Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Lions Cut Charles Rogers. We Should...

..definitelly get this guy. I would take Charles Rogers as a 5th WR over Moore any day, any hour. Hopefully, our Kokinis is on this. Please, let this happen.

Also, Fred Matua, G/C who was drafted from USC this year, was waived. This is another signing that I would make.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Re: Lions Cut Charles Rogers. We Should...

I would look at him but I am betting his character issues will prevent us from going after him, also I am certain we wouldn't be the only team after him. Half the league is probably trying to contact him now.

Just shows how stupid the Lions FO is. I would have cut Mike Williams before Rogers, Rogers has the skill set to be an elite WR, Williams will always be limited by his speed, or lack thereof.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

I would not pick him up. The Ravens enough receivers. We need to keep a eye out for a OL player to pick up.

First of all we have a 5th wr,his name is Clarence Moore.Scond of all half the league can have him he has done NOTHING but get injured and be a major pain in the a** to the Lions orginization.Third the cap hit to get rid of Williams would be ridiculous and this is his second year in the league,not fourth like Rogers.Do you reelly think they would cut the 5th pick in the draft from last year??? Get real people,there is a reason why this fool got cut.

No thanks! I would stick with what we have.

Actually he was the 10th pick and yes, the Lions were considering cutting him. I just read Marinelli said that just because he didn't cut him didn't mean he would play him. Thank god those rumors of us trading up to pick Williams didn't come true. Drafting that bum would have been horrible.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

Mike Williams was the 10th pick. Wasn't Charles Rogers the #2 or #3 pick?

Ok the 10th whatever,he got a huge signing bonus and he has had 1YEAR in the NFL,do you really think they are going to give up on him???Makes absolutely no sense.

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu
    First of all we have a 5th wr,his name is Clarence Moore.Scond of all half the league can have him he has done NOTHING but get injured and be a major pain in the a** to the Lions orginization.Third the cap hit to get rid of Williams would be ridiculous and this is his second year in the league,not fourth like Rogers.Do you reelly think they would cut the 5th pick in the draft from last year??? Get real people,there is a reason why this fool got cut.

1. This post makes no sense. :insane:

2. Mike Williams was taken with the 10th overall selection and not the 5th overall.

3. Rogers failed in Detroit, but a change is what he may need. He does have good tools and should be given another chance.

4. I'd take Charles Rogers over Clarence Moore any second of any day. You can have a WR that lets a TD pass fall right in front of his face and has no heart.

5. We did have Fred Matua in for a predraft visit. Maybe, we will look to him to replace Rimpf.

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu
    Ok the 10th whatever,he got a huge signing bonus and he has had 1YEAR in the NFL,do you really think they are going to give up on him???Makes absolutely no sense.
    I didn't really expect them to cut Williams, I know it's financially close to impossible. I'm just thinking out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenFanatic2k6
    I didn't really expect them to cut Williams, I know it's financially close to impossible. I'm just thinking out loud.
    Cutting Mike Williams was a real possibility for the Lions. I would NOT touch him. If a team invests that kind of money and take him as high as they did, yet they are even thinking of cutting him, then I would not want that player.

I guess you are one of those..."big name player got released.....lets go sign him!!!!....he was a top 3 pick!!!!"