Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another CB

Re: Another CB

Quote Originally Posted by bmore4life View Post
    i'll second that... i lmfao when i saw what Jacksonville gave up to get to 8 last year. there is no way Ozzie takes that risk, even if Crabtree is a game changer. i have a feeling Maclin will start to fall and could be in reach of us.
    I would lay 10 to 1 we don't trade up at all in the first round.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    I would lay 10 to 1 we don't trade up at all in the first round.

- C -
    I would buy that for a dollar. I doubt we jump to the top 10, but it would not shock me at all if we move up some. Oz is more likley to do it than anyone, particaulrally when he does not feel his team has a lot of holes.

3. Re: Another CB

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    I would lay 100 to 1 odds that we do not trade up into the top 10 this year.

- C -
    don't think you should be so sure about that, but i have to applaud your confidence. if any single player is the one piece we need to be scary and if we don't have too many other holes, that's exactly what we do if we are trying to win right away. there is no reason that maclin falls, he will probably be gone by the time the jags pick anyway because the raiders are drooling mover his speed. i'm not saying this will happen, but i sure as hell would love to see it and get that dynamic playmaker that we won't get at 26. and it's not that out of the picture to contemplate and give some bullshit 100 to 1 odds.

another possibility would be sliding up a few spots to take pettigrew or one of the tweeners before atlanta or one of those teams picks. definitely not out of the question.
    Last edited by baltimore_hokie; 03-10-2009 at 03:00 PM.

Moving up to the top 10 would cost a lot both in terms of money and picks. I doubt there is any player tat Ozzie feels is worth that. I could see him maybe moving to the late teens or early 20s if a guy like Crabtree or maclin fell that far.

5. Re: Another CB

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    You know its wierd I havent heard anything about Bodden either,maybe the teams know something we dont.

As far as Bush is concerned,mainly a special teamer or dime guy like you said....nothing more.UDFA a few years ago who has bounced around.
    bodden signed a one year deal with the pats today. wouldn't be surprised if he does pretty well in their offense, being back in man coverage will help him alot.

Quote Originally Posted by TRAP View Post
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Where did you read it?

We need a link.

No link no drive.
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...0,766830.story

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Hea...=NFL&hl=141060

Patriots agreed to terms with CB Leigh Bodden on a one-year contract. NFL.com's Vic Carucci reports that the deal is worth $750,000.

PP

7. Re: Another CB

Quote Originally Posted by purplepoe View Post
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/f...0,766830.story

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/Hea...=NFL&hl=141060

Patriots agreed to terms with CB Leigh Bodden on a one-year contract. NFL.com's Vic Carucci reports that the deal is worth $750,000.

PP
    the boston globe is refuting that story and saying the contract is worth 2.25M, with 1M of that guaranteed. that seems more likely than the veteran minimum for bodden.

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    the boston globe is refuting that story and saying the contract is worth 2.25M, with 1M of that guaranteed. that seems more likely than the veteran minimum for bodden.
    I was surprised to read he got only the league minimum.

I just went on the Globes site and didn't see anything regarding the terms of the deal though.

PP

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    Well there you have it.

Makes more sense the vet minimum for sure.

PP

10. Re: Another CB

and i still that's a bargain for him