Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: No Kyle....Noooooo!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    Kyle can not read a defense. He forces throws into coverage and misreads the blitz constantly. The same O line that got him killed only allowed McNair to be sacked 14 times in 17 starts.
    You don't watch much of the team do you? The line was different in those years.

Kyle cost Billick his job, and possible HOF carreer.
    LOLOL

Good luck Kyle! He deserves a legit shot somewhere else...hopefully he pulls it off.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Not just that, but that same OL that played well for McNair one year just couldn't keep it together and beat McNair into surgery and retirement the next.

Quote Originally Posted by italianjoker View Post
    Boller was a class act for what this town did to him. i wish him the best and hope he finds that proper situation. i would like to see him on a decent team that does not put the SB on his rookie shoulders the way we did and i would like to see him with some decent coaching that Billick could not provide. sure we brought in people to work specifically with him, but how much work could these guys do when they had Billick over them the entire time? we already know OC was a joke position when he was in town.
    :word

For a lot of different reasons, the light never seemed to come on for him. Looking back you can see that he was drafted too high and put in a difficult situation. He always worked hard, hustled on the field and was a stand-up guy in the locker room. I can't root against any player that does that for my team.

Still, he'll get a few more chances in the current QB-starved NFL. He's got some talent and there's probably a handful OCs who figure they just need to straighten out his head.

Billick can not blame Kyle, but he can clearly point to that mistake as the one that killed him.

J.O., Brown, Flynn, Chester and Pashos with Vincent and Terry mixed in for 2006 right? McNair throwing to Heap and Mason just like Kyle did with Jamal getting the carries? The only major difference I saw in the 2006 line and offense was #9 under center instead of #7. Now if the vets are going to play that much better for a QB they believe in, the coach needs to know and get that Qb in the game, or at least get the one out they do not block for.

I think the blocking was abaout the same, the ability to make a read and throw just took Kyle a full second longer than Steve on average, but McNair was looking for an underneath or checkdown throw 99% of the time, and Kyle was mostly looking to go deep because his short accuracy stunk.

Good luck Kyle! He deserves a legit shot somewhere else...hopefully he pulls it off.
    as if he didnt get a legit chance here. OMG
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    I love when people just outright make this claim like somehow he is Akili Smith or Ryan Leaf. Those guys couldn't play. Kyle couldn't play here.

But the dude was still 60% passing completion and 50/50 touchdowns to interceptions. It's not like he can't make throws. He just needs a place where he can be protected. It wasn't here. Maybe it's Oakland.
    Exactly right. Quick! Name all the quarterbacks who flourished in Billick's offense!

There's no way that many QBs flat out sucked. And as if his years in Baltimore weren't enough evidence (and they should have been) after watching Matt Cavanaugh dismantle the Pitt Panther offense the past few years, "ah thank ah see's tha prawblum......" Good luck to Kyle, wherever he ends up.

I wouldn't begrudge him a chance to start somewhere -- he deserves a shot. But with the improvements on O since Cam took over, I would feel good about having KB as the backup. In fact, I'd feel really good about it.

Blog Entries

Someone will pick him up at a Vet minimum. He'd be a decent backup on the right team....

J.O., Brown, Flynn, Chester and Pashos with Vincent and Terry mixed in for 2006 right? McNair throwing to Heap and Mason just like Kyle did with Jamal getting the carries? The only major difference I saw in the 2006 line and offense was #9 under center instead of #7. Now if the vets are going to play that much better for a QB they believe in, the coach needs to know and get that Qb in the game, or at least get the one out they do not block for.

I think the blocking was abaout the same, the ability to make a read and throw just took Kyle a full second longer than Steve on average, but McNair was looking for an underneath or checkdown throw 99% of the time, and Kyle was mostly looking to go deep because his short accuracy stunk.
    You're entitled to your opinion but you can't make up facts:
    2005 had JO, Mulitalo, Flynn, Vincent and O. Brown. Mulitalo and Brown were clearly overmatched and at the end of their careers. That line basically consisted of one HOF and 4 guys who sucked.

In 2006, J. Brown replaced Mulitalo and Pashos replaced O. Brown. While not total studs, their level play was FAR above the 2 they replaced. And with JO anchoring his side they were free to help out the still bad Flynn and Vincent. I haven't played QB but I'm going to guess that 4/5 of a bad line is harder to play behind than 2/5 of a bad line.

So when you say
    The same O line that got him killed only allowed McNair to be sacked 14 times in 17 starts.
    you are wrong and makes your opinion look meaningless.

It's been rehashed again and again. I've said many times any O-line would look worse with Boller under center than a competent NFL quarterback.

I've given Boller much grief on this board but as it turns out atleast some if not most of the blame should be laid at the feet of Billick.

I said prior to mini camp that if Troy Smith and Boller were to fight for the starting gig on an even playing field Smith would beat Boller like a drum. Turns out I was wrong. Boller looked to be playing with much more confidence, from what I saw Boller looked like the most competent quarterback on the roster in training camp and from what we saw during preseason. I was sad when he went down, not just for the Ravens but for Boller as well.. There is no doubt in my mind that Boller would be better with this staff, the question is how much?

The shot Brown took at him was totally weak and classless.
    If expected he moves on I'll root for this guy wherever he lands.
    Last edited by RustonRifle; 03-06-2009 at 12:26 PM.

Ok. So as expected a majority of people wish Kyle well, and a couple of the usual suspects still have to piss on him.

So now that we got this out of our system, can we get back to the Ravens? I was a Kyle backer too, but he isn't here anymore. Let's focus on who is, and who might be coming.

Quote Originally Posted by FHRaven View Post
    You're entitled to your opinion but you can't make up facts:
    2005 had JO, Mulitalo, Flynn, Vincent and O. Brown. Mulitalo and Brown were clearly overmatched and at the end of their careers. That line basically consisted of one HOF and 4 guys who sucked.

In 2006, J. Brown replaced Mulitalo and Pashos replaced O. Brown. While not total studs, their level play was FAR above the 2 they replaced. And with JO anchoring his side they were free to help out the still bad Flynn and Vincent. I haven't played QB but I'm going to guess that 4/5 of a bad line is harder to play behind than 2/5 of a bad line.

So when you say you are wrong and makes your opinion look meaningless.
    First of all I do not care how my opinion looks to you, but lets try to get some consensus on the general talent on the O in 2005 and 2006. I think it is a real stretch to say that a healthy 2005 Mulitalo and 2005 Zeus, were a lot worse than 2006 Jason Brown and Tony Pashos. I also think it is fair to say J.O. would have been better in 05 than 06 as well as Flynn, Jamal was less beat up and Heap was about to have his best run of production. Mason was younger. There are a lot of differences in one year, but I think the talent and scheme on the O n 2005 and 2006 was very comparable. To start your argument based on the O line getting way better with Chester instead of Vincent who started for the Steelers all year in 2004, and Brown over Big Ed, evn Pashos over Zeus in 2005 is close. Zeus was a maulers mauler. Pashos was better at pass blocking, but Zeus could have held up long enough for McNair and his 3 step drops and completion for 4 yards. It was Kyle, stumblin out of blocks, dropping back 6 steps and running out of the pocket before forcing a bad throw that made the line look terrible.