Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Heyward-Bey

Re: Heyward-Bey

Quote Originally Posted by italianjoker View Post
    you are a lost cause. keep pounding your purple chest and waving your Ravens flag and accusing me of not being the most super-duperest fan in comparison to you. i will say this so that maybe you can read it and it will be the last time.

WHEN A WR HAS TO STOP RUNNING AND COME BACK FOR A BALL, IT IS UNDERTHROWN. HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH SPEED OR SIZE OF THE WR IT IS WHERE THE BALL IS DELIVERED.

you say the light cam on in week 13 and he was a great passer from there on, so i post his stats and show you are incorrect. so then you turn it into "fantasy football" etc... either the light is on and he gets the numbers or he does not and the light is not on. w

e won games, but not because our new "Franchise QB" won them for us. the defense still set us on short fields and the offense still stopped producing as the year went on and opposing teams had game tape to watch on our "Franchise QB". he played better in the beginning of the season than he did at the end.

is that because he was a rookie and it was a long season? possibly and i am willing to give that to him. but do not act as if he was some stud that carried the team or something. and do not pimp him as some accurate passer that he is not. his accuracy was a problem by all accounts, some are willing to admit that the "golden boy" has things to correct. others, like yourself, can not hear a negative thing ever about a person that wears purple. keep covering your ears and yelling "la, la, la, la, i can't hear you" it does not change a thing.
    You are putting your spin on what I wrote. la, lalalallalal was not my argument Joker.

AFC championship game is my argument. Fuck the stats. I do not care who you root for. I fyou want to say the passing game sucked because it was ranked 26th, I say you are not looking at the big picture.

like i said, i am not breaking this down the way i broke down McRagArm. it is not worth the time i would waste.

you talk about "big picture", try to practice what you preach. where would this team had been if they did not have the defense scoring and setting them up on short fields? where would this team had been if our running game did not eat up yards and control the clock in the beginning of the year? say our defense was #5 in the league, would we have made it to the AFC Championship?

bottom line, if our defense did not set us up as often as they did, we would have needed more than just 1 good throw a game to win. lucky for all of us that they did set us up.
    I live vicariously through myself.

3. Re: Heyward-Bey

yippy, he connected on a deep ball once in stride. let the parade begin.

our WRs had to slow up and come back to the ball just about every time he threw it up. and that has nothing to do with how tall they are. when a WR is behind a guy and he has to stop running and wait on the ball to get there it is an underthrown ball.

years upon years of nothing but excuses when a player does bad. i prefer to just say the truth about what happened. not just make excuses for it. 26th passing attack in the league. that speaks for itself.

here is a link. it is to Flacco's page on NFL.com:

http://www.nfl.com/players/joeflacco...s?id=FLA009602

so week 13 is when that lightbulb came on and he could hit the deepball? amazing. he had 280yards in week 13. i am not going to break this down for you the way i did McRagArm, but let's look together. other than the Jacksonville abirition in yardage he did not even break 150yards in the rest of the regular season. in post season, he was real bad. but i am not knocking him for that. long as hell rookie season he played through, his arm had to be rather dead by that point.

did he throw a nice ball from time to time? sure he did. but did he underthrow plenty and throw even more "buddy passes" that got his people killed more often? yes he did. consistency is needed and not just the one or two reads he can make. all the reads need to be consistant.

dude, he was a rookie last year. Cut him some slack. We were 4 minutes away from the Super Bowl. Yes, he underthrew and overthrew some balls but so did every QB in the league. He played a hell of alot better than a savvy veteran qb in Pennington in the first round of the playoffs. That shoul have told you all you need to know about Flacco. The guy is super talented and he is going to be a great qb in the future. Stop hating and just be happy we finally have a qb. The guy had over a 90 qb rating in away games...

4. Re: Heyward-Bey

like i said, i am not breaking this down the way i broke down McRagArm. it is not worth the time i would waste.

you talk about "big picture", try to practice what you preach. where would this team had been if they did not have the defense scoring and setting them up on short fields? where would this team had been if our running game did not eat up yards and control the clock in the beginning of the year? say our defense was #5 in the league, would we have made it to the AFC Championship?

bottom line, if our defense did not set us up as often as they did, we would have needed more than just 1 good throw a game to win. lucky for all of us that they did set us up.
    whats your point? where would the Steelers have been without their defense? This whole conversation is idiotic. Why are you bashing our qb?

Oakland?

Quote Originally Posted by BmoreRaven View Post
    whats your point? where would the Steelers have been without their defense? This whole conversation is idiotic. Why are you bashing our qb?
    Italian Smoker's MO "Joe Flacco has a weak arm, and it cost us games." Wa Wa Wa. He has been on that rant for weeks. I don't get it. Rookie quarter back, mistakes are mistakes did we win the superbowl? I wish we did.

Why are you arguing if the Ravens defense carried us last year? Of course they did. And guess what they will do it again this year if they can. If sophmore Flacco is not much improved over rookie Flacco I'll be suprised. Let the kid grow you jerk.

where did i say he had a weak arm? i said he underthrew people and had accuracy issues. please feel free to read and quote me correctly.

other than that, i have nothing to say to the kool-aid drinkers. i stated my stance quite clearly. i gave him slack on being a rookie, but i stated he has things to work on too. just like every rookie. the difference here, i am able to say he has things to work on and the kool-aid drinkers can not hear a negative thing. ever.

