Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Lions Cut Charles Rogers. We Should...

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor
    Leaving the sarcasm aside, I don't see how you can claim "man love" by the coaching staff when they benched him and buried him on the depth chart last year after the 2nd game of the season?!?!?? IMO, that isn't showing him much love.
    If some of the people on these boards had thier way we would have cut a lot of productive players a long time ago before they had a chance to grow into thier potential.

Charles Rogers: No, thank you.

Fred Matua: Maybe. Look into it.
    ERIG20, your local draftnik

Signature currently under construction

IMO we showed him all the love he should need simply by the fact that he's still on the team. He hasn't done a damn thing to warrant all this belief in his "potential" The only thing he has going for him that I can see is he is 6'6" tall ~ big whoop, he has no courage and that can't be taught. All we heard last year was how hard he worked in the weight room and now he'd be able to take the hits ~ well how did that work out? It got his sissy butt benched in the second game. I see no reason to believe it will be different this year, and so all he amounts to is a wasted roster spot.
    I'm all for giving players a chance to develop but there comes a time when you have to accept reality and move on. The basic flaw in his game is the same now as it was the day he came to the Ravens and I don't think it is correctable.

The thing he has going for him is he can catch balls that no other player in the NFL can get to,and in the red zone that could be a great asset to this team.The fifth WR on ANY team is a role player at best,and if he can play the role of catching 4-6 TD's over the course of the year that roster spot is not being wasted.We have tough recievers to go over the middle in Heap,Clayton,Mason,and even DVD we dont need that in Moore.We all know how bad our redzone offense has been,and if having Moore keeps Stover on the sideline a few more times this year it can only help us.

Somebody will pick up Rogers. He was drafted way too high to not be given a second chance somewhere else. He is also coming out of the joke known as Matt Millen's Detroit Lions. I find it hard to find anything they do as the right thing.

Then why didn't he do it last year? Sure he might catch them providing there isn't a defender within six yards of him. I understand what you're saying I just don't see it. I realize these guys are role players, but IMO Moore's "role" is to predictible and every team we play will know how to defend it. Besides, now that we have McNair we shouldn't have to rely on jump balls in the end zone for scores.

Interesting that the Jax cut Randy Hymes. I guess Billick is not the only one that dislikes Hymes's work ethic.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Being a former 1st round pick I'm sure at least at the very beginning he's going to try and hold out for something more than a #5 WR job too. It may be all he ends up with, but at least for the forseeable future he could bide his time until someone's #2 or #3 guy goes down on injury or something.

It is amazing that a WR that was considered to have Randy Moss-like talent (and some annointed Rogers the next Randy Moss), can fall from grace. He was an absolute beast in college.

It goes to show that incredible skills absent of intellect equals zilch!
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Quote Originally Posted by UKRavenStockers
    With regards the comment on picking up Matua, we've got our two young guys at G/C, no need to get one with less talent than the two we have.

Did you knw that every single NFL team starts 1 center and two guards... Vincent is terrible, as is Flynn, and old, and MUle is old. All will need to be replaced by '08 at the lastest. Apparently 1 year is not enough to learn to play Oline for the ravens, so we better start thinking NOW. Brown, is likely to start before ten end of the season, with Chester next year. If Matua, could ride the pine for two years, he could succeed Mul;e maybe.

But teh question is, how bad does one have to play, to get cut from the worst offensive line in football, especially when you were a 4th rd pick, NTM that he was their ONLY drafted improvementover last year.... anyone know????

BTW it would be nice to have 4 guys with center potential... lots of versatility.