Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Final cuts made

Re: Final cuts made

First of all don't get your panties in a bunch over the first 53. The first 53 is very rarely ever the same 53 as the 1st week or 2nd week. So I am not concerned yet. They will need to get another OL somewhere you would think.

I find it suprising that they kept 5 RBs. If PJ Daniels wasn't a draft pick then I think he would have been gone. They love Ross because of his speed and he can also be a returner. They most likely want him to replace BJ next year or by the end of the year. If we make a move, I would expect either Daniels to go or one of the CBs. We have a lot of CBs on the roster as well.

How come they didn't show a backup for Reed or Scott? Oh goody, Clarence is second team..

Blog Entries

I agree with Kevin. I'm pretty sure they're looking for a veteran O-lineman to shore up our shaky line. Martin's spot may not be too secure if they find a good prospect.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMRaven
    I agree with Kevin. I'm pretty sure they're looking for a veteran O-lineman to shore up our shaky line. Martin's spot may not be too secure if they find a good prospect.
    In honor of NCAA starting today -

Not so fast sweetheart!

I can't see Martin getting cut before Evan Oglesby in the defensive backfield. Plus in an article here on 24x7 they say that Martin is likely to be taught how to play safety and be our 4th S.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

One OT I would perhaps look at that was cut today would be Wayne Hunter out of Jax.

I really believe this is a strategic move by the RAVENS front office in what they did. The reason for that is come next Monday the rosters are set, and in order for a team to pick up a player, they are going to have to waive one. They did this with Harold Morrow a few years back so that they could get Josh Harris to their practice squad. I see them doing the same thing for Ross or Daniels or anyone else they really would like to keep.

I really think the RAVENS want to make sure Ross or Daniels or both can make it to their practice squad, and that's why they kept them over the two QBs, and other players that were released. They also might want to make sure someone else makes it to their practice squad such as Martin who was also drafted.

We could very well see one of the players we just released back on this team, assuming they clear waivers.

7. Re: Final cuts made

Sounds like it might be the case with St. Pierre.

The Ravens released third-string quarterback Brian St. Pierre along with undrafted rookie quarterback Drew Olson, although it might be a procedural move with St. Pierre who could likely be signed back if he clears waivers

http://www.ravens24x7.com/column_vie...1593e7b4b85ce6

I think the QB move is only to last until after the first game. After that, Ogelsby will probably be cut for that 3rd QB. I would be interested in Omar Jacobs, but that is me.

I am happy that Cory Ross is on this team. He could be our Willie Parker.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Great Cuts! I was really hoping they'd cut St. Pierre and Olson while keeping Ross and Daniels. Oglesby was a surprising keeper, but like PurpleRulz said, he may not be around that long.

I'm not saying it was a bad move, but I admit I'm surprised that they cut both St. Pierre and Olson. I thought they'd kept St. Pierre on the roster and try to stash Olson on the PS. I'm a little surprised, but if they can pick up an serviceable offensive lineman because of this move, I'm all for it.

The Ravens released third-string quarterback Brian St. Pierre along with undrafted rookie quarterback Drew Olson, although it might be a procedural move with St. Pierre who could likely be signed back if he clears waivers
    The way St. Pierre played this pre-season, I am thinking he'll clear waivers just fine.

Considering the depth we need in the secondary, it will be interesting how many of these guys still stay on by the first week or two.

Maybe Pittsburgh picks up St. Pierre via waivers, and then the Browns take Drew Olson.

We could then look to another young QB such as Omar Jacobs.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!