Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Re: Why the McNair gravy train has peaked, and I'm off that bandwagon

That's it...Dave is officially on my ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    I see we're still down to make excuses for the McNair miscues.
    This team wasn't going anywhere before it signed McNair anyway. Our defense and special teams has wasted away for years under an inept offense. To act like our defense was the reason this team did so well is nonsense. It was the offense that made the difference. Any good Ravens fan knows it. The fact we're even debating this subject at all makes me wonder what other topics we shall indulge ourselves in. For instance:

"Is water wet?" - The age old question
    "Is their life on the moon?" - Another question you and I may tackle at some point
    "Does the sun make the earth warmer?" - Again, this argument certainly has it's detractors

I say we skip past all this McNair mumbo jumbo and jump feet first in one of the above 3.

This team wasn't going anywhere before it signed McNair anyway.
    Really? Can you prove that? Oh wait a minute. You don't have to prove anything because your gut is always right. My bad.

Our defense and special teams has wasted away for years under an inept offense.
    And boy howdy did McNair ever come through when it mattered.

To act like our defense was the reason this team did so well is nonsense.
    Do you mind if I save that as my quote? That may be the single dumbest statement I've ever read and I want everyone to share in the stupidity.

Fewest points given up.
    Fewest yards given up.
    Fewest FD per game given up.
    Second most TOs forced.

Man the defense just sucked didn't they?
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Really? Can you prove that? Oh wait a minute. You don't have to prove anything because your gut is always right. My bad.
    Not always. But usually.

Those who don't trust their own instincts are those whom are most dependent on fact finding.

It's easy to use facts any way you want to support your argument, no matter how wrong your answer might be.

Unfortunately this isn't math class. Their is no perfect formula for a right answer. There is simply a wrong answer and a right one.

I prefer to use the K.I.S.S. method myself. Keep it simple, Stupid. The game of football gets overanalyzed. People like you are the biggest culprits. You have absolutely no confidence in your instincts that you've completely betrayed any feelings you get while watching the games, relying solely on your own hatred of some other part of the game or the players themselves. I wouldn't doubt for a second if the latter were actually the case. And this may be true for quite a few of your kind.

Those who don't trust their own instincts are those whom are most dependent on fact finding
    It's been my experience that people who are to stupid or lazy to bother looking for the facts are those who are dependent on gut instinct.
    It's easy to use facts any way you want to support your argument, no matter how wrong your answer might be.
    Huh? Facts are always correct. That's why they're called facts.
    Unfortunately this isn't math class. Their is no perfect formula for a right answer. There is simply a wrong answer and a right one.
    So you can't prove it? Not really surprised.
    The game of football gets overanalyzed. People like you are the biggest culprits.
    Again, huh? Numbers are an important part of football. I blew out my knee and lost my speed. I couldn't play as a FB anymore so I bulked up and moved to the line. From a 4.6 40 to a 5.6 40. Those are numbers that don't lie.
    You have absolutely no confidence in your instincts that you've completely betrayed any feelings you get while watching the games
    Actually I use stats to prove what my gut tells me. I noticed the offense improved quite a bit during the Saints game. I noticed that we we're rolling the QB out and not giving the pass rush a stationary target. I proved it by going back and watching game film then I checked the stats to see about the stats.

You see, I don't like making unfounded statements. I think they only serve to make a person look foolish.

relying solely on your own hatred of some other part of the game or the players themselves
    That's pretty hypocritical of you. Of course, given the type of... people... y'all are, that's not really a surprise.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock