Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 34
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Posts
    8,265

    Sen. Specter now a Democract



    http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/04/...tch/index.html

    Not that really surprising given everything that he's being getting from his GOP peers. Whats everyone else's take on this?




  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: Sen. Specter now a Democract

    Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/04/...tch/index.html

    Not that really surprising given everything that he's being getting from his GOP peers. Whats everyone else's take on this?
    Its clear he had to switch to save his political future. He would have lost in the republican primary as a result of the stim. vote.

    It will be interesting to see how he votes. I imagine there was some dealing going on with Democratic leaders and that, as a result, one could expect an increase in liberal voting from Specter. Hopefully this is the difference between pushing heathcare reform through or not. It certainly will help.

    On the lighter side I have been looking forward to another Michael "Bling-Bling" Steel head scratching response. Here it is:

    "Republicans look forward to beating Sen. Specter in 2010, assuming the Democrats don't do it first."

    last time Bling-Bling came out with such assurance, the republicans lost a "fish in the barrel" contest for NY-20.

    In other news news the GOP has had their shoe laces removed and placed on suicide watch.








  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Owings Mills
    Posts
    1,155

    Re: Sen. Specter now a Democract

    Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    I'll tell you a funny story that confirms this.

    My brother is a pastor in Oxford,PA and serves as a Chaplain at Herr's Potato Chips up there. He knows Jim Herr, its owner and millionaire.

    Herr told him about the time Spector said, Jim, Ive known you for 25 years and you never gave to my campaigns while you donate to other GOP congressmen.

    Herr said thats because you are really a liberal DEM disguised as a Republican and you know I wont support a candidate that is for abortion.

    Herr is also a Godly Christian and brought in the Chaplan Service to help counsel his employees in times of need and during company hours.

    Not many owners would do that.

    ALWAYS BUY HERRS.
    Good to know... I've always preferred UTZ and now I have a reason to keep buying them.




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Owings Mills
    Posts
    1,155

    Re: Sen. Specter now a Democract

    0 to name calling in 1 post ladies and gentleman!

    We have a new record.

    Seriously Trap, you do realize that you're thought process and political viewpoint are both outdated and dying right? Is that why you're so bitter? Because your ideology is dying?

    The political and social relevance of people like you is going to stop existing within my lifetime... And there isn't a damn thing you can do to stop that.

    But back to topic.... Good on Specter for switching to the winning team. And bollocks on Herr for being a:





  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: Sen. Specter now a Democract

    Quote Originally Posted by effo5231 View Post
    Seriously Trap, you do realize that you're thought process and political viewpoint are both outdated and dying right? Is that why you're so bitter? Because your ideology is dying?
    The humorous thing is Trap has no idea that his form of ideological thinking is exactly what is killing the GOP. He thinks referencing one individual who is the top 1% of the top 1% speaks to the common man and thus supports his narrow worldview.

    Trap still thinks he is kicking your ass.








  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: Sen. Specter now a Democract

    Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    LOL- I hit a nerve heh.

    And your homo has used up all the name calls in the book.




    Now why dont you say something about Specter if you can.


    And anyone who thinks the nationalizing of banks and the auto industry and the Prez of the US becoming Prez of Government Motors isnt socialism, is truly getting his butt kicked.
    Trap is too predictable.

    Here is the deal with Spector. He is the 60th democratic senator. What that does Trap is make the congressional republicans completely irrelevant in not just theory now but in practice. They don't even need to show up to vote once they let Franken takes his duly earned seat and quit playing games. They have earned their own insignificance...your battle should be with them but you are them, so you can't see outside of your own shadow.

    American politics will now be hashed out within the center-left to the far left. Center right and most importantly whacked right can now stay home.

    I imagine Spector and Obama more or less reached a deal where Spector would come over to the Dems and support Obama's health care initiatives which is Obama's largest agenda and what will ultimately help define his presidency. In return, Spector will get the democratic support in 2010. At that point I imagine there will be democrats that would rather run a true democrat in that election but it appears that for Obama, his healthcare plan is more important. I agree with that.

