Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Now, Let's Talk Draft

Random stuff:

1. Here is some info on Kenny Irons from scout.com.

"League scouts are keen to watch running back Kenny Irons this year. A quick ball-carrier who shows a burst through hole, Irons immediately gets into the clearing and can run to daylight if given a small amount of open space. What excites scouts is the way Irons improved on a weekly basis last year. Irons lacks classic size yet offers first round talent. Courtney Taylor is a consistent "

2. The more I think of our current CB depth, the less likely I see our first pick being a CB. It depends on what they still think of Pittman despite Pittman's poor work ethic. If we do draft a CB in the first round, then that spells the end to Pittman.

3. I would look at even adding YES another WR in this draft. Here me out. Darling and Moore are both RFAs and I doubt either will be back. That leaves us with Clayton, Williams, and Mason. We will need to add at least two WRs even if we keep Darling around. I will look up some WR prospects and , don't cringe, I would entertain giving Charles Rogers a try out. I would also think about signing Kelley Washington who is a UFA.
    It's a new season! It's a new day!

The more video I see, the more I think Kenny Irons is a better choice for us compared to Bush. Hits the hole fast, breaks tackles....can he catch is going to be the big concern. If he can't, then all of that doesn't matter...not looking really great though.

PROS
    Irons has good speed, and runs very hard. Has great vision and hits the whole hard. For a smaller sized running back he fights very hard and does not give up after the first hit.

CONS
    Had a down senior year. A little small for a running back and needs to put on some more weight. Needs to work on catching out of the backfield.

Strengths:
    Displays good vision and instincts and is a natural runner...Is more quick than fast...Patient but he will explode through the hole when it opens...Will run with authority and plays like a much bigger back...Good athleticism and the agility to change directions...Is dangerous in space and will run away from people...Gets the most out of every run...Doesn't have a lot of mileage on his tires...You simply can't ignore the history his school has of sending guys at his position to the pros.

Weaknesses:
    Timed speed is only average...He does not have the type of size, strength or bulk you'd prefer...Appears to have okay hands but his experience as a receiver in the passing game is limited...Does his best as a blocker but is only adequate and will get overwhelmed...Ball security is an issue...Was hurt a lot in '06 and durability is a concern...Has to keep his pad level down...Does not break a ton of tackles and won't run people over...Did not have the senior campaign most were expecting.
    Last edited by ExiledRaven; 01-15-2007 at 02:00 PM.

1) Troy Smith - No thank you, not until day two, he just isn't a first rounder by any stretch of the imagination. Florida game against top talent in a big game hurts him, his measurables are poor as well and he has character issues as well. Fair enough thinking he'll be good, but he ain't first round material and you don't draft on gut instinct, certainly don't reach that far.

2) Getting some games of Arron Sears, Joe Staley, Justin Blalock, Lamar Woodley and Quentin Moses soon so will be able to give a stronger opinion on them in a couple of weeks or so.

3) Keep an eye on Anthony Spencer of Purdue. Good hand down DE but also shows pretty good versatility and athleticism as well.

To be honest, for QB I'd love to get Chris Leak in round 4....I agree about spencer...depends on AD.

I can also see a Franchise Tag and trade of AD, we'd be able to get a 3rd in trade certainly, and teams like the 49ers have tons of cap space and need defensive playmakers.

We need a new RB in a big way. Jamal just can't do enough to make the offense dynamic. I would be happy w/ a rookie/Mike Anderson rotation. I am sick of Jamal and is tippy toes. All he can do is move the chains on a 50/50 basis. His RB type is a dinosaur in the NFL....just look around the league.
    Smaller, quicker RBs that can catch on the run and turn the corner are the norm.

FM

Adrian Peterson has declared for the draft. This is the guy I want and I think he will be there around 29. Teams will be scared of his injury to take him high in the first round. I think Lynch goes before Peterson. I would take either Peterson or Michael Bush and pair him with either Jamal or Mike Anderson.

If peterson gets past pick 15 I will officially crap my pants and post a picture assuming nothing changes between now and the draft, I'd be completely shocked, but we also thought Suggs would never be around for us either.

This draft is going to be critical for either one last run or filling in talent to be able to go forward with a new core (eg, new QB/RB)

Peterson available at 29? What in the blue hell are you smoking? He's a top 5 pick, top 10 at the absolute worst, he's a great all-round back. Those injuries he's got aren't wear and tear injuries and won't scare anyone away. No way he falls to us.

Colt Brennan has declared for the draft. This is THE guy I want as oru QB of the future.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/c...al-sports-more

i agree, if he's there, he's our man hands down.

I LOVED watching that bowl game. Bad 1st half, then puts up crazy numbers and a WR gets 300+ yards receiving.

Things to note:
    1 ~ 72%+ completion percentage. System or not, that says someone makes the right reads.
    2 ~ he can move in the pocket and make plays with his legs, something needed in the Ravens offense.
    3 ~ makes all the throws...

I'm looking for some highlights...I'll post when I find them

I WOULD GET SOMEONE TO REPLACE BART SCOTT CAUSE HE TALKED ALOT SHIT AND DID NOTHING AGIANST MY BELOVED COLTS "HOT SAUCE"

If you're impressed by him carving up that stellar Arizona State D, wait till you see what he did to the stout Idaho defense.

Don't get this decision by Brennan, he may be striking whilst the iron is hottest, but seriously, he's not a great pro prospect (not a great arm and is very slight) and if I were in his shoes I'd go back to Hawai'i, break some more records, have a ton of fun in the process and then worry about the NFL when I have to.