Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Re: New rules for this year

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    Every play should be reviewable, including yellow flags. Get the damn call (or non-call) right.
    I couldn't agree more. We have been screwed more often than helped by horrible penalty calls. They should be able to be reviewed as well. May the best team actually win!

Re: New rules for this year

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    Here's my question.

Why didn't the NFL pass this rule when Palmer got his knee rolled up on in the playoffs?

That was worse than Brady's play because Van Oloffen (sp?) didn't have an offensive player near him and basically crawled into Palmer's knee.

I guess Palmer wasn't important enough to warrant a rule being made for him.

PP
    I thought they did. Isn't that when they passed the "can't hit a QB below the knee" rule?

The way I understand it (and I haven't seen any official language yet) is that now they added the specific provision - if you're already on the ground, you can't "lunge" at the QB - to the old Palmer rule.

OT- Why doesn't the NFL make the official rulebook available?

The 2006 rulebook was leaked online a while ago, yet the NFL still has some abridged thing on the website.