system and play in what.....a week????You have to be joking.What happens if both Boller and McNair get hurt in a game,or one is unavailable to start,who's throwing the ball then?

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu
    So we can just sign someone off the street,have them learn the system and play in what.....a week????You have to be joking.What happens if both Boller and McNair get hurt in a game,or one is unavailable to start,who's throwing the ball then?
    If they both get hurt in the same game, we're basically screwed anyway.

I'm sure they expect to get either Olson or St. Pierre (if he is still eligible) onto the PS (with the understanding that if another team comes calling, the Ravens will add him to the 53-man roster instead).
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

I suspect they'll sign some other team's cut QB and release one of the special teams players.
    Oderint dum metuant

Post Re: Final cuts made

I predict both Olson and St Pierre are Browns by the end of the day.

Solid Roster.
    I think they are going to try to wait a week or so after other teams make thier claims off waivers and set thier practice squads and try to stash Ross and Martin on the PS, and resign St Pierre for the 53

I find it hard to believe we're going to go into the season with only three offensive tackles, 2 of which couldn't even crack the starting lineup over Zeus last year.

Secondly, I find it hard to believe that the three of them will make it through the entire season without missing any time.

If this is what they're thinking and is in fact their actual approach at this position, then we have a serious problem!!

They had better start looking at the 3rd QB spot now!!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu
    Like I said, St. Pierre or Olson wouldn't be any better than said person off the street learning the system. We are screwed any way you look at it if McNair and Boller both get hurt. Both Olson and St. Pierre looked like crap against guys that are probably cut now. Cutting them both gives us the opportunity to keep a guy like Ross or Martin instead of exposing them to any team that wanted them.

Besides, it's not like these two are going to be getting alot of calls for jobs. Olson may, St. Pierre, probably not.

The only problem I have with the roster is lack of a backup at RT. I have no idea what the FO is doing here. From everything that we have read Terry can not play RT. What happens if Pashos gets hurt? I guess they are going to try to find someone out there in the cuts.

Think we'll have any interest in Omar Jacobs who was cut by Pittsburgh? I loved him at Bowling Green. Would be ideal as a #3 QB/project.