Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Jason Brown shows even less class

I have absolutely no problem with anything in the Jason Brown quote above. No problem that he said it, and no problem with its accuracy. I think some people here are just looking for any excuse to bash the guy now that he's moved on to another team, for more money than the Ravens were willing to offer.

I honestly do not care. I love "Silly Season". I actually look forward to this time of year almost as much as I do the season kickoff. Juicy speculation and observers trying to dissect exactly what a playe ris thinking of what he is attempting to say. They are athletes, and even though many are college grads, they are not exactly the most eloquently spoken.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

So Jason is telling Kyle to have faith in his o line even while he was getting pounded into submission thanks to the oline, of which Jason Brown was 1/5th a part of. Real classy.

Speaking of which any news on anyone being intrested in KB?

Other than the talking heads tossing ideas around, there have been no teams that have gone on record as being interested in KB.
    I'm normally not a praying man, but if you're up there, please save me Superman!

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    As best as I could tell, center Jason Brown and quarterback Kyle Boller were friendly teammates while with the Baltimore Ravens.

Yet Brown had no problem ripping Boller this weekend while talking to St. Louis reporters following his signing of a new five-year, $37.5 million contract.

"Kyle Boller with the Ravens, I love him to death, but you see what getting hit one too many times early in your career can do to you," Brown said, courtesy of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. "He became gun shy ... and he started to scramble. You have to have faith in your offensive line."

Ouch!

Not to say that Brown's assessment was inaccurate, but it did come off as unnecessary. St. Louis' newest addition should have been looking forward, not looking back.

If anything, Brown could have made his point without mentioning Boller and making an example of a friend and former teammate.

while one part of me wants to laugh because he's making fun of boller, the other half of me is thinking about what a classless piece of shit brown has turned into since leaving...
    If that is the totality of what he said, then I have no problem with it. If he is talking about the importance of a strong Oline then so what. This wasn't degrading. As for his other comments about the Ravens spending more on D, ITS THE TRUTH. Its not low class to point it out. I WANT our x-Ravens to be pissed when they can't stay. That says a lot about the organization and he and Bart wanted to be here.

Quote Originally Posted by Gabrosin View Post
    I have absolutely no problem with anything in the Jason Brown quote above. No problem that he said it, and no problem with its accuracy. I think some people here are just looking for any excuse to bash the guy now that he's moved on to another team, for more money than the Ravens were willing to offer.
    No, I'm bashing him for throwing a former teammate under the bus. Regardless of whether it was 'accurate', it's no way to talk about someone he thinks of as a friend, and someone who always stood up for all his teammates.

Like I said in another thread, I don't insist any particular Raven show class & be respectable. So, now he's gone, and he's thrown a classy guy looking for work under the bus. I don't owe him shit. "Accurate"? I couldn't care less. That's now how you treat someone who has taken bullets with (and for) you.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

As much as I know the Boller haters were all to quick to jump on this thread, it helps if you actually quote everything he said:

“That relationship between the quarterback and the offensive line, it’s more important than what people think,” Brown said. “Because we give that guy confidence. Kyle Boller with the Ravens, I love him to death. But you see what getting hit one too many times early in your career can do to you. He became gun shy.

“Instead of getting the ball and standing back there with poise and then being able to step up, if there was a flash of anything, something, it might have been far on the edge, he was like. . .”

Concluding his take on Boller, Brown emphasized that a quarterback has to believe in his line’s ability to protect him.

“And he started to scramble,” Brown said. “You have to have the faith in your offensive line to where you say, ‘Hey, I know these guys are going to give me the seconds that I need in order to get this ball off.’ You know what? We have to bring that back (in St. Louis).”

What Brown said was dead on, and something many of us have been saying forever. Boller got beat down early and often, and the OL got him hurt not once, not twice, but three times.

Jason Brown is saying that the OL has to give their QB confidence. There is nothing wrong with what he said. Boller never had an OL he could trust. Neither did any of the other QB's that played here. Only the CR's of the forum drool and slober at the chance to kick Boller around.

Blog Entries

Who's Jason Brown and why are we still talking about him?

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG
    Jason Brown is saying that the OL has to give their QB confidence. There is nothing wrong with what he said. Boller never had an OL he could trust.
    True, but wasn't Jason Brown part of that OL that was supposed to give the QB confidence? I don't disagree with what he said, but I have no idea why he brought this up to begin with. I wouldn't be too thrilled if I were a Rams fan hearing this. "Yeah, our OL sucked so bad that our QB got hurt and had no confidence in our blocking, and yeah, I was part of that line." Way to fire up your new teamates, Jason.

Only the CR's of the forum drool and slober at the chance to kick Boller around.
    personally I Love to see how Stinger gets his panties in a knot, and as always, he never disappoints. Im waiting for him to declare that he is leaving the board because the quality has gone down hill and vows to never return. Grab your popcorn

"Yeah, our OL sucked so bad that our QB got hurt and had no confidence in our blocking, and yeah, I was part of that line." Way to fire up your new teamates, Jason
    Exactly and Stinger keeps saying that hed rather have Brown and hes done nothing but kill our qbs and now Brown is actually admitting it
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Quote Originally Posted by crazyraven
    Exactly and Stinger keeps saying that hed rather have Brown and hes done nothing but kill our qbs and now Brown is actually admitting it
    And what exactly is your point, other than making a lame attack on a poster? It's obviously past your bedtime CR, so drink a glass of warm milk, grab your Ray Ray doll and go to bed.

And what exactly is your point, other than making a lame attack on a poster
    Boy you are stupid. You point out that Brown is admitting that he cant block and you dont see the point.
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--