tough week for the Con'ed

No Trap I wasn't attending a soiree in Europe. I have been looking for a ranch in Ecuador for a couple years now and went back down for the past week to look at a few. Nothing like trying to navigate the bureaucracy of a latin american country. I guess the benefit though is that most of my money has been sitting liquid in a bank for the past two years so the latin american red tape has saved me from the Bush economy.

Lots has happened though I see in the grand ol' US of A.

HR still trying to find a poll that shows Obama is a failure has only been able to find a 58% approval rating in a conservative rassmussen poll. Not bad really. I see you have dropped your Obama is tanking the DOW talking point now since it seems that, following the logic of your reasoning, the now soaring Obama economy stimulated the DOW to a 10% jumped last week and is still wildly soaring today. Looks like it might be time to jumped back into stocks after a 2 year layoff. So where do the conservatve talking points go when polls are favorable and the DOW is soaring?

Ahhhh maybe to the Glenn Back "we are surrounding you" kerosine huffing party last friday? I hope your apocaplyptic mentor didn't let you down HR. By all accounts though there didn't seem many outside of Chuck Norris ready to secede the nation just yet.

By the way, Camille Paglia has long been acccused of neoconservative beliefs whether she voted for Obama or not. Hardly a staunch ally of "my side". But maybe that is the only thing crusing around "the corner' these days with solid polls and the soaring DOW.

Katie Couric wins a journalism award outing Palin. Worthy I would say as there are still members of the con'ed party who think she is a highly educated and intelligent individual. One would think even rose-colored glasses wouldn't be able to hide the reality Couric stumbled upon with the lil' dilly from wasilly.

Speaking of new news from the trailor park in Wasilly...I hear the royal wedding of Britol and Levi has been cancelled? So sad...after parading them around so much, it seems that Palin can't catch a break anywhere these days. Truly is sad in the fact that there will be another fatherless baby in this world. Maybe Sarah should pay attention to what goes on a little more instead of whatever is that she does??

So like I said long ago about Steele and why he won't last. He pals around with terrorists. How can he possibly support baby killers??? Is he a murderer now himself? "I'll kill dem babys, baby" He was heard saying. Coleman is in line to replace him? Wow...ain't that a show.

Cheney still out there trying to scare me about what lurks in the shadows. I must say it was a peaceful week down in the "vally of the volcanoes". What a comedy show to return to.

Looks like I will be traveling otc again sometime in May if all goes as planned. I hope you boys do a better job of keeping things rolling along. ;)

Re: tough week for the Con'ed

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    Here is what happened yesterday and why.

As I posted yesterday, the markets didnt soar and this report says it's a good thing it didn't proving once again that Galen doesnt know anything about Economics.

Stocks rose as banks began lending more freely and positive statements from the Fed Chairman and the Bank in England calming fears.

I bought a 1,000 shares in Citi Corp last week at $1.65 and its up to $2.30 and I had some modest gaines in the rest of my portfolio.

But everything Im reading says the worse is yet to come with Apple and Microsoft threatening big layoffs and Nissan reducing to a 4-day work week.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/3683270/
    seriously Trap - I was being sarcastic about the DOW. Every day it goes down the connies are declaring the "Obama presidency a failure" but every day it goes up it is completely unrelated???

The DOW is probably the worst indicator of an economic turnaround. That being said for long term investors, now is the time to start buying if you have 20+ years to ride it out before retirement. This has been a gift for us in the 30-40 age bracket. We can start investing at a bottom point.

As far as "Typical middle class spending" I am not adding to my house. I am looking into property in a south american country - probably ecuador for retirement. Long term outlook for latin american countries is very difficult but ecuador is recently one of the more stable. they use the american dollar. My love is Bolivia but Bolivia is well...Bolivia. Beautiful as it is.

If the conservatives ever get a hold of this country again, I might retire before I turn 50...and go grow pineapples. If you want a good read "The Saddest Pleasure" by Moritz Thomsen. Get your mind out of the hate garbage coming out of the coulter's of the world and read something that gets a little closer to what it means to be a human.
    Last edited by Galen Sevinne; 03-17-2009 at 08:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Get my hate out of what?

When OBY THE COMMIE makes all those remarks and the markets keep dropping and he still gives bad rhetoric and they keep dropping, Im gonna hate something - so is 34% of the country.

The guy doesnt have a clue and we warned you of his inexperience.

I'll stop reading Coulter if you stop listening to Katie.

But keep watching the unemployment as Apple, Microsoft and others lay off but Im sure you will say that isnt a good indicator of the economy.

sic, sic - sarcasm again.
    The Commerce Department reported Tuesday that construction of new homes and apartments jumped 22.2 percent from January to a seasonally adjusted annual rate of 583,000 units. Economists were expecting construction to drop to a pace of around 450,000 units.

Why would you have your money in stocks if you are retired??? That is your error not anyone else's. Somone in my family has lost over a million in stocks and he is retired. It makes no sense to me that his money would EVER be at such a risk especially when everyone knew this economy was riding a bubble for the past 6 years. We all saw what happened in the dotcom era. Find a place to get a couple percent interest...create a budget and live worry-free. If you can't do that then start working again.

Pew, gallop, Rasmussen ....

ALL show a faster drop in polls then the previous 4 Presidents at this same point in their Presidency.

And I never said they were bad numbers - simply that they were falling .... and fast.

56% is a decent number .... but no where close to that "mandate" you've been pimping.

Keep rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic though. Reality is right around the corner.