Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Ravens Appreciation Thread

I know we are all upset, shocked, and disgusted with yesterday's missed opportunity, but the Ravens gave us a season of great excitement around here. As a matter of fact, they, along with the Terps, are the only teams to give us anything exciting over the past ten years, but that's a different discussion.

I would like to thank the BALTIMORE Ravens for a great season and much excitement and anticipation here in Baltimore.

We did finish 13-3 and are the AFC North Champions.

We did sweep the Steelgirls; totally manhandled them 58-7.

Thanks Baltimore Ravens and I am ready for the NFL Draft and the start of mini camps (OTAs) in May.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Re: Ravens Appreciation Thread

Thank You, Baltimore Ravens. You gave us a team to be proud of, on and off the field. You improved 7 games from last year, won a Division Title, and twice humiliated the defending champions. And next year, you'll be back.

I guess everyone is still either upset or sitting in a state of shock clicking the lamp on and off.:bag:

I am still pissed. I am sure I will feel this way soon.

Is it August yet? I'm ready for training camp.
    I am not happy about the outcome yesterday, but any year you get an extra game, tailgate and beautiful weather can't be all bad.

Blog Entries

Well said...I agree. They were the 'cardiac kids' sometimes this year, but it was a great year and we destroyed the Steelers' as well. Hell, come to think of it, we could have gone 6-10 this year as long as we beat Pissburgh like that, I would be happy!

Blog Entries

There's a lot of McNair bashing going on, but he's got to be our Offensive MVP this year. He managed the game well, gave everyone the confidence boost, and in some cases, won us games. At his best, Boller just kept us in the game, but he never showed he could WIN a game for us.

Also, this defense has got to rival the 2000 unit. I hope we bring Rex back next year, so we can have another shot at a record defense. However, if someone offers Rex a HC gig, he should take it and I wish him well.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I'd say thank you, but then some yahoo is bound to answer with "No problem"
    When the hell did that start?

It used to be the correct response was "You're welcome"

I am always tempted to say, (and have) "Problem..what problem, I have no problem... does someone have a problem?"
    ENFORCE THE 1ST AMENDMENT WITH THE SECOND, NEVER DISARM

It was a good season. Also it was a weird game yesterday. I'd feel worse if we got crushed, which we didn't.

Oh, well. Next year.
    Festivus

His definitions and arguments were so clear in his own mind that he was unable to understand how any reasonable person could honestly differ with him.

What I love about the NFL is that who knows what next season brings? Last year, the Colts were a FG away from the SB, this year they may make it.

Heck, we could get in the playoffs, next year, as a wildcard team and win the whole show.

Not to steer away from the appreciation theme, but just saying the name Baltimore Ravens brings a smile to my face.

These guys gave me thrills and some extra gray hairs.

Sorry guys. I'm not in the mood to be appreciative just yet.

We got our asses kicked.......at HOME........AFTER A BYE.........scoring 6 TOTAL POINTS..........I felt like we got crushed. Maybe not in the score, but in the way we played. It's like the offense basically said to the defense, "Ehhhh, you know what. We don't need it. Sorry to waste your effort, but we're not going to play today. There's always another Super Bowl next year."

Watching the Eagles and Saints, and the Bears and Seahawks. I would have been ok losing that way. If it was 27-24 and the Colts just happened to play that little bit better, but we looked good, I would have been upset but ok with it. I'm not ok with this. Not even a little bit.

And now we can pretty much say the Colts own us, both in they house and ours. Doesn't matter who the QB is, Indy has beaten us at home and away the last 4 years . Well, except 2003....because we didn't play them that year.

With all due respect, other than us winning a couple more games, how are we right now that different than the Kansas City Chiefs? Could be my just being really disgusted right now, but both us and them got manhandled by the 31st run defense in the league.

So you'll have to excuse me if I'm not thinking about being 13-3 or AFC North Champs. Because right now, all that means absolutely nothing.

It's probably going to be after the Super Bowl before I'm back on track. But right now I don't even care about the Super Bowl anymore.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Watching the Eagles and Saints, and the Bears and Seahawks. I would have been ok losing that way. If it was 27-24 and the Colts just happened to play that little bit better, but we looked good, I would have been upset but ok with it. I'm not ok with this. Not even a little bit.
    I know what you mean...if we somehow scored in the fourth quarter and took the lead and Manning marched down the field and won it, I WOULD STILL BE UPSET, but I would feel like we at least made it a game.