LOL, where would Pitt be if their defense was not #1, they would be better off than us. their qb is better than ours currently.

i love how personal you guys take these things. "let the kid grow jerk. wwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" LMFAO. you people crack me up.

ok, i give. Flacco is perfection. please, tell me there is room for me to grab on and swing from his nuts too. i beg you.

LMFAO. some of you are ready to enshrine him in the hall already.

where did i say he had a weak arm? i said he underthrew people and had accuracy issues. please feel free to read and quote me correctly.

other than that, i have nothing to say to the kool-aid drinkers. i stated my stance quite clearly. i gave him slack on being a rookie, but i stated he has things to work on too. just like every rookie. the difference here, i am able to say he has things to work on and the kool-aid drinkers can not hear a negative thing. ever.

LOL, where would Pitt be if their defense was not #1, they would be better off than us. their qb is better than ours currently.

i love how personal you guys take these things. "let the kid grow jerk. wwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa" LMFAO. you people crack me up.

ok, i give. Flacco is perfection. please, tell me there is room for me to grab on and swing from his nuts too. i beg you.

LMFAO. some of you are ready to enshrine him in the hall already.
    You are just making stuff up now. No one said Flacco was on his way to the hall of fame, but you make it seem like he can not throw. So what if was not perfect, he still looked pretty good for a rookie. Why do you have to take everything to the extreme?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    You are just making stuff up now. No one said Flacco was on his way to the hall of fame, but you make it seem like he can not throw. So what if was not perfect, he still looked pretty good for a rookie. Why do you have to take everything to the extreme?
    i have to take things to the extreme?

i stated he needs to get more accurate on his deep balls and not hold the ball as long and all of the sudden i have yourself and 2 other people crying at me and calling me a "jerk". questioning whether i am a fan or not? and i take things to extremes?

you and your multiple personalities crack me up.

Many of Flacco's deep balls were underthrown to the extent that the receiver had to slow down or stop to catch them, however they were completions.

Were they perfect passes? No

Is there room for getting better? Yes

Is he still a good deep ball thrower? You bet.

I think the reason Joe hesitated before throwing many passes this year was due to the fact that he was REALLY trying not to throw picks. When he gets a little more comfortable reading defenses and adjusting to the speed of the game I expect to see a quicker release on his passes that hit the receivers in stride.

One of the things noted on his scouting report from college is that he is an extremely accurate deep ball passer.

Merril Hogue on NFL Playbook at the end of the season said that Flacco has turned into one of the best deep passers in the league. Hogue is an excellent analyst.

One of the reasons the long passes were completed this year was because he has such a strong arm. The ball got there before the defense expected it. However, defenses will adjust the the strength of Joes arm and he WILL need to throw the ball to hit the receivers more in stride in the coming season.

I can't wait to see how he develops in his second and third years. The game is going to slow down for him a lot. Those who think that the game was not that fast for him this year are really mistaken. It's a huge jump from Division 2 to the pro's.

He's got a huge upside. That doesn't neccessarily mean he's going to continue to get better but I will bet money that the kid is future pro bowl material, maybe even HOF.

So, in response to italianjoker and jeremiah, I think you're both right. You're just arguing around each other.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lap View Post
    Many of Flacco's deep balls were underthrown to the extent that the receiver had to slow down or stop to catch them, however they were completions.

Were they perfect passes? No

Is there room for getting better? Yes

Is he still a good deep ball thrower? You bet.

I think the reason Joe hesitated before throwing many passes this year was due to the fact that he was REALLY trying not to throw picks. When he gets a little more comfortable reading defenses and adjusting to the speed of the game I expect to see a quicker release on his passes that hit the receivers in stride.

One of the things noted on his scouting report from college is that he is an extremely accurate deep ball passer.

Merril Hogue on NFL Playbook at the end of the season said that Flacco has turned into one of the best deep passers in the league. Hogue is an excellent analyst.

One of the reasons the long passes were completed this year was because he has such a strong arm. The ball got there before the defense expected it. However, defenses will adjust the the strength of Joes arm and he WILL need to throw the ball to hit the receivers more in stride in the coming season.

I can't wait to see how he develops in his second and third years. The game is going to slow down for him a lot. Those who think that the game was not that fast for him this year are really mistaken. It's a huge jump from Division 2 to the pro's.

He's got a huge upside. That doesn't neccessarily mean he's going to continue to get better but I will bet money that the kid is future pro bowl material, maybe even HOF.
    can not argue with that. i basically agree with everything you said. a slight difference here or there, but you say more politely what i say very bluntly. of course, where you say he is still a good deep ball thrower, i do disagree there at this point in his career.

the only thing i disagree on is Hogue. i do not think as highly of his opinion as you do. much of what national guys say have more to do with recent stats than it does with actual every day play.

Merril Hodge is a tool and a homer.

And I thought I told you already IJ, anything remotely negative about Joe will have you labeled as having an agenda around here so quick it'll make your head spin.