Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: Why the McNair gravy train has peaked, and I'm off that bandwagon

The fact that I dont hear anyone blaming him bothers me more.
    See, it's shit like this that makes me not take you seriously. What fucking board are you reading?

And Stinger, of course you and I and any reasonable, at least somewhat objective fan knows that this is a team sport and everybody has a hand in wins in losses.

Unfortunately we also know that the QB gets the praise/blame in regards to how his team does. Of Course the entire team was the reason we went 13-4...they all won 13 games and loss 4. But fans/media do not look at it that way, and that is why you have these debates and all these Anti-McNair threads/posts.

McNair played like shit Saturday. If you want to blame him alone for the loss...by all means go ahead. But you can't do that and then downplay his role in winning 13 games.
    Last edited by Raveninwoodlawn; 01-17-2007 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericBlackDave View Post
    The fact that I dont hear anyone blaming him bothers me more. I
    It's been said but I'll say it too.

What the hell have you been reading? Are you making shit up in you head?

McNair played a HORRENDOUS game on Saturday. You statement is borderline insane.

You have gone to the other end of the spectrum and have decided not to give any credit to McNair for a 13-3 season. You have spread the credit around and convienently left him out.

WE LOST THREE GAMES.

Best record ever as a franchise and Steve McNair was the QB. You don't achieve that record in the AFC, beat KC on the road etc.... without some good play from your QB.

As has been stated numerous times, he really played well after settling into the offense and Billick taking over the offense. We went 9-2 after the bye.

He played shitty on Saturday. Even the most ardent McNair supporters have freely admitted that.

He's gonna be on this team next season and will most likely be the starter.

PP

FWIW, Tex/Spike...I wasn't waiting for McNair to fail so I could jump up and say: "I told you so." I was really hoping he'd bring his experience and get us to Miami. But man...you just gotta accept that HE had a bad day; it wasn't just because of Indy's D; it wasn't the receivers; HE had a bad day. Don't try to rationalize it away; it just ends up sounding stupid. Even HE acknowledged he stunk. So let it go, man...and let's just see how it goes next year.

GO RAVENS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skaybaltimore View Post
    FWIW, Tex/Spike...I wasn't waiting for McNair to fail so I could jump up and say: "I told you so." I was really hoping he'd bring his experience and get us to Miami. But man...you just gotta accept that HE had a bad day; it wasn't just because of Indy's D; it wasn't the receivers; HE had a bad day. Don't try to rationalize it away; it just ends up sounding stupid. Even HE acknowledged he stunk. So let it go, man...and let's just see how it goes next year.

GO RAVENS!!!
    No doubt that Mac had a bad day, but to discount the Indy D (which played great) and poor (2 fumbles?!) receiver play just shows how biased and irrational you are.

Mobtown, it's not even a bias, because a bias implies some kind of weighing process, such as favoring red over blue. Reasoning with Skay is like reasoning with Tex. They only know one answer, it never changes, so there is no need to have any 'bias' at all. They are as biased as record players.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobtown View Post
    No doubt that Mac had a bad day, but to discount the Indy D (which played great) and poor (2 fumbles?!) receiver play just shows how biased and irrational you are.
    No, it just shows what a total, absolute homer you are.

GO RAVENS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Mobtown, it's not even a bias, because a bias implies some kind of weighing process, such as favoring red over blue. Reasoning with Skay is like reasoning with Tex. They only know one answer, it never changes, so there is no need to have any 'bias' at all. They are as biased as record players.
    You and mobtown ought to get a room.

GO RAVENS!!!

No, it just shows what a total, absolute homer you are.

GO RAVENS!!!
    I just gave Indy's D credit and criticized our receiver play, how on earth does that make me a homer?

Come on Skay, at least TRY to make some sense.

I just gave Indy's D credit and criticized our receiver play, how on earth does that make me a homer?

Come on Skay, at least TRY to make some sense.
    Our RECEIVER PLAY? Are you REALLY that lame, man? Heap gets upended, gets a helmet in the ball, and STILL almost gets his elbow down in time, and you want to point a finger at HIM, while McNair is throwing ROOKIE INTs all over the field, and Billick squanders 51 seconds with 2 TOs before the half, and abandons the running game -- that for once was actually working -- in the 2nd half? You're beyond gone, man.

GO RAVENS!!!

Our RECEIVER PLAY? Are you REALLY that lame, man? Heap gets upended, gets a helmet in the ball, and STILL almost gets his elbow down in time, and you want to point a finger at HIM, while McNair is throwing ROOKIE INTs all over the field, and Billick squanders 51 seconds with 2 TOs before the half, and abandons the running game -- that for once was actually working -- in the 2nd half? You're beyond gone, man.

GO RAVENS!!!
    I am not blaming Heap as an individual per se...but ask yourself when was the last time that our receivers lost TWO fumbles in one game. It happend and frankly speaks more to the great play by the Indy D than any failures by our receivers. Fact remains that a normally sure handed Clayton and Heap gave up huge fumbles which directly contributed to that loss.

As I said earlier, I am not giving Mac and Billick a pass on a poor game. I think that Billick did the right thing at the half, but you are right about abandoning the running game. As for Mac, yes, he had a bad game...but it was no worse than the game that the other QB on the field put up and somehow Indy managed to win the game...so I don't see how you can dump all the blame in his lap.

I am not blaming Heap as an individual per se...but ask yourself when was the last time that our receivers lost TWO fumbles in one game. It happend and frankly speaks more to the great play by the Indy D than any failures by our receivers. Fact remains that a normally sure handed Clayton and Heap gave up huge fumbles which directly contributed to that loss.
    And the FACT IS, that's part of FOOTBALL! What McNair & Billick did goes WELL BEYOND THAT. And your meager attempts to try to equate the two just show how stupid your arguments are!

As I said earlier, I am not giving Mac and Billick a pass on a poor game. I think that Billick did the right thing at the half, but you are right about abandoning the running game. As for Mac, yes, he had a bad game...but it was no worse than the game that the other QB on the field put up and somehow Indy managed to win the game...so I don't see how you can dump all the blame in his lap.
    No, not "somehow", as if by magic. WE GOT OUTCOACHED, HOMER. And OUTPLAYED. Period. And now we get to look forward to MORE anemic offense from BB. Great. Whoopee! I can hardly wait.

GO RAVENS!!!

And the FACT IS, that's part of FOOTBALL! What McNair & Billick did goes WELL BEYOND THAT. And your meager attempts to try to equate the two just show how stupid your arguments are!
    So INTs and bad challenges are NOT part of football? :grbac:

No, not "somehow", as if by magic. WE GOT OUTCOACHED, HOMER. And OUTPLAYED. Period. And now we get to look forward to MORE anemic offense from BB. Great. Whoopee! I can hardly wait.

GO RAVENS!!!
    We definately got outplayed, but I don't agree that we got out coached.