More financial questions on Steele

http://www.wbaltv.com/news/18805463/detail.html

Between Sept. 7, 2006, and Nov. 1, 2006, Ehrlich's campaign paid Allied Berton more than $229,000, which included expenses described as food and transportation, salaries, compensation and rent, I-Team lead investigative reporter Jayne Miller said.

The firm got one payment in the amount of more than $73,000 from the campaign account of Ehrlich's running mate, Kristen Cox. That expense was listed as media. A payment of $50,000 went to the firm from the state's Republican party. It listed the expense as vehicle rentals and volunteers, Miller reported.

Steele's Senate campaign made four payments to Allied Berton in October and November 2006 totaling more than $64,000. Each of those expenses was listed as political consulting, according to campaign filings.

"The firm doesn't have anything to do with political consulting or providing services to elected officials or campaigns, and what we can't tell by looking at what was reported is what the expenditures were really for," Norris said.

geeezzz, wonder who dropped the dime on this one? R or D ? I guess Erlich may soon be wishing that Steele never became RNC head or that Steele didn't question Boss Limbaugh's ownership of the Repubs.

Re: More financial questions on Steele

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    http://www.wbaltv.com/news/18805463/detail.html

Between Sept. 7, 2006, and Nov. 1, 2006, Ehrlich's campaign paid Allied Berton more than $229,000, which included expenses described as food and transportation, salaries, compensation and rent, I-Team lead investigative reporter Jayne Miller said.

The firm got one payment in the amount of more than $73,000 from the campaign account of Ehrlich's running mate, Kristen Cox. That expense was listed as media. A payment of $50,000 went to the firm from the state's Republican party. It listed the expense as vehicle rentals and volunteers, Miller reported.

Steele's Senate campaign made four payments to Allied Berton in October and November 2006 totaling more than $64,000. Each of those expenses was listed as political consulting, according to campaign filings.

"The firm doesn't have anything to do with political consulting or providing services to elected officials or campaigns, and what we can't tell by looking at what was reported is what the expenditures were really for," Norris said.

geeezzz, wonder who dropped the dime on this one? R or D ? I guess Erlich may soon be wishing that Steele never became RNC head or that Steele didn't question Boss Limbaugh's ownership of the Repubs.
    ok, i just got here and all, but you sound as if you are a bit dem.

i guess i have 2 things.

1) this "financial" stuff is a bit old news.

2), really!?!? really? this is the best you got? the dems can not select a single person that did not evade taxes for years to a single position and the best you got is a couple grand here and a couple grand there in campaign funds.

i guess the last thing i have to ask is, are you French?
    I live vicariously through myself.

Quote Originally Posted by italianjoker View Post
    ok, i just got here and all, but you sound as if you are a bit dem.

i guess i have 2 things.

1) this "financial" stuff is a bit old news.

2), really!?!? really? this is the best you got? the dems can not select a single person that did not evade taxes for years to a single position and the best you got is a couple grand here and a couple grand there in campaign funds.

i guess the last thing i have to ask is, are you French?
    "are you french?" talk about old news....that was the arrogant american line from 7 years ago before we all realized we were fooled into a wasteful war. seriously if that is the best you can bring, i would suggest staying where ever it was you were.

and no I am not french but looking back on the whole deal, most would agree it was the French who got right in the first place.

Very tired debate.

He had credit troubles in the past and the Dems even tried to illegally gain a copy of his credit report.

Dems of Galen's ilk seem to forget the sit-down he gave to CNN in which he admitted his past credit issues.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Very tired debate.

He had credit troubles in the past and the Dems even tried to illegally gain a copy of his credit report.

Dems of Galen's ilk seem to forget the sit-down he gave to CNN in which he admitted his past credit issues.
    Repubs of HR's ilk are having more and more trouble out-blustering reality these days. But as Steele would say, "keep blowing babyyyy"

This is all new stuff...giving almost $400,000 of campaign finance money to a commodities broker that at the time was not even legally operating in the state. Not sure if that has anything to do with the Dems gaining access to his credit report.

its funny that on one thread you disown the GOP but then here choose to support Michael Steele who is more than likely on his way out as Chair.

Repubs of HR's ilk are having more and more trouble out-blustering reality these days. But as Steele would say, "keep blowing babyyyy"

This is all new stuff...giving almost $400,000 of campaign finance money to a commodities broker that at the time was not even legally operating in the state. Not sure if that has anything to do with the Dems gaining access to his credit report.

its funny that on one thread you disown the GOP but then here choose to support Michael Steele who is more than likely on his way out as Chair.
    He ran his campaign back in .... what .... 2006?

There were news stories back then about it.

I am not owning, disowning or promoting anyone or party.

What I can do, and you seem to lack, is the rhetoric used to knock people down that has very little substance.

The Dems are very scared of Steele and this is what you get from your side when there is someone who can stand with them -- smear and lies.

And you're very naive if you really think he is on his way out. His lone opponent has never been on his side from the word go, having lobbied for his opponent during his campaign to head the RNC.

Steele has quickly become popular amongst the rank and file GOPers. Remains to be seen if that trickles down to the base.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    He ran his campaign back in .... what .... 2006?

There were news stories back then about it.

I am not owning, disowning or promoting anyone or party.

What I can do, and you seem to lack, is the rhetoric used to knock people down that has very little substance.

The Dems are very scared of Steele and this is what you get from your side when there is someone who can stand with them -- smear and lies.
    "very scared"

that is you being your typical drama-queen self. no one is scared of steele. he will be gone if the republicans can figure out how to do it without looking even worse. some have already called for his head while there is talk of having a "co-chair" which if happens is the way the republicans get rid of him and save face.

"when there is someone who can stand with them"

this sounds like your assessment of Palin a couple months ago. you lose cred with these type of comments.

Dont hold your breath, Galen.

He isnt going anywhere and certainly has no desires to impress your side. As long as he continues to impress the base, he will do just fine.

"are you french?" talk about old news....that was the arrogant american line from 7 years ago before we all realized we were fooled into a wasteful war. seriously if that is the best you can bring, i would suggest staying where ever it was you were.

and no I am not french but looking back on the whole deal, most would agree it was the French who got right in the first place.
    my question was not meant as some offensive remark. the name you use here looked a bit french to me. and the guy in the pic is wearing a beret. anyway, it was just a question.

HR, don't forget about the Dems calling him names and throwing Oreos at him. you know, the dems who are all for helping people and equality?
    I live vicariously through myself.