Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: It gets better: Did Ray Have First Crack at the Jets?

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Let's NOT forget, Ray is still playing at an ALL-PRO level, and should be paid accordingly!
    All pro huh? Nothing to do with his name and tenure?

Did you see the quote TL had from a Ravens insider? He could cover a dead man in a blanket?

Pay attention, that's all I ask

absolutely, Rack RavenJoe
    WOW! I feel so fortunate that the Ravens did what they had to do to make this happen. Thank you. My Heart is with the Raven....My Heart is with Baltimore and its great fans. What can I say. Here We Go!!! --Ray Lewis
    No, Thank you Ray... :ww:
    -->^78F$09U&67D!45A#54R87B)89V<--

Quote Originally Posted by yeahravens View Post
    All pro huh? Nothing to do with his name and tenure?

Did you see the quote TL had from a Ravens insider? He could cover a dead man in a blanket?
    What I saw was a Pro-Bowl performance from Ray last year. I don't know who that "Ravens insider" was watching, but I'll trust my own judgment when it comes to evaluating Ray's contribution to this team's success last year - getting his team to the championship game is proof enough for me!
    Last edited by ravenjoe; 03-02-2009 at 12:09 AM.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    So we've started the 2009 season already? You know for a fact that Ray's age won't catch up with him this year?

Ray is also a 34 year old linebacker with a couple years left in him. 31 other teams see that as well, and they won't pay him what he is asking.

I hate to tell you, but his price is not accordingly.
    Of course I don't know if "Ray's age won't catch up with him" next year? But Ray is an athletic marvel, and I wouldn't bet against him as far as being able to deliver another couple of solid years (and maybe another pro-bowl year), and get this team to the promised land. I also trust Oz as far as determining what an appropriate offer is for Ray - if he says 17mil up front, then so be it.
    Last edited by ravenjoe; 03-02-2009 at 12:10 AM.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Of course I don't know if "Ray's age won't catch up with him" next year? But Ray is an athletic marvel, and I wouldn't bet against him as far as being able to deliver another couple of solid years (and maybe another pro-bowl year), and get this team to the promised land. I also trust Oz as far as determining what an appropriate offer is for Ray - if he says 17mil up front, then so be it.
    I'll give Ray this. He does have his disciples. Guys that will, no matter what he says or does, or how hard he backhands them, will keep coming back and kissing the man's feet. Bravo.

Look, I've never had a problem with any poster - from WSO to CBD - and the Ray hate on this board baffles me. Its like the first chance anyone gets to jump on anything, true or not- they do. And it comes back to the reason this board had a partial migration. Kyle Boller.

The QB fights (and a crappy proprietary software) helped fracture YBR and create this site which trends toward higher level football talk, that I enjoy very much. But in the process there became a Ray Lewis / Kyle Boller split where it seemed that the supporters of one became the "haters" of the other. I think this is ridiculous, but it is what happened.

That said, I think Ray is the greatest of all time, and I want to see him play his entire career here in Baltimore. No matter how bad he may or may not (remember most of this is 3rd party rumors) have handled free agency so far.

Say what you will about Ray (and he is far from perfect) but he is 10x classier than Jason Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave52 View Post
    Look, I've never had a problem with any poster - from WSO to CBD - and the Ray hate on this board baffles me. Its like the first chance anyone gets to jump on anything, true or not- they do. And it comes back to the reason this board had a partial migration. Kyle Boller.

The QB fights (and a crappy proprietary software) helped fracture YBR and create this site which trends toward higher level football talk, that I enjoy very much. But in the process there became a Ray Lewis / Kyle Boller split where it seemed that the supporters of one became the "haters" of the other. I think this is ridiculous, but it is what happened.

That said, I think Ray is the greatest of all time, and I want to see him play his entire career here in Baltimore. No matter how bad he may or may not (remember most of this is 3rd party rumors) have handled free agency so far.

Say what you will about Ray (and he is far from perfect) but he is 10x classier than Jason Brown.
    What Brown said was not only a slap in the face to, by all accounts, a classy teammate, he also unwittingly lowered Boller's value in free agency with that little bit of vindictive banter. As in, negatively affecting Boller's ability to earn a decent paycheck. His livelihood, man.

Wonder how dumbass will react when the Rams suck again this season?:grbac:

Quote Originally Posted by GreenWave52 View Post

The problem with your scenerio Greenwave is that we are talking about two completely different situations. Kyle Boller was the young starting QB already on the roster, under contract, not playing up to par. Like him or not, Boller wanted to be a Raven, and resigned a backup contract to stay here.

Ray Lewis is an older LB on the downside of his career who wants to get OUT of Baltimore. He has tried to use the media to drum up support from two teams that don't want him, so he could leave and finish his career elsewhere. And now he's a free agent and technically not even a member of the team anymore. And as of 10:22am, STILL hasn't agreed to terms with the Ravens. And please don't bring up him being in Florida with his family, yada yada. He has an agent. A 5 minute call would have him at least agreeing to the terms and could come down this week to sign it. Or hell, have it emailed to him in a PDF.

Two completely different things.

That's what I don't understand. I have more love for the team than I do the player. And when I see a player using and abusing my team to get what HE wants, then I don't care who he is. That doesn't excuse the behavior.

Jason Brown's comments were about something different than the Boller haters made it out to be. It's all been explained int he other thread.

This rumor is completely untrue. Rex Ryan and 2 other coaches showed up at Bart Scott's house in MD at 12:01am. He was their first choice, not Ray.

when I see a player using and abusing my team to get what HE wants, then I don't care who he is. That doesn't excuse the behavior.
    This about sums up my feelings on the matter.
    Lady Raven (aka Slinky)

*the poster formerly known as Raven31

Save The Last Dance (1/6/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzZbWHjyqJY

Mile High Miracle (1/12/2013) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21ugOF34jhA

Players in general are the ones used and abused by football. Think of all the work and injury risk they went through before getting more than the average A student, with a lot more strings attached to the scholarship.

Until movie stars and juiced up baseball players stop getting 20 mil a year, I am never going to say a football player is wrong for doing anything they can to get what they can. The NFL generates billions, and is not really a buisiness.