Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Justin Green To Miss A Lot Of Time?

Bruce said this morning that Justin Green was limping around badly after the game. Bruce stated that Green looks as if he could miss signficant time. Could he be on the IR? If so, then there is a chance that Daniels and Ross make the final 53.

RB: Jamal, MA, Musa, Ross, Daniels
    FB: Mughelli (with MA backing him up).
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Re: Justin Green To Miss A Lot Of Time?

If JG goes on IR I would expect MA to be the #1 FB. Ovie hasn't shown much and that would be a great 1-2 punch with MA and Jamal and MA with Musa. PJ Daniels would be the next RB to stay at that point.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

It's a sprained knee. I doubt he will be put on IR for the whole season. I would be really shocked if he was

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu
    Has HYH gotten his medical degree in the past few days?I was waiting for someone to post this.Justin Green was limping,therefore he has a major injury cause Ron Burgundy said he saw him walking around the field after the game.
    There is no reason to launch a personal attack on Bruce. Remember, this is the no personal attack board; if you want to do that sort of thing go back to YBR.

As for Justin Green, I suspect he will be on PUP. That way he isn't taking up a roster spot and we can re-evaluate him in a couple of weeks.

He can't be put on the PUP list.

NFL rules allow teams to designate players as "Physically Unable to Perform." Once they are designated as such, they are prohibited from practicing with the team. They can, however, rehabilitate and participate in team meetings. If a player begins training camp on the PUP list, they can be moved to the active roster at any time, even after one practice. A player is not allowed to be placed on the PUP list if they start training camp on the active roster.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''

Thanks RF2K6. I thought it was before the season and didn't include training camp. I was wrong.

I guess Green will just be one of the inactive players for the first couple of weeks.

52decleetzu,

restrict your comments to the post NOT the poster. Another violation will result in a temporary ban.
    Last edited by Dabruise; 09-04-2006 at 12:04 AM. Reason: Personal attack

Purple Rulz,

Another poster's violation of the rules does not give everyone else license to break the rule. Your post was a personal insult and as such, is a violation as well. The warning extends to you as well.
    Last edited by Dabruise; 09-04-2006 at 12:06 AM.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

yeah 52 don't start that stuff here, YBR will be more then happy to welcome you back, if you keep your act up

Sprains are usually 4-6 weeks, but after seeing what they have done for Culpepper and Palmer I would be afraid to even speculate anymore.:bag:

Quote Originally Posted by Drkraven
    Sprains are usually 4-6 weeks, but after seeing what they have done for Culpepper and Palmer I would be afraid to even speculate anymore.:bag:
    Those were ruptures, not sprains, multiple ruptures. They each had to have MAJOR scopic knee surgery. Green has to sit in his lazyboy with a brace on for a couple of weeks. Huge, ginormous difference.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave52
    Thanks RF2K6. I thought it was before the season and didn't include training camp. I was wrong.

I guess Green will just be one of the inactive players for the first couple of weeks.
    Well that may be wrong as I read today that the Bengals put a few players on the PUP list.

Either way, I'm glad Green isn't on IR. The difference between him and Mughelli is night and day.
    ''You'd love to go on the first day but I'm glad for the situation I'm in,'' he said. ''Baltimore knows how to play defense.''