My Perfect/ Realistic Off Season

If these things happen, we will go further than we did this past season.

1. We re-sign Ovie Mughelli and Tony Pashos.

2. We successfully restructure Jamal Lewis and gain 7M in cap space.

3. We draft a slashing RB to pair with Jamal Lewis.

4. We give Ray Lewis a new deal that lowers his cap number.

5. We give Suggs an extension and lower his cap number.

6. Work to restructure JO if he comes back.

7. Draft, in addition to the RB, two OL (tackle and center), another tweener DE/LB.

If these things happen, we come back stronger and could go further in the postseason.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Re: My Perfect/ Realistic Off Season

Unless we transplant Jamal's brain for a guy who can actualy successfully run north and south then Jamal combined with a slashing runner isn't really that effective, a slashing runner would replace Jamal, not compliment him.

Jamal and Mike Anderson are both cutback runners, unfortunately our O-line doesn't seem to be able to open the cutback lanes it did in 2003.

and we need a new QB badly

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    If these things happen, we will go further than we did this past season.

1. We re-sign Ovie Mughelli and Tony Pashos.

2. We successfully restructure Jamal Lewis and gain 7M in cap space.

3. We draft a slashing RB to pair with Jamal Lewis.

4. We give Ray Lewis a new deal that lowers his cap number.

5. We give Suggs an extension and lower his cap number.

6. Work to restructure JO if he comes back.

7. Draft, in addition to the RB, two OL (tackle and center), another tweener DE/LB.

If these things happen, we come back stronger and could go further in the postseason.
    What do you do with AD? I franchise him or let him walk. No point in giving him a long term deal with the upcoming cap purge in a year or two. I say goodbye to Jamal and sign a RB to compete with M Anderson and draft a 3rd RB. The word is though, that the Ravens love PJ Daniels and he'll be at least our #3 back next year with Anderson and either a free agent or draftee. And you have to draft a QB in either the 1st or 2nd rd. The big question is do you give Brown and Chester starting jobs or do you sign a proven upgrade? The interior blocking in the running game is pathetic.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

I'm agreeing with some ideas....I'd do the following

1: Franchise and try to negotiate with AD ~ if it's going to break the bank, trade him
    2: let jamal go, obviously try to trade him, but i doubt you'll get takers.
    3: I agree, keep Ovie and Pashos. Justin Green will be back too, so I think we're solid at FB
    4: Suggs getting reworked is going to be important with that big bonus he got
    5: ogden is an enigma. If he comes back, I agree convert some money into a bonus and extend the deal if possible. If he's not back, we need to draft a T sometime, after Terry and Pashos we've got nothing.
    6: Draft Day...BPA, but needs are at T,G,RB,QB,LB

now that I'm done blowing hot air, I think we all see the obvious questions. It's going to be exciting to see what happens with our FAs and the like before the draft.

1. With the bitterness AD felt with the last time he was a FA, I doubt franchising him is an option. I will be pleasantly surprised if we are able to keep him.

2. I forgot to add interior linemen to the list. While we have Chester, Brown, Mulitalo, and Flynn, we should add another person to take over for Flynn or to take over RG if Chester wins out at center. It seems that once Mule returns, though, he will be at LG, with Jason Brown at center and Chester at RG.

3. The question is do you keep Jamal and restructure him and cut/trade MA, or keep MA and cut/trade Jamal? We can't keep both. They do seem to really like PJ Daniels, but he's the same type of back as Jamal, MA, and Musa. We need a change of pace back. How about Kenny Irons, MA, and PJ Daniels, or Kenny Irons, Jamal, and PJ Daniels.

4. I think Ovie and Pashos get done before they hit the market. Musa won't be back unless he gets the AD treatment on the market which is possible. If so, he'll be back.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!