Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How about Orlando Pace at RT?

I would rather have him than Marvel Smith if they are looking to replace Big Willy.

RAMS RELEASE PACE
    Posted by Mike Florio on March 10, 2009, 4:43 p.m.
    The St. Louis Rams have announced that tackle Orlando Pace, the No. 1 overall pick in the 1997 draft, has been released.

Re: How about Orlando Pace at RT?

He's gonna want a decent chunk of change.

I bet Ozzie inquires but I don't see it happening.

In other FA news Patriots agreed to terms with CB Leigh Bodden on a one-year contract. NFL.com's Vic Carucci reports that the deal is worth $750,000

pp

I thought the Ravens had already lost interest in Marvel Smith.

Quote Originally Posted by highwater View Post
    I thought the Ravens had already lost interest in Marvel Smith.
    If they were talking to him, they must be interested in upgrading RT. They got killed by Woodley, and will have to deal with him next year. it would be nice to not have to double him.

Blog Entries

Pace would be a good add on the O-line/RT, that would sure up some good time for Flacco to work his magic. Hopefully with most teams filling gaps and slowing down we can get him for a good price or release Willie to free up some money.

Quote Originally Posted by ScoNo View Post
    Pace would be a good add on the O-line/RT, that would sure up some good time for Flacco to work his magic. Hopefully with most teams filling gaps and slowing down we can get him for a good price or release Willie to free up some money.
    I also do not trust Terry as the backup LT anymore. The only time Joe seemed to get blindsided was when he was over there on the unbalanced or when Trent Cole was eating his lunch, and Gaither had to play with one arm.

Pace should be better than Big Willy by far if healthy, and can provide much better depth at LT should Gaither get nicked up again.

Blog Entries

of course we'd be interested, but it just ain't going to happen, unless he plays for like 3 or 4 mil per year. If we release Willie, we save about 2 mil in cap space, and we only have somewhere around 2-3 to play with as is. Orlando Pace will likely have teams jumping over him unless they have tried and true studs at both OT spots. He will probably get a deal at 7 or 8 mil per season.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I don't see the point in releasing big Willie just to sign Pace. Why ditch somone who knows the offense already just to replace him with somone just as old (give or take)?

If they just sign Pace that is one thing, can't have too many T's. But just to do it to get rid of Anderson doesnt make sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    of course we'd be interested, but it just ain't going to happen, unless he plays for like 3 or 4 mil per year. If we release Willie, we save about 2 mil in cap space, and we only have somewhere around 2-3 to play with as is. Orlando Pace will likely have teams jumping over him unless they have tried and true studs at both OT spots. He will probably get a deal at 7 or 8 mil per season.
    7 or 8 million a year?

Maybe I'm missing something but he's 33 and isn't exactly an ironman.

I don't see him getting those numbers. He might get it on paper but not in reality.

PP

I hardly see Pace getting more than a 3 year deal in the 3-5 range with about 3 guaranteed. If healthy he would be an upgrade over Anderson as he could also be the backup to Gaither in the event of an injury.

Can Pace play RT? He's a pretty old dog to learn new tricks..everything he has learned for 13 years would have to be done "opposite". Not sure how his instincts would react with a good speed rusher coming at him from the "wrong side".

Also - the last 3 years he has missed 25 games after starting every game in 7 of the prior 8 seasons. The chances of him being as healthy as Willie are very low.

Blog Entries

According to TL's update on the Ray and Birk contracts, we are 1.8 Mil under the cap right now. So we can really only sign Orlando for about 3.8 Mil this year or less, assuming we then would cut Willie Anderson to save 2 Mil against the cap. Maybe he takes a deal that cheap, maybe not, but given that we're likely still looking at CBs, WRs, draft pool, etc, seems like it'd be a hard push to bring in Orlando Pace at all.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!