    The Dems will finally pass healthcare reform as a result of Spector coming over. and there are now two less people eating Herrs chips.


    The new GOP mascot:
    Last edited by Galen Sevinne; 04-30-2009 at 12:01 PM.








  7. #7

    Re: Sen. Specter now a Democract

    Quote Originally Posted by effo5231 View Post
    Good to know... I've always preferred UTZ and now I have a reason to keep buying them.
    Utz is a trillion times better anyway... and more healthily made(less fat, and salt)




  8. #8

    Re: Sen. Specter now a Democract

    Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    LOL- I hit a nerve heh. The guys who started and do the most name calling are upset. Now that is really funny.

    And your homo has used up all the name calls in the book and that from a guy who names calls in both forums.




    Now why dont you say something about Specter if you can.


    And anyone who thinks the nationalizing of banks and the auto industry and the Prez of the US becoming Prez of Government Motors after firing the real Prez isn't socialism, is truly getting his butt kicked.
    Ever noticed when something is written that COMPLETELY shows Trap to be wrong, he comes back and talks about how he hit a nerve, or calls that person a homo, or tells that person they are getting their butt kicked.. or all the above at one time....Makes it easy to see why he lacks comprehension skills. I bet if you told him the sky was blue, he'd color it amber




  9. #9

    Re: Sen. Specter now a Democract

    Trap is right. Spector already looked like and smelled like a duck. Now he is a duck. Big deal. He was a duck before he called himself a duck.




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: Sen. Specter now a Democract

    Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Trap is right. Spector already looked like and smelled like a duck. Now he is a duck. Big deal. He was a duck before he called himself a duck.
    another one who consistenly misses the significance of a point.








  11. #11

    Re: Sen. Specter now a Democract

    You are right, I interrupted the liberal masturbation thread instead of visiting something newsworthy... Like that the sky is blue.




  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: Sen. Specter now a Democract

    Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    Jon and I are right. As always, Galen twists his facts up.

    Even Biden knew Specter was a DEM in disguise and this quote at the bottom proves it.

    In fact, Biden had called Specter 14 times since he went in to convince him to switch because he thought he was really a DEM. They wanted that anti-filibuster vote bad and this is how badly they wanted it. Even OBY talked to Specter about switching.

    This is from the politico.com. Todays issue but see the last line for the real reason why he left the party.

    He was seriously challenged by a GOP conservative.

    Once again, Galen is wrong and gets his fact mixed up.

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    The arguments used are fantastically interesting. On the one hand, Biden always believed that Specter was a Democrat, on the other hand he told Specter that the GOP “left him” years ago. If Specter was indeed always a Democrat, how could the Republican Party have left him? Biden seemingly believed that Specter was really a Democrat in disguise. That is not a problem, but it is quite ludicrous for anybody to pretend that the GOP has radicalized. It has not. Specter’s views were Democratic, his party affiliation was one of political expediency. When it was no longer useful for him to be a Republican senator because he was seriously challenged by a conservative challenger, he quickly left.

    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

    Once again Galen and Cock A Roch get their asses kicked by whittle ole me.

    No one is questioning whether Specter is a liberal or conservative...or if he is a good guy or not. You don't get it Trap neither does your cohort in crime.

    This was a masterful political deal by Obama/Biden that esentially rendered the GOP useless, made American politics about center/left to extreme/left orient, gives Obama his healthcare initiative and devoid of any catastrophic events secures Obama's second term.

    It was a huge political move. If that is what Chicago-style politics is all about, I'm down.

    yet the only thing you are arguiing about is whether Specter is a dem or not. You miss the point Trap. The GOP just got punked on Obama's 100 day proving the point that Obama is running political circles around the rest of D.C.. You don't see it et you are kicking ass. the guy is brilliant. keep listening to Rush and being completley irrelevant.

    It makes one wonder who really made Rush relevant in the first place. Oh yeah I remember. Obama did.








  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Southern PA
    Posts
    5,056
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Sen. Specter now a Democract

    Opposing viewpoints are good because it means that most normal people meet somewhere in the middle. When there isn't an opposing viewpoint the problems aren't fixed because there isn't a counter-point to the problem. This argument applies to both sides of the aisle

    Too much of the same opinion isn't a good thing IMO and everyone will wake up one day and ask how we got here.....




  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Tenuous
    Posts
    4,920

    Re: Sen. Specter now a Democract

    Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    You are right but he is still fun kicking their asses.

    I posted the quote. The Prez and VP thought he was a DEM and called Specter 14 times and Galen is so easy on the economic thread. He even admits he knows nothing and gets his assed kick every time.
    "Don't do it G"

    "Don't go into that black hole a third time."

    "You know Trap has the reading comprehension and awareness of a gnat that keeps bumping into the floodlight at night"

    "don't go in there a third time...you know your rule"

    "impulse control"

    "resist"

    -the voice of reason.








  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Owings Mills
    Posts
    1,155

    Re: Sen. Specter now a Democract

    Trap, I've gone back and read every post I ever wrote on this board just to verify how wrong you are... again.

    You contend that I started name calling with my very first post... so let's see what I said in post 1.

    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    Hey, I'm mike, I've been a Raven's fan for the last ten years. I found a link to this forum on the sportsline board and decided to jump ship to a better moderated, more intelligent community of football fans.

    I'm pumped up for the game on Saturday, but I'm even more pumped when I think of how great this team will be in the future. Bright young stars at QB, and RB, an elite possession WR and TE, and a D that imposes its will on its opponents.

    How 'bout them Ravens!?!
    Hmm.... Nope, not seeing it. Maybe you meant my first post in the political forum.

    It's a long one, so here's the link

    I don't see any name calling... I do apologize for busting a bubble... and I do call the bubble paranoid, maybe that's what you meant. If it is, I apologize to the bubble.

    Well here I said someone was "wrong"... and that Alan Wolfe was smarter than them. I stand by that claim... but no name calling yet.

    Here I called you wrong, and cited references to prove it... but I can't seem to find the horrible name I called you.

    Ooooh. I found it. Here's where I compared you to a puppy. Wow... I called you a puppy Trap. What a monstrous and insulting thing to say. I belong in prison for that one. I apologize for calling you a puppy Trap. It was wrong of me, and I hope that deep down in your Christian heart, you can find an ounce of compassion to spare for me. Because I called you a puppy.

    Because, you're not a puppy Trap... You're a real live person with feelings who doesn't like being compared to something so disgusting and revolting as a puppy.

    Moving on.

    Here I called you out on not knowing how to quote someone... A skill you have yet to master. And I also defined you as delusional based on your seemingly unending supply of ways to redefine the word "socialism" as well as your lack of connection with the actual world... That wasn't name calling Trap, it was a diagnosis. Seek help.

    Next I quoted some scripture here, here, and here (assuming you consider the opening monologue from The People's Court to be "Scripture."

    Ok... so no name calling there... but I'll keep looking, you accuse me of name calling a whole bunch, so surely there's more than just me calling you a puppy right?

    Here I did call you a sick person. In fairness to me you had just said this:

    Quote Originally Posted by Trap
    Slight correction. Maybe the terrorists could kill Galen first. They could tortue him by starting with the little stuff first like pulling out his finger and toe nails, then all his teeth like the Nazis used to do.

    Then the big stuff like the British used to do in the dark ages. Cut one limb off at a time saving the most important one for last.

    That would be one less pussy liberal to deal with.
    Sooo yea... I see how me calling that sick was totally immature and over the top.

    And finally... in this very thread I compared Jim Herr to this:



    A picture of a box of Summer's Eve douche.

    I apologize to Jim Herr, he is not in fact a female hygiene product, and I can find no evidence that he has ever been filled with warm soapy water and inserted into a woman's vagina for the purposes of cleaning.

    So, Trap, back to you're original accusation, that

    Quote Originally Posted by Trap
    Even elf came in here his first day name calling everyone who disagreed with him. Then he blows his mind when he gets hit.
    Care to back that up with any... I dunno... Facts?




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland