Blog Entries

Objective analysis of one of my teams please.

Here. This is a new league that I'm in. Plays 9 as follows QB, Def, K and a combination of any 6 RB, WR and TE with at least one of each and no more than 2 TEs or RBs and 4 WRs.

Skimped a bit on my Defenses and QBs.

Weaknesses? Strengths? Comments.

Thanks.

Plummer, Jake QB DEN
    Favre, Brett QB GB*
    Johnson, Brad QB MIN

Dillon, Corey RB NE*
    Johnson, Larry RB KC
    Jones, Thomas RB CHI

Galloway, Joey WR TB*
    Moss, Randy WR OAK
    Bennett, Drew WR TEN
    Curtis, Kevin WR STL*
    Muhammad, Muhsin WR CHI

Crumpler, Alge TE ATL
    Gates, Antonio TE SD

Akers, David K PHI

Jaguars, DST
    Bills, DST
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.

Re: Objective analysis of one of my teams please.

Quote Originally Posted by 24x7 Admin
    Here. This is a new league that I'm in. Plays 9 as follows QB, Def, K and a combination of any 6 RB, WR and TE with at least one of each and no more than 2 TEs or RBs and 4 WRs.

Skimped a bit on my Defenses and QBs.

Weaknesses? Strengths? Comments.

Thanks.

Plummer, Jake QB DEN
    Favre, Brett QB GB*
    Johnson, Brad QB MIN

Dillon, Corey RB NE*
    Johnson, Larry RB KC
    Jones, Thomas RB CHI

Galloway, Joey WR TB*
    Moss, Randy WR OAK
    Bennett, Drew WR TEN
    Curtis, Kevin WR STL*
    Muhammad, Muhsin WR CHI

Crumpler, Alge TE ATL
    Gates, Antonio TE SD

Akers, David K PHI

Jaguars, DST
    Bills, DST
    Not a bad team at all. QB's are a little shaky and I think Buffalo's D will suck, but any time you can get Gates and Johnson as well as a good D you have to be happy.
    The Steelers: Still looking for a legit Super Bowl victory.

Not a huge fan of this team, though it has some solid players. One thing you need to mention is how many teams are in the league. If this is a 12 or more team league, you did okay. If it's eight or less, you're severely underpowered.

You only have one reliable running back; Jones and Dillon both have young backs behind them pushing for playing time. Check the free agent pool and try to pick up another back to add to your depth. Any of the top rookies (Bush, Williams, Maroney, Addai, or White) would be decent, but also look for other sleepers who have a good shot at starting for their teams. Mike Bell looks to have the job in Denver (a rookie); Frank Gore has inherited full-time duty in San Francisco; Kevan Barlow has taken over for the Jets after his trade; and Wali Lundy has JUST taken over in Houston after Domanick Davis went on IR. TJ Duckett will also get some time if Portis's injury lingers, and he'll see a lot of action near the goal line. You can afford to give up Brett Favre for any of these guys if your league starts only one QB.

Your TEs are both excellent, and in your current format that's not bad, but you should still consider Crumpler a luxury, and see if you can deal him for an upgrade at RB or WR. Moss and Galloway are both clear picks at WR, but all of your remaining WRs have production questions around them. Will the Bears have a QB capable of getting Muhammad the ball? Will Curtis see time now that Martz isn't the OC in Saint Louis? Will Bennett still be the top guy if Young or Collins starts in Tennessee? You have room to improve here as well.

Akers is a very solid kicker; Plummer is probably more of a reserve QB, but I don't think he'll be terrible as your starter, and Brad Johnson is a fine backup. The Jags and Bills aren't top ten defenses, but will do just fine if you get the right matchups.

I would say you have some work to do to make your team one of the best in your league.

Blog Entries

Yes. 12 teams. Thanks. Great analysis.
    Admin Steve :uk:
    Screwing up Ravens message boards since 1999.