Thumbs up Back in business 2009

With the Ravens matches to be released soon, and the draft in a couple of weeks, I thought now would be a good time to open up the UKR's for business again. :uk:

Let's GO !!!!!!!!!!!:celery :celery :celery

Re: Back in business 2009

Newsletter for the New Season 2009/10.

NFL Draft week-end is 25th / 25th of April.

RAVENS’ 2009/10 schedule:
    Sep 13 KC M&T Bank Stadium 1:00 pm
    Sep 20 @ SD Qualcomm Stadium 4:15 pm
    Sep 27 CLE M&T Bank Stadium 1:00 pm
    Oct 04 @ NE Gillette Stadium 1:00 pm
    Oct 11 CIN M&T Bank Stadium 1:00 pm
    Oct 18 @ MIN Hubert H. Humphrey Metrodome 1:00 pm
    Bye week
    Nov 01 DEN M&T Bank Stadium 1:00 pm
    Nov 08 @ CIN Paul Brown Stadium 1:00 pm
    Nov 16 @ CLE Cleveland Browns Stadium 8:30 pm MNF
    Nov 22 IND M&T Bank Stadium 1:00 pm
    Nov 29 PIT @ M&T Bank Stadium 8:20 pm SNF
    Dec 07 @ GB Lambeau Field 8:30 pm MNF
    Dec 13 DET M&T Bank Stadium 1:00 pm
    Dec 20 CHI M&T Bank Stadium 1:00 pm
    Dec 27 @ PIT Heinz Field 1:00 pm
    Jan 03 @ OAK Oakland Coliseum 4:15 pm

UKRavens .
    With the release of the season schedule it’s time to get things back going again. It’s been nice this year to have a formal break in our work, I’ve seen some of you still posting, I think even more of you have been reading 24x7 from time to time.

I will miss the draft (again) as I will be on a rugby tour over that week-end. So I’ll let the draft guru’s do there work once again.

Social
    Once the re-building work is done I may try another summer BBQ if there is interest.

NFL Wembley 2009
    Sunday October 25th Tampa verses New England. This is during the Ravens bye week. Can everyone who is going, and got/getting tickets let me know?

Ravens trip in 2009?
    I have to say that the ‘credit crunch’ has hit us as it seems it has everyone (Actually we’re just in the middle of major building work which will cost us all our cash for now). As it stands I may be able to make a quick trip but on my own (without Tania) later in the season.

For reference here are the flight costs at the moment:
    Depart Fri. 30th Oct, return (arrive) Tues 3rd, Heathrow - BWI direct on BA, is £350.50 inc. taxes. Use this as a bench mark.

GO RAVENS

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Well seeing the top 10 Raven plays on NFL.com last week got me stoked. The thing that used to get me back fully was reading the training camp reports and seeing the pic's on the Insiders.That's when you know football is back.

Cannot wait to see Flacco and all our young players progress from last year.
    Last year was a dream, an unbelieveable dream for what this team achieved.
    I still don't know how all the pieces of the puzzle fell together and ended up with the Ravens reaching the AFC Champ.

Once again we have so many questions for those who have left and those who are coming in.Players & coaches.

As to the work money front down here in the southeast things are dire. Its almost like running to the shelter when the air raid warning goes off to signal another company hitting the rocks. We have 15 empty shops in town. And untold To Let signs up on warehouses & office blocks.

The £ is really in a mess to for travelling abroad.

We shall overcome.

Anyway tonight the NHL Ice Hockey playoffs faceoff and I am stoked.Love me some playoff Ice hockey.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

Fortunately for Katie and I the credit crunch hasn't affected us too much. With Katie being a student and me working with Tesco we both have a nice steady income. And the lack of a mortgage to pay and kids to feed means we're not spending anymore than we were before. We're not any richer than we were before but not any poorer either.

I've got my management assesment a week today which is the first in a fairly long process to an extra 6 to 8 grand a year. Depending on how long this takes will depend on my ability to make a trip across this year.

I am going to push hard for an overseas trip THIS season. I've got enough Air-Miles to get me £150 off the flight. At the moment I am looking at the Denver game at end October. This is not written in stone.

I'd guess I'm probably out this year for a trip to the States with going over last year and buying a new car last month, but then I thought I was out last year as well, a lot will depend upon work and how quickly we'll be able to get games up next season. That said I thought I was out of a trip over last year, so if I do head over it'll probably be short term planning again.

With regards flights, that LHR-BWI direct flight with BA is rarely full, so the flight costs tend to come down closer the time, I certainly seem to remember paying less than £350 last December.

If it happens both Gordon (Glasgow) and I (Manchester) will fly in ready for the 12.50 flight. Cool if we all meet in the departure lounge.