Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Re: Now, Let's Talk Draft

I know this will sound very crappy, but I am hoping for a bad Combine performance or even low Wonderlick score, or some B.S. that will drop him to our range. Remember how Vince Young's Wonderlick score almost dropped him? Had it not been for the Tits ignoring that, Young may dropped into the teens.

Again, I know this sounds crappy, but so much is made of Combine performances. Give me the game tape.

Ask Broderick Bunkley.
    Well I don't want to judge people but ummm................ummmmmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXbOmiOvte4

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens0587 View Post
    Well I don't want to judge people but ummm................ummmmmm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZXbOmiOvte4
    Well, he's not in Mensa or eloquent like Cicero or anything, but it really doesn't matter.

O i realize that and im praying we get him, someone stated that maybe a low wonderlik score could drop him and ummmmm I was hoping ummmmm he would umm drop to us so we could umm draft him

Can't remember whether I mentioned Trent Edwards earlier or not as a QB to watch out for to rise, but that may not be the case, I'm not sure whether he'll be able to workout with his bust ankle, and if he can't that leaves him dead in the water for rising in my opinion.

However my latest QB to watch out for to show well in workouts is John Beck of BYU. I really liked him this year at BYU and workouts will be a real chance for him to show that he's not just a workout warrior.

Some FYI, Ravens talked to CB-Aaron Ross at Senior Bowl today. There are issues with Justin Blalock's injury.

http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=118&p=2&c=612080

Strengths:
    Great athlete with fluid hips...Has an almost ideal blend of size and bulk...Leaper with very good hands and ball skills...Playmaker with a knack for being in the right place...Gives a solid effort in run support and is a pretty powerful hitter...He plays faster than he times and has top recovery speed...Elusive in the open field and is also an excellent return man...Relatively productive despite limited opportunities.

Weaknesses:
    Does not have a ton of starting experience...Is not very physical and needs to get stronger...May not have elite timed speed...Is raw in terms of his technique and footwork...Will miss some tackles at times...Instincts are questionable...Gambles and take too many risks...Gives big cushions...Was he simply a one-year wonder?

Notes:
    Recipient of the Thorpe Award as college football's top defensive back...Did not become a starter until his senior year...It's hard to believe this guy was a nickel and dime back for most of his college career but that's what happens when you play with the likes of Michael Huff, Cedric Griffin, Nathan Vasher, Michael Griffin and Tarell Brown...Saw his stock soar this past year and quickly bypassed Brown as the Longhorns top corner...An intriguing prospect who is definitely on the rise.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

Know what the issues are PR?

Interesting since the CB isn't even on a list yet...but seems like a Ravens guy. Samari might be out if we draft a CB day one if pittman or prude don't totally bite...then again that might be a sign they do.

Check out the 2007 mock projection trends page here:
    http://www.profootball24x7.com/forum...ead.php?t=4083

Yes, I am pimping my own thread...sorry, but everyone asked for me :)

Quote Originally Posted by ExiledRaven View Post
    Know what the issues are PR?
    From the scout article

"Justin Blalock’s left knee was heavily wrapped today at practice. When asked about the injury he stated that he has suffered from a sprained MCL against Kansas St. in late November. He also mentioned it does effect his overall play, but at this point it is more of a mental issue than a physical one"
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

For those interested, Day One Practice highlights on now from the Senior Bowl on NFL Network. Live Day Two practices will be on at 10.30 EST.

Practices are more important than the game at the Senior Bowl, so it's worth a look in.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephy View Post
    Well, he's not in Mensa or eloquent like Cicero or anything, but it really doesn't matter.

Cal (Go Bears!) is the best public school in the nation and Lynch caries a 3.4 GPA. He may not be a Mensa member, but he is no dummy.

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleRulz View Post
    I am liking this QB prospect to groom behind McNair:

Drew Stanton

Strengths:
    Has good size and a solid frame...Arm strength is excellent...Is a terrific all-around athlete who can move in the pocket, throw on the run and hurt defenses with his feet...Displays good accuracy, touch and timing...Is smart and a good leader with top intangibles...A gunslinger who is very competitive and tough...Can take over and dominate a game when he is on...Still has quite a bit of upside and potential.

Weaknesses:
    Is wildly inconsistent...Doesn't handle pressure well...Has a lot of mental lapses and will take too many chances...Has battled injuries throughout his career and durability is a big question...Will need to adjust to a pro-style offense...Throwing mechanics and footwork will need work...Too eager to run...Opens himself up to big hits...Stares down his target...Has a long memory & bad plays stay with him.

Notes:
    Has all the physical tools you look for but doesn't always play up to them...Tore his ACL while covering a punt in 2003...Looked like a potential high first round pick prior to his senior year but, like his Spartan team, he really struggled at times in 2006...Classic boom or bust type who looks like an elite prospect one game and an undrafted free agent the next...Could be a great starter in the NFL but for that to happen he'll have to develop some consistency and cut down on the mistakes
    Saw him in an 11 on 11 drill today get tripped over by his guard as he stepped out from under centre, looked just like a Ravens QB.

I think he plays the tripping fool part better then kyle, kyle sort of stumbles and then hits the ground, Stanton looks like he put some effort into hitting the ground.

I was really impressed today on the north squad by Josh Wilson, mcaulley (SP?) and the DE from purdue, anthony spencer.

The WR from ECU ELlison had a good day.

I'm still in the Troy Smith camp but his footwork wasn't that great and that was w/o a rish

Little things can be fixed. I don't think this team needs a huge project at QB right now.