Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Lions Cut Charles Rogers. We Should...

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu
    I guess you are one of those..."big name player got released.....lets go sign him!!!!....he was a top 3 pick!!!!"

I guess you are one of those stick-with-a-WR-that-can't-catch-and-has-no-balls-because-he-is-6'6-tall type person. Whatever floats your boat.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Mike Williams wasn't even released. How did we go from Charles Rogers to Mike Williams?

I wouldn't want Charlie Rogers on my football team at all. And yes, that goes for OVER Clarence Moore. Charles Rogers has already admitted to smoking pot, has been on IR for two seasons, and was lazy in practice.

No thanks

Hey guys lets keep this thread civil.

I would take a look at Rogers, but I can tell you now he won't be coming here. There are a lot of teams worse off at WR that will make a play for him first.

I am interested in the OG, Matua from USC. I'm curious as to why he was waived. Still, he could be worth another look.

Exactly Brandon.And at least Moore has shown that he can make plays in the red zone,an area where the Ravens are absolutely horrible.Rogers has shown that he can be effective getting hurt,suspended,and not being worthy of any pick in the draft much less the 2nd.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Let's not start attacking the poster.

I guess you are one of those..."big name player got released.....lets go sign him!!!!....he was a top 3 pick!!!!"
    That attacks the poster.

A better way to disagree is to say "when big names or former high draft picks get released it is tempting to want to look at them but there is a reason the other team gave up on them."

I would bring in him for an interview, see where his head is. If he is more interested in smoking pot than playing football, pass. But I wouldn't rest my decision on how the Lions handled him and how he acted there, they haven't won shit for decades for a reason.

Just talk, you might need a psychologist involved to see if he really is interested in playing or not. Everybody will say "yes" but the right questions can give you the real answer.

With regards the comment on picking up Matua, we've got our two young guys at G/C, no need to get one with less talent than the two we have.

I would imagine Rogers will not lack for suitors, I doubt strongly he would be willing to go anyplace as a 5th receiver. Remember, the ego is the last thing to go - he was a high draft pick and I'm sure he still sees himself in that light. As much as I despise Clarence Moore and doubt that he has any courage at all and would love to see him replaced I think we could probably do it cheaper and with fewer "side issues". Not to mention that our coaching staff appears to have a serious case of man love for Moore (not that there's anything wrong with that) and would probably cut McNair before Moore.

At this point, the Ravens probably have little shot at Rogers - even if they did want him - since he is subject to waivers. Now, is contract - since the team claiming him would have to assume the remainder of his deal - may be a reason that teams pass on him, so then he would be a FA and able to sign anywhere.

Still, my opinion is that the FO is happy with seeing if Darling, Williams or Moore can develop into a quality 3rd/future starter. Plus, if isn't claimed, I'm sure Rogers will get a better shot elsewhere to be higher on someone else's depth chart.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Sorry Greg if you think I was attacking the poster,Im just tryting to make a point that we cant go out and sign every big name player that gets cut.Especially since we are(cant believe I am saying these words) deep at the position.

Quote Originally Posted by AZRAVEN
    Not to mention that our coaching staff appears to have a serious case of man love for Moore (not that there's anything wrong with that) and would probably cut McNair before Moore.
    Leaving the sarcasm aside, I don't see how you can claim "man love" by the coaching staff when they benched him and buried him on the depth chart last year after the 2nd game of the season?!?!?? IMO, that isn't showing him much love.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

11. Re: Lions Cut Charles Rogers. We Should...

The guy is a cancer, a TO with less talent. We don't need that. Chemestry is going carry us this year.

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu
    Exactly.

You do realize that when Rogers isn't getting high he is on injured reserve.

Why the hell would you want a guy like that on your team? He is one step from getting suspended for a year and can't get on the field because he is so injury prone.

He has absolutely terrible character...why would you be willing to take that chance when we have the quality depth we have.

I'd rather have Moore being a coward than a malcontent that never sees the field and poisons the locker room.

Charles Rogers is a joke.

And so is Mike Williams.

BTW...that was not aimed at anybody in particular, but a general why would any team want this guy unless they are desperate