Interesting Newsweek Poll ....

.... that not one person in the MSM is noticing.

For the first time in his short stint as the on-the-job Presdient, Obama has dipped below 60%.

http://www.newsweek.com/id/188005

The Obama-friendly Newsweek poll is giving him an approval rating of 58% out of 1,203 Americans.

We will know in about a week if other polls show the same trend.

What is most damaging to Obama is the outlook on his ability to fix this current mess. Back in January, right before he took the oath, 48% of the public thought he was the guy. With the margin of error, half of the public thought he could fix it.

Now, 5 weeks in, the public is not so sure, with that number now down to 40%.

And this campaign to paint Rush into this box that he is somehow the leader of the GOP is falling on it's face much like it did for Clinton.

The people polled were asked if they see Rush as the leader of the GOP. An overwhelming number of people say "nope" by 74% not buying it -- and those numbers are consistent amongst BOTH the GOP and the Dems.

Re: Interesting Newsweek Poll ....

as the kids say, "Oh snap"

Lame. And once again, no challenge to the facts in the Newsweek poll.

Your graph has three problems. One, it's outdated. Two, those numbers reflect Newsweek's same findings from their previous poll from that same time period. Third and lastly, how people view a certain person is not a political approval poll. If you bothered to read the Newsweek poll, they say the same thing -- people like, as I do, Obama as a person. He is someone I would have a beer with for sure.

All that graph shows is his how people view him personally, not his job approval. Proof once again the MSM is asleep at the switch and will do anything to spin Obama in a positive light, even if it means useless polls designed to trick folks such as yourself.

You get a A+ for a dramatic graph, that's for sure. You obviously didnt bother to read the questions associated with my linked poll.

Now, care to counter anything Newsweek had to say or maybe you can find another graph that shows people dont like Newsweek or something?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Lame. And once again, no challenge to the facts in the Newsweek poll.

Your graph has three problems. One, it's outdated. Two, those numbers reflect Newsweek's same findings from their previous poll from that same time period. Third and lastly, how people view a certain person is not a political approval poll. If you bothered to read the Newsweek poll, they say the same thing -- people like, as I do, Obama as a person. He is someone I would have a beer with for sure.

All that graph shows is his how people view him personally, not his job approval. Proof once again the MSM is asleep at the switch and will do anything to spin Obama in a positive light, even if it means useless polls designed to trick folks such as yourself.

You get a A+ for a dramatic graph, that's for sure. You obviously didnt bother to read the questions associated with my linked poll.

Now, care to counter anything Newsweek had to say or maybe you can find another graph that shows people dont like Newsweek or something?
    outdated? a couple days?

what about the meager 26% that disapprove?

What about the +22% margin difference of independents that approve?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    All that graph shows is his how people view him personally, not his job approval.
    semantics don't negate the findings that 25% view the repubicans positively and nearly 70% view Obama positively. that is a devastating difference regardless of the wording of a question. do you really think the average "pollee" processes the difference between "do you approve of Obama?" and "do you approve of the job Obama is doing?" I doubt it.

you are the king cherry picker of polls. they are all insiginificant until something is in your favor and still 58% job approval is very strong considering what we are coming out of from the past 8 years. Liberal blogs are all singing the praise of the newsweek poll. i will be sure to check back when it goes higher and see what excuse you give for it then.

The conservative leaning WSJ poll has Obama soaring in popularity and the repubs tanking but that is really not earth shattering news these days

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    outdated? a couple days?

what about the meager 26% that disapprove?

What about the +22% margin difference of independents that approve?
    Yes. Outdated. In the world of political polling, anything past a day to a day and half is outdated, epecially if there was news or events in that same day -- oh, like the stock market going down another 300+ points.

semantics don't negate the findings that 25% view the repubicans positively and nearly 70% view Obama positively. that is a devastating difference regardless of the wording of a question. do you really think the average "pollee" processes the difference between "do you approve of Obama?" and "do you approve of the job Obama is doing?" I doubt it.
    Doubt it all you want, but that's classic push polling.

you are the king cherry picker of polls. they are all insiginificant until something is in your favor and still 58% job approval is very strong considering what we are coming out of from the past 8 years. Liberal blogs are all singing the praise of the newsweek poll. i will be sure to check back when it goes higher and see what excuse you give for it then.

The conservative leaning WSJ poll has Obama soaring in popularity and the repubs tanking but that is really not earth shattering news these days
    Hahahahaha .... the person who was pimping Gallop all over the place is now saying polls are insignificant? Of course liberal bloggers are pimping Obama -- what kind of proof is that???

The only conservative part of the WSJ is the Op-Ed page. That same paper was complimentary during most of the Clinton years.

Face it. Even your beloved Gallop is down five points -- from 67 to now 62%. One thing I find interesting about that Gallop poll is they never list the questions of the poll -- something Newsweek has the stones to do.

Galen, you're looking rather silly now with all your "objective" polls ....

From the mouth of Scott Rasmussen:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB123690358175013837.html

"Overall, Rasmussen Reports shows a 56%-43% approval, with a third strongly disapproving of the president's performance. This is a substantial degree of polarization so early in the administration. Mr. Obama has lost virtually all of his Republican support and a good part of his Independent support, and the trend is decidedly negative."