Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Results 91 to 97 of 97
  1. #91

    Re: Why the McNair gravy train has peaked, and I'm off that bandwagon



    Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    I see we're still down to make excuses for the McNair miscues.
    No one's making excuses. They were mistakes.

    Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    There was nothing there on those plays besides McNair missing open guys. And there wasn't pressure on either occasion. Thats an unforced error to me.
    The unforced/forced distinction is not helpful.

    Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    Heap and Clayton I can give a mulligan because and least defenders were hitting them and whatnot.
    (a) Defenders are often hitting receivers. Receivers are *expected* to put away and to hold the ball.

    (b) I would very much like to know what you mean by 'whatnot'.


    Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    Re: Ogden, i stick to my point on that. I'd rather have terry in there and start Chester and Brown and maybe even another new player than to bring back Flynn and Mulitalo as starters just to beg Ogden to come back.
    I personally would drive to Jonathan Ogden's house (in Nevada) and beg him to come back if I thought it would make the difference. In the history of football he is one of *the premier* offensive linemen, coming off one of his best seasons. That's a fact. You are talking about a guy who is so good that, even in the fickle world of the NFL, Brian Billick calls the Pro Bowl the Jonathan Ogden Invitational, because he *always goes*.

    Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    If he really wants to play for us, cool; but if there are requirements or caveats, it just wreaks to me of his heart not being in it
    Point to me the time when his heart wasn't in it, ever. This is not a guy who takes plays off. He won't come back if his heart isn't in it, I assure you.


    Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    My fear with the vets, especially the ones that really have established legacies, is that they dont really REALLY care what happens one way or the other
    On the contrary, it is often the veterans who understand that personal goals must be sacrificed from time to time for a winning team. Just ask Michael McCrary.


    Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    Same fear I have with McNair. Nothing I've seen or heard says to me that the 2 INTs 170 were really bothering McNair, even after the fact. The man will retire a Titan. Tough for me think that his career in Baltimore will be his defining moment.
    If you think he doesn't, after all his years of personal accomplishments, want a Super Bowl Ring, you're just wrong.
    Festivus

    His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.




  2. #92

    Re: Why the McNair gravy train has peaked, and I'm off that bandwagon

    Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    Heap and Clayton I can give a mulligan because and least defenders were hitting them and whatnot.

    Since your long-winded post was already dissected by two other people, I'm not going to bother, but this line sticks out to me.

    Definitions of mulligan

    -A second shot permitted without penalty.
    -The chance to replay your last shot.
    -A second shot that is allowed to be taken in friendly play when the player has "muffed" (see above) the first one.


    There isn't any do-overs, or replays, this is football. Clearly Clayton/Heap fucked up as much on each of their turnovers as McNair did with his two. There is no way to dictate what kind of turnover is what. It's a turnover, and as I've already said, those turnovers negated a big play, and the beginning of a drive, and also gave Indy the ball in our zone already.

    Now, explain to me where those turnovers were "not as bad" as McNair's. McNair's turnovers were both horrible mistakes, and drive killers. Clayton/Heaps were the same thing. I don't see where because a defender hits you makes the mistake any easier to swallow, or equates to less of a turnover. Unless players didn't start hitting until the postseason, I fail to see why you should get less blame because the defender made a play on the ball. The defenders clearly beat Heap/Clayton, as well as McNair(x2).

    So again, why do Heap/Clayton get a "mulligan" on their turnovers. What makes them so special compared to McNair?
    Season over, guess I'll have to start drinking beer again...




  3. #93

    Re: Why the McNair gravy train has peaked, and I'm off that bandwagon

    That's it...Dave is officially on my ignore list.




  4. #94
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Denver, Colorado (via Gaithersburg, MD)
    Posts
    682
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Why the McNair gravy train has peaked, and I'm off that bandwagon

    Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    I see we're still down to make excuses for the McNair miscues.
    This team wasn't going anywhere before it signed McNair anyway. Our defense and special teams has wasted away for years under an inept offense. To act like our defense was the reason this team did so well is nonsense. It was the offense that made the difference. Any good Ravens fan knows it. The fact we're even debating this subject at all makes me wonder what other topics we shall indulge ourselves in. For instance:

    "Is water wet?" - The age old question
    "Is their life on the moon?" - Another question you and I may tackle at some point
    "Does the sun make the earth warmer?" - Again, this argument certainly has it's detractors

    I say we skip past all this McNair mumbo jumbo and jump feet first in one of the above 3.




  5. #95

    Re: Why the McNair gravy train has peaked, and I'm off that bandwagon

    This team wasn't going anywhere before it signed McNair anyway.
    Really? Can you prove that? Oh wait a minute. You don't have to prove anything because your gut is always right. My bad.

    Our defense and special teams has wasted away for years under an inept offense.
    And boy howdy did McNair ever come through when it mattered.

    To act like our defense was the reason this team did so well is nonsense.
    Do you mind if I save that as my quote? That may be the single dumbest statement I've ever read and I want everyone to share in the stupidity.

    Fewest points given up.
    Fewest yards given up.
    Fewest FD per game given up.
    Second most TOs forced.

    Man the defense just sucked didn't they?
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, Hi Im Ben may I have a drink please?
    ProFootballMock




  6. #96
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Denver, Colorado (via Gaithersburg, MD)
    Posts
    682
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Why the McNair gravy train has peaked, and I'm off that bandwagon

    Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Really? Can you prove that? Oh wait a minute. You don't have to prove anything because your gut is always right. My bad.
    Not always. But usually.

    Those who don't trust their own instincts are those whom are most dependent on fact finding.

    It's easy to use facts any way you want to support your argument, no matter how wrong your answer might be.

    Unfortunately this isn't math class. Their is no perfect formula for a right answer. There is simply a wrong answer and a right one.

    I prefer to use the K.I.S.S. method myself. Keep it simple, Stupid. The game of football gets overanalyzed. People like you are the biggest culprits. You have absolutely no confidence in your instincts that you've completely betrayed any feelings you get while watching the games, relying solely on your own hatred of some other part of the game or the players themselves. I wouldn't doubt for a second if the latter were actually the case. And this may be true for quite a few of your kind.




  7. #97

    Re: Why the McNair gravy train has peaked, and I'm off that bandwagon

    Those who don't trust their own instincts are those whom are most dependent on fact finding
    It's been my experience that people who are to stupid or lazy to bother looking for the facts are those who are dependent on gut instinct.
    It's easy to use facts any way you want to support your argument, no matter how wrong your answer might be.
    Huh? Facts are always correct. That's why they're called facts.
    Unfortunately this isn't math class. Their is no perfect formula for a right answer. There is simply a wrong answer and a right one.
    So you can't prove it? Not really surprised.
    The game of football gets overanalyzed. People like you are the biggest culprits.
    Again, huh? Numbers are an important part of football. I blew out my knee and lost my speed. I couldn't play as a FB anymore so I bulked up and moved to the line. From a 4.6 40 to a 5.6 40. Those are numbers that don't lie.
    You have absolutely no confidence in your instincts that you've completely betrayed any feelings you get while watching the games
    Actually I use stats to prove what my gut tells me. I noticed the offense improved quite a bit during the Saints game. I noticed that we we're rolling the QB out and not giving the pass rush a stationary target. I proved it by going back and watching game film then I checked the stats to see about the stats.

    You see, I don't like making unfounded statements. I think they only serve to make a person look foolish.

    relying solely on your own hatred of some other part of the game or the players themselves
    That's pretty hypocritical of you. Of course, given the type of... people... y'all are, that's not really a surprise.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, Hi Im Ben may I have a drink please?
    ProFootballMock




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland