Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grade the Picks

Re: Grade the Picks

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    What kind of an impact this will have this season, I don't know, but I like what Ozzie is doing for this offense -- giving Flacco an OL that can keep him upright. I like the long-term thinking that seems to be going on here.
    I think the impact is that if Oher can hold his own against the top DE's and LB's when protecting Flacco on his drops then we can send the Tight End(s) out into patterns and give Flacco more targets than he had sometimes last year when we kept the TE in to pass block.

Also, I think that Cam Camerons mindset on how to beat the 3-4 defense is with the unbalanced line featuring 2 tackles. He likes to overload the side that sometimes gets shorted in the 3 4 defense.We were almost able to run on Pittsburgh last year using that alignment but we didn't quite have the personnel to pull it off. Adding Oher may tip the balance in our direction. If we can run on Pittsburgh (or any team) we can beat them.

Our offensive line now has the potential to be the best in the league.

Sure hope we pick up a veteran WR before the season starts though.....

2. Re: Grade the Picks

i just heard that ozzie is starting to work out an extension with gaither to keep him in purple for a long time. my one gripe with ozzie is that he waits to long to lock up some of these younger guys, but i really like that he's trying to lock gaither up before he's good for a few more then year and then either costs us a fortune or leaves in FA.

Re: Grade the Picks

OT Michael Oher-- A: top 10 talent at #23, will work his ass off, character guy... "we've got our bookends!" (DeCosta to Ozzie in the draft room)

DE Paul Kruger-- A: being out West, I saw a lot of his games; he's a high intensity, high effort player who makes plays; he compares favorably to Jared Allen, and his missionary work seems to imply good character

CB Ladarius Webb-- B: now that's a cornerback name! our scouts loved the guy; Kiper, who makes his living on his reputation, invoked the name Bob Sanders on nat'l tv; the guy souds fired up in interviews; I trust it

LB Jason Phillips-- B: supposedly was a higher rated talent but could not participate in the eval process because of an injury; again, high effort, high motor, high intelligence player; coach's kid

TE Davon Drew-- B: Never heard of him, but I think OZ knows something about the TE position; with Sypnewski back and LJ Smith in house, he'll have the development time he needs; it's apparent that Cam is not enamored with the overgrown WR styled TE, cuz we passed on them all

RB Cedric Peerman-- B: strong runner, quick; Ray (#52) is gonna love talking God with him, as he is an ordained minister; graduated UVa

I believe that The Ravens got better this weekend. As fans, we like the big names, the familiar highlight reel guys. But, Ozzie knows how to build a team, is privy to a lot of info, and has a vision. The dynasty is upon